Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Men of Harlech Lyrics ?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 am

There are so many versions of lyrics its unreal - I just googled it now and came up with four different ones! :o

So can some one actually post the ones we sing down the city?

Is it the words from the ZULU version that we sing..... sometimes I start singing it and there's an idiot behind me who comes out with complete different lyrics to me! :lol:

Re: Men of Harlech Lyrics ?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:43 am

Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming.
Can't you see their spear points gleaming?
See their warrior's pendants streaming
To this battlefield.

Men of Harlech, stand ye steady.
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready.
Stand and never yield.

Through the hills surrounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all to Cambria's call,
The mighty force surrounding.

Men of Harlech, on to glory!
This shall ever be your story.
Keep these fighting words before ye:
Cambria (Welshmen never) will not yield.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:43 am

Merlin wrote:Is it the words from the ZULU version that we sing..... sometimes I start singing it and there's an idiot behind me who comes out with complete different lyrics to me! :lol:

I wonder if there's someone in the ground thinking that he starts singing it and some idiot in front of him sings a completely different version :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:44 am

PS The Title is called "Men of Harlech (Stop Your Dreaming)" and is sung by the famous Ivor Emmanuel

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Is it the words from the ZULU version that we sing..... sometimes I start singing it and there's an idiot behind me who comes out with complete different lyrics to me! :lol:

I wonder if there's someone in the ground thinking that he starts singing it and some idiot in front of him sings a completely different version :lol: :lol:

:lol:

put it this way - I was more right than him as I pretty much sing that version there ^

god knows what hes spurting out then! I might print that off now and hand it to him? ;)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 am

This has been posted so many times, and still in the ground all they do is go lal a lalalalal.
Cos there too F--KING LAZY TO LEARN THE WORDS ! IF YOUR TEAM REALLY MEANS THAT MUCH TO YOU LEARN IT FOR F--K SAKE!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:52 am

welshcitydragon wrote:This has been posted so many times, and still in the ground all they do is go lal a lalalalal.
Cos there too F--KING LAZY TO LEARN THE WORDS ! IF YOUR TEAM REALLY MEANS THAT MUCH TO YOU LEARN IT FOR F--K SAKE!

The canton might be loud, but educationally - I think they are a little challenged! (likewise the Ninian!) :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:16 am

Merlin wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:This has been posted so many times, and still in the ground all they do is go lal a lalalalal.

The canton might be loud, but educationally - I think they are a little challenged! (likewise the Ninian!) :lol:

WEll the ravings of someone who indulges there self with the same influence has to look inward don't you Think ? ;)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 am

Merlin wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

put it this way - I was more right than him as I pretty much sing that version there ^

god knows what hes spurting out then! I might print that off now and hand it to him? ;)

Yeah, a good idea. And do it while pointing out the error of his ways :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:PS The Title is called "Men of Harlech (Stop Your Dreaming)" and is sung by the famous Ivor Emmanuel

Yer wel its no sung by the Cardiff fans is it ? cos they dont know,and wont lrean the fking words