Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: There were hundreds of us still waiting to get in

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:40 pm

What time did you get there?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 am

People left it late to have another pint in the sun, surely everyone expected a queue leaving it late?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am

It's been the same for two years, everyone knew it was a sell out, everyone stayed in the pub. I just made
It in on time myself but would only blame myself. Stadium hasn't changes, how can anyone blame that??

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 am

Well there wasn't many more people than previous games?
Where turnstiles broken and out of use?
Maybe the sun and late arrivals were a coincidence? I'd bet everyone wanted that extra pint myself.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:15 am

So what was the difference from the previous weeks/months/2 seasons or has it always been a problem?
I'm assuming the turn styles haven't changed?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:32 am

Well it seems this hasn't happened from now close to two seasons, or no one has mentioned it?
It's a hot day, people get dehydrated people are bound to drink more.

A capacity crown announced days ago, a boiling hot day would make me think queues and big ones.
Turnstiles are electrical so not a lot anyone can do without the threat of duplication in the ground which could
Result in disaster.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:23 am

Midfield general wrote:Well if the stewards done their job propoerly then it should have been reported to the club and the club should investigate. However the excuse that it was a result of people wanted to drink more I have found offensive and Im sure whoever else was left outside would also find offensive. :evil:

i dont really understand how you can blame the stewards or the club for this. the club is aware of the issue of fans being stuck outside the ground after kick-off, yes i can understand it for personal frustration missing 2 goals, but turning up at the turnstiles 10 minutes before kick-off knowing its a sell-out, knowing that our more 'enthusiastic' fans like to get into the ground as late as possible resulting in 100's of fans turning up on mass 15-10min before kick-off. the club tried to resolve this issue by allowing access through both turnstiles in your stand not just your designated gate, im sure this is the case as i havent heard they scrapped it. Maybe the club should arrange for people to frog march you from the pubs to make sure you make it in time for kick. Turnstile bottle necks are a problem at every ground across the country even at Wembley.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:16 am

Stop crying,its not rocket science IT WAS A SELL OUT and anyone who arrives at the group 5-10mins b4 kick off knowning its a sell out after being in the pub for 3hours deserves all the late outside gate waiting they get its common sence :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 am

Midfield general wrote:[quote="JONNY012697the club tried to resolve this issue by allowing access through both turnstiles in your stand not just your designated gate, im sure this is the case as i havent heard they scrapped it.

To be honest this is the first I knew about this and Im sure other fans yesterday had the same mindset. If they haven't scrapped it then I will blame the stewards even more because we were the only ones to be still cueing yet they never once notified any of us that we could use the other turnstyles.[/quote]

well im sure it is because in the ninian stand we noticed very quickly on gates 5 and 6, 10-15 min before kick off gate 5 was deserted and gate 6 would have massive queues so to relieve it gate 6 ticket holders could access the ground through gate 5. Ill get back to you on it to find out if they have the same system or whether theyve scrapped it and if the system is in the canton stand i cant see why they wouldnt have it though. And yes ill concede your point if the system is their the stewards outside the ground should have given you the option to access a different gate.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 am

I use that entrance and got there about 15 mins before kick off and had to queue about 3/4 mins? Don't know what the problem is?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:12 am

Its always amazes me why the club don't tell people the kick off time so they can get in the ground on time to see the match kick off !
Though we should welcome people of all kinds to our matches, someone needs to tell the rugby followers that the match lasts 90 minutes, we still have people who leave after 80 minutes !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:05 am

Why do people leave it till the last minute to make their way to the ground?? I've got a ticket to the game so I wanna see that game (all of it), getting to the stadium 10 mins before KO when it's a sell out and we're playing the top team the odds are yu gonna miss the KO and be stressed out when you do get in because you may have missed some goals (as yesterday), plus you have to make your way past everybody who are already in their seats, pissing them off as well. Just get there earlier on these occasions..simple really!!

