Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

norwich?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm

heard a few people today saying about norwich,,, and the amount of time they are now having for a rest before games, they played thursday, so have 4 days off, we have 2 days, etc etc? :roll:

Re: norwich?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:41 pm

That's a good point actually & not very fair at this vital time of a season.

Should be all on a level playing field. After that energetic game played in scorching heat 48 hours til the next game is no way enough for recovery time.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:That's a good point actually & not very fair at this vital time of a season.

Should be all on a level playing field. After that energetic game played in scorching heat 48 hours til the next game is no way enough for recovery time.

It is a bit balls when they then insist everyone has to play at the same time on last day of the season. Makes a mockery of it if you ask me. If you don't ask me, that's my opinion anyway ;)

Just got to get on with it I suppose.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 pm

ninianblue wrote:heard a few people today saying about norwich,,, and the amount of time they are now having for a rest before games, they played thursday, so have 4 days off, we have 2 days, etc etc? :roll:

Tbh I think it'll be a plus for us heading straight into a game on that great performance, hopefully they wont be downhearted by the draw.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:47 pm

We also played over 48 hours later than the rest of the league last weekend and had lesser time to recover for today, which was our ninth televised game of the season. Hate all this chopping and changing of kick off times and dates to suit TV, and it will get worse next year. Absolutely nothing wrong with 3pm on a Saturday afternoon for a game of football.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:49 pm

DWQPR wrote:We also played over 48 hours later than the rest of the league last weekend and had lesser time to recover for today, which was our ninth televised game of the season. Hate all this chopping and changing of kick off times and dates to suit TV, and it will get worse next year. Absolutely nothing wrong with 3pm on a Saturday afternoon for a game of football.

Spot on. They should just play the live games at that time as will. If people want to go they will, if they want to watch it on tv, they will.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:That's a good point actually & not very fair at this vital time of a season.

i will use that one , if we loose, :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 pm

ninianblue wrote:

i will use that one , if we loose, :lol:

Are you Dave Jones in disguiseeee are you Dave Jones in disguise!

:lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:08 pm

:lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:00 am

All games are determined at the start of the season, changing game times/dates at any time of the season to aid another teams recovery to match another would be unfair as its all randomly done at the start of the season. Would love to know what the price of Norwich getting automatic promotion this season was before a game was played this season.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 am

We only have two days rest and Norwich have Delia Smith so it all levels out.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:33 am

Last Thursdays game was not decided at the beginging of the season, tell me since when does anyone play on a Thursday night and also it was not on tv?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:45 am

Preston played an evening kick off, so it's not like we're playing a team who played earlier in the week, they'll be knackered too, except we#ll have quality unused subs to play, Preston will have to use their same team.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Norwich fan in Peace

When the fixture list came out, we were due to be playing 3pm Sat like everyone else. Norwich v Ipswich games have been played on Sundays with ko's between 11:00 & 12:30 for the last 10/15 years, to minimise the possibility of "trouble". However, because of the Monday games this weekend, that wasn't possible and the clubs moved it to a Friday lunchtime ko following consultation with Suffolk Constabulary

However, Suffolk Constabulary then calculated the cost of the overtime they would have to pay to get all officers working on a Bank Holiday, so moved the ko to Thursday evening (which allowed fans to drink all day before the game - something they are normally keen to avoid!)

In your position i wouldn't be best pleased about it either, but it was nothing to do with our club

Good luck (within reason!) for the rest of the season

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Would play every day on that money!!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 pm

it doesn't when they played and how much rest the players get. in 2 days the players will not forget how hard they have to push and work for this promotion push. maybe with 4 days off they would have gone a little lighter regarding the push. besides...if we seal second spot by the end of the season, we would have fully deserved it. lots of games tomorrow anyway so we can't complain. get behind the boys.!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:40 pm

:roll:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:44 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:Norwich fan in Peace

When the fixture list came out, we were due to be playing 3pm Sat like everyone else. Norwich v Ipswich games have been played on Sundays with ko's between 11:00 & 12:30 for the last 10/15 years, to minimise the possibility of "trouble". However, because of the Monday games this weekend, that wasn't possible and the clubs moved it to a Friday lunchtime ko following consultation with Suffolk Constabulary

However, Suffolk Constabulary then calculated the cost of the overtime they would have to pay to get all officers working on a Bank Holiday, so moved the ko to Thursday evening (which allowed fans to drink all day before the game - something they are normally keen to avoid!)

In your position i wouldn't be best pleased about it either, but it was nothing to do with our club

Good luck (within reason!) for the rest of the season

Thanks for clearing it up and welcome on board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: