Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We've blown it.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Norwich's last 3 games are much easier than ours, we needed to win today. Looks like it'll be the play-off's for us. :(

Re: We've blown it.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Nonsense. Norwich will not win their 3 games.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:Norwich's last 3 games are much easier than ours, we needed to win today. Looks like it'll be the play-off's for us. :(

Relax, take it a match at a time.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 pm

PtB wrote:Nonsense. Norwich will not win their 3 games.

Perhaps not but I don't think we will either. One things for sure Norwich will be the bookies fav's now.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:

Perhaps not but I don't think we will either. One things for sure Norwich will be the bookies fav's now.

screw the bookies! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:49 pm

The bookies get it wrong at times.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 pm

If 2 of our last 3 games were Derby & Coventry at home and we were a point up we'd all be fully confident of promotion. Norwich's opponents are also playing for nothing where as we've got Preston & Burnley who will both fight for their lives.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:53 pm

How can an average 36 year old in Robbie Savage mark Tarrabt out of the game and yet we can't live with him. Jones has to take some stick for that, it didn't look like we had a man on him to deal with him.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:53 pm

how often do you see the title and promotion spots get took by the lower placed team on the last day of the season, its a nervy place to be on the last day of the season...

we beat preston and it's I feel it will be good enough, norwich will draw this weekend

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Derby have it form layely, beating Leeds and Swansea and drawing with Qpr, I think norwich will drop points to them on Monday, and after todays performance I believe we will win our remaining games ;) less of the negativity please?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Derby are woeful. I saw their game v Swansea and both teams were crap and Derby were lucky as hell. Leeds are rubbish away too. Derby are also awful away from home.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:How can an average 36 year old in Robbie Savage mark Tarrabt out of the game and yet we can't live with him. Jones has to take some stick for that, it didn't look like we had a man on him to deal with him.

Can't agree - he got one bit of space for the 2nd goal and finished. The first is a fluke and that apart he done f**k all.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

bluebird--rhys wrote:Derby have it form layely, beating Leeds and Swansea and drawing with Qpr, I think norwich will drop points to them on Monday, and after todays performance I believe we will win our remaining games ;) less of the negativity please?

Totally agree with everything you say :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Exactly

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Exactly

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Derby 1 up at Burnley too - they're not as bad as people are making out just now.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 pm

bluebird--rhys wrote:Derby have it form layely, beating Leeds and Swansea and drawing with Qpr, I think norwich will drop points to them on Monday, and after todays performance I believe we will win our remaining games ;) less of the negativity please?

Anyone can say what they like. I really hate seeing posts like the one above, which is basically saying you can have your say but others can't.

The reality is ATM the odds are against us going up automatically and dispite the best efforts of Quinn, Bellamy, Bothroyd we still have the old achillies heal we have had for the past 5 years; Dave Jones' decision making and that useless tw*t McPhail who insists on giving the ball away all the f*cking time.

That's what fills me with dread because when the chips are down, either of those 2 will f**k it up.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:43 pm

even if we won today, i would still say, theres still twists and turns to come, lets see norwich deal with a bit more pressure now :roll:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Ah well will cancel my flight now then and just book wembley - thanks for letting me know where we`ll end at end of season :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Anyone can say what they like. I really hate seeing posts like the one above, which is basically saying you can have your say but others can't.

The reality is ATM the odds are against us going up automatically and dispite the best efforts of Quinn, Bellamy, Bothroyd we still have the old achillies heal we have had for the past 5 years; Dave Jones' decision making and that useless tw*t McPhail who insists on giving the ball away all the f*cking time.

That's what fills me with dread because when the chips are down, either of those 2 will f**k it up.

So I'm not entitled to an opinion am i? Where in my post does it say anything about him having an opinion all I said is less of the negativity? I don't think the club needs it at the moment, we are still in a good position but still nobody is happy??

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

So I'm not entitled to an opinion am i? Where in my post does it say anything about him having an opinion all I said is less of the negativity? I don't think the club needs it at the moment, we are still in a good position but still nobody is happy??

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:35 pm

No way is this over, no way at all.

We are still in the hunt....big time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm

keep ther faith boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:26 pm

doesnt take long for the blame brigade to come out.I just watched a wonderful game wich ended as a draw we are not out of it yet this league has thrown up many quirkie results and will continue to do so until final games.How can you blame jones or mcphail whitts gave the ball away more times than him.when jones change tactics for the swansea game played man marking and lost today we played our own game and unfortunately drew i remain confident and as everyone likes to say thats my opinion

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 pm

the thing thats keeping me going, is the fact, we are playing some good football, and, if, it does come to the play offs we are the team to fear, and at this time dont fear anyone in this league, :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:How can an average 36 year old in Robbie Savage mark Tarrabt out of the game and yet we can't live with him. Jones has to take some stick for that, it didn't look like we had a man on him to deal with him.

Moron, completely different Taarabt turned up, he fancied it today, Savage got in his head and Derby defended 10 men behind the ball. We looked to win, hence leaving gaps for him to move in to. Did a good job on him unfortunate his two out of three strikes were pure quality.
City played well today and were unlucky, keep the faith.