Can't understand people who get to the game late, go for a pint 4 mins before half time, then leave 5-10 mins before the game finishes, is it really worth these people going ?? in total they could miss about 20 mins of the game. I suppose you pays yu money and takes yu pick but I really do like to watch the whole 90 mins.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 am

Midfield general wrote:even when it was 1-1!!!!!! :twisted:

There are some aspect of the club which just isn't up to championship standard yet alone premier league.

Turn up earlier mate, you'll be fine then.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14 am

It says on your fan card you can use different gates. I'm in block 105 and I can use 3 and 4.

But nothing has changed in 2 seasons. The later you get to the ground there are always bigger queues outside even for games with smaller attendances than yesterday.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 am

I have to agree with the majority here and say that the club are blameless here and it is down to the time that people affords themselves to get into the stadium.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:23 am

I actually got to my gate closer to kick off than I normally would, and still managed to get in quicker than usual

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

carlccfc wrote:I have to agree with the majority here and say that the club are blameless here and it is down to the time that people affords themselves to get into the stadium.

The only time I've queued is when I've arrived 5mins before a game. Even then I onlyqueued about 5minutes.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 am

I have found the main problem for queues is people pissing about trying to get into the ground. Mates just shoving in front of each other and chatting instead of going in one by one. We got there 15 mins before kick off but still managed to get in with a few mins to spare. If it's a big game you have to expect queues to get in. It's not the club's fault at all.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:38 am

There are some aspect of the club which just isn't up to championship standard yet alone premier league.

Taking your frustration out on the club I'm afraid. If you are keen to see kick off get there earlier.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 am

ummmm............

i got there 10mins before kick off with a cheeky voddy in hand. queue was huge...

i decided i couldnt stand up at the back with a broken foot and explained to the guy about 3 from the front, he kindly let me in and we shared my vodka together :D

i then kindly relayed the pre match atmosphere by phone to baz and skunky who got in 10mins late :D

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 am

the stewards were just doing there job and checking tickets,the turn styles are there for safety.Safety and security aren't and shouldn't be any sort of hindrance. We all know what happened at Hillsborough when the security and safety failed on the gates.
I know now you'll say it's moved on but i say to that boats sunk it the 1800's and boats sink now

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:00 am

How is the club to blame over this ? It's just stupid, Every one knew it was a sell out and yet people expect to turn up 10 mins before kick off and then stroll in.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am

We got to the stadium about 5 minutes before kick off and were in our seats just as the game kicked off. Gate 5 in the Ninian.
I agree people do generally need to get to games earlier, but do deny there is a problem with the number of turnstyles is a bit naive really. There is a problem and its pretty damn obvious.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:32 am

well its easy really get to the ground earlier. Another thing I would suggest (for next season - particularly in good weather like yesterday) is that maybe the powers that be at the club organize some pre-match entertainment in the ground car park to encourage fans to get there earlier and build an atmosphere. Isn't that the sort of thing they do in good old USA and didn't we have some representation out in the USA earlier this year trying to learn new things about how to run a club

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 am

If you think the club are not up to the standard then you should have gave it an extra half hour and not just 10mins before the KO of such a high profile game.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Huge game, sell out crowd and you leave it until 10 minutes before kick off to get to the ground and gave the cheek to blame the club. Grow up!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:31 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Stop crying,its not rocket science IT WAS A SELL OUT and anyone who arrives at the group 5-10mins b4 kick off knowning its a sell out after being in the pub for 3hours deserves all the late outside gate waiting they get its common sence :ayatollah:

Totally agree - just get in earlier for god's sake !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:Huge game, sell out crowd and you leave it until 10 minutes before kick off to get to the ground and gave the cheek to blame the club. Grow up!

Exactly !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:28 pm

I think its been a problem since we moved to the stadium,takes longer to get into through the ninian stand than the old bob bank turnstiles,i think a few extra turnstiles would help greatly.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:36 pm

I've heard about far worse instances in life than what you have rather than being annoyed at them you should count yourself lucky