Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taarabt

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Excellent effort by City today but I'm very disappointed that we allowed their only real threat to score two goals. Everyone knows what he is capable of and we should have dealt with him better like Derby did last week.

Re: Taarabt

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I was thinking the same.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:47 pm

I thought you handled him well & pretty much stifled him but as you say the 2 goals were probably avoidable. Saying that we should of shut Jay down for the first not stood off him & Connolly was very poor dealing with the ball in for Bellamy's goal.

4 decent goals but if we're honest probably all avoidable.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Can't believe he wasn't man-marked. I watched the QPR v Derby game, and Savage had him covered all game - and QPR looked awful.

Why Jones didn't put a man on him I don't know. Utter stupidity.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I thought you handled him well & pretty much stifled him but as you say the 2 goals were probably avoidable. Saying that we should of shut Jay down for the first not stood off him & Connolly was very poor dealing with the ball in for Bellamy's goal.

4 decent goals but if we're honest probably all avoidable.

Can't argue with that

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Seems Stan that you want it both ways with this "avoidable" idea.
You said QPR were "unlucky" at the end (Helguson's miss), but wasn't that simply an avoided goal????
All avoidable goals? Duh, all goals are "avoidable". That's why we can have 0-0!
All these "avoidable" goals aside Cardiff dominated and deserved the win on that basis.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:04 pm

alexc wrote:Seems Stan that you want it both ways with this "avoidable" idea.
You said QPR were "unlucky" at the end (Helguson's miss), but wasn't that simply an avoided goal????
All avoidable goals? Duh, all goals are "avoidable". That's why we can have 0-0!
All these "avoidable" goals aside Cardiff dominated and deserved the win on that basis.

Think outside the box little man.

If a player is stood off & invited to shoot that is avoidable is it not?

If a player can't defend a run of the mill ball into the box that is avoidable no?

If a player just scores a good goal with no fault of a defender that's fair enough but in my OPINION all 4 goals were badly defended.

Mong

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Didnt I say all goals were avoidable?????

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:09 pm

alexc wrote:Didnt I say all goals were avoidable?????

Don't think you get the point.

Anyway drive yourself mad.

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:13 pm

I think I need a glass of what you're drinking :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Would have been a massive injustice if Helguson had scored near the end. Taarabt was well off-side when ball was played to him before he scuffed his shot/cross that Helguson nearly scored from. Couldn't believe there was no flag.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 pm

im sure the ball luckily fell for him after bouncing off our defender.. cracking game only shit because we needed to win :(

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 pm

EllBoy wrote:Would have been a massive injustice if Helguson had scored near the end. Taarabt was well off-side when ball was played to him before he scuffed his shot/cross that Helguson nearly scored from. Couldn't believe there was no flag.

Helguson was even more offside when the ball was played accross!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:33 pm

EllBoy wrote:Would have been a massive injustice if Helguson had scored near the end. Taarabt was well off-side when ball was played to him before he scuffed his shot/cross that Helguson nearly scored from. Couldn't believe there was no flag.

Totally agree mate.

Although we would of loved it justice was probably done. Couldn't believe a flag didn't go up myself.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:43 pm

A flag did go up tho ! not fo taarabt but fo helguson

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:13 pm

GarethGardner wrote:A flag did go up tho ! not fo taarabt but fo helguson

Oh really? So a goal scored wouldn't of been given anyway.

That's fair enough.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Well lets hope the FA grow a set a give them what cheating deserves and 20 point reduction ! Or 3 points per part they fail on , they are the best team in division , not today we were but still cheats if found guilty

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:23 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Well lets hope the FA grow a set a give them what cheating deserves and 20 point reduction ! Or 3 points per part they fail on , they are the best team in division , not today we were but still cheats if found guilty

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Kev McNaughton was on to him all game, and he was man marking him ,
Just have to take your hat off for TheRat he a very good player.
If you notice how well he left Super Kev for death on the second goal.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:00 pm

sparky.1927 wrote:Excellent effort by City today but I'm very disappointed that we allowed their only real threat to score two goals. Everyone knows what he is capable of and we should have dealt with him better like Derby did last week.

One consolation, we wo'nt have to play against him next season.