Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES WELL THOUGHT OF

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 am

It was quite apparent from our meeting and SCOTT'S young Guns get together that DJ is well thought of and respected by the staff down the club.
Now this isn't about members of staff kiss arsing this is coming from people who I respect and have no need to suck up to the boss of the first team.

I have never been a big Dave Jones out advocate every time we lose a bit of direction, like many I have often questioned his tactics and approach, but isn't that the same as goes on with every fan at every club.

But I will deffo be giving him more credit for the things he's achieved down there and in all fairness the facts speak for themselves, he as ridden out a few storms from the very top level down and worked with a few charlatans but thank God we had a bit of stability from him during those mad times.

Yes he can come over as a moaner and he don't play the game with the media, but at the end of the day I would rather have someone who keeps us moving steadily forward and the facts show that is true, rather than a happy go lucky pleasant joke telling fans favourite who don't cut the mustard.

Mind you lose the next few and watch this view point change (who says football fans are fickle) :old:

Re: DAVE JONES WELL THOUGHT OF

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:25 am

how did it go last night mate????

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:31 am

Not just saying this but it was great, really relaxed but very informative and a good craic. Could have done with more numbers but we got to start somewhere and I'm sure all the ones that came went home feeling the better for it, I am passionate as others are about helping this scheme, it is an area where the smallest t support can help make a real difference and if we can't get behind a local legend like Scott Young, then who can we get behind. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 am

was a cracking night fairplay and an eye opener with some of the things scott and roger gibbins touched on,i think by the time you have another one your sure to get big numbers after the word of this one spreads,oh!thanks for the parachute :D :D

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:51 am

beaky wrote:was a cracking night fairplay and an eye opener with some of the things scott and roger gibbins touched on,i think by the time you have another one your sure to get big numbers after the word of this one spreads,oh!thanks for the parachute :D :D

Well said mate, I thought you handled being the third celebrity very well last night. ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 am

I really wished I could have gone last night, but Tonypandy is a bit far away epseically on Easter weekend. Glad to hear it went well though and the numbers will come as these things do take time to build up.

I really hope to make the next one wherever it is as my curisosity has definately been spiked.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:41 am

felt a right prick when they did that to be honest,but ay all good fun and a good night. :ayatollah: