Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just back and had time to ponder

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Well felt we blew it tbh. Should have finished them off in the first half. For the second half I thought Warnock would tighten up his defence by making a sub. Well he did manage to do that but without the sub. What makes a good manager I suppose.

Re: Just back and had time to ponder

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I think Cardiff came out second half as a different team, I wouldn't say it was managerial experience, but just mere coincidence.

I just think that the players were complacent with a 2-1 win and thought that they could hold it. Instead of the slick passing that I saw in the first half, we started making long balls down the pitch.

Re: Just back and had time to ponder

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Frantic wrote:I think Cardiff came out second half as a different team, I wouldn't say it was managerial experience, but just mere coincidence.

I just think that the players were complacent with a 2-1 win and thought that they could hold it. Instead of the slick passing that I saw in the first half, we started making long balls down the pitch.

Yes I noticed that. There was hardly any passing around midfield in the second half. When we had the ball in our own half we reverted to the lump up front assault. With Bothroyd having a good first half winning everything then it makes you wonder if that was the team talk at half time.