Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones Top Drawer Manager!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:39 pm

A glowing Endorsment for Dave Jones as a top manager and praise for what he has done for Cardiff City in the community. From two ex-players at Morgans Bar, Tonypandy tonight. Preaching to the converted as far as I was concerned at a personal level. For the haters an interesting insight if you had you heard it!

Re: Dave Jones Top Drawer Manager!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Im not going to engage in a debate of DJs merits as a manager at this time of the season as its the wrong time but he is far from perfect and not all ex City players feel the same but if he does take us up automatically then who cares!!! We are in the premier league despite everything! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:30 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Im not going to engage in a debate of DJs merits as a manager at this time of the season as its the wrong time but he is far from perfect and not all ex City players feel the same but if he does take us up automatically then who cares!!! We are in the premier league despite everything! :ayatollah:

Overall, Dave Jones has been a huge SUCCESS for Cardiff City Football Club whether we get promoted or not!!

I can't understand ANYONE who says otherwise after the 4 or 5 seasons we've had under him....regardless of whether we took the final step or not!!

YES, he has faults like everyone else BUT my personal fear (apart from a night trapped in a lift with Daya :lol: ) is that we'll only learn how good Dave Jones is when he is NOT our manager and the next guy doesn't deliver....

To me, it's a sobering thought....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:16 am

One loss and everyone will change there mind again Lads :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Im not going to engage in a debate of DJs merits as a manager at this time of the season as its the wrong time but he is far from perfect and not all ex City players feel the same but if he does take us up automatically then who cares!!! We are in the premier league despite everything! :ayatollah:

Overall, Dave Jones has been a huge SUCCESS for Cardiff City Football Club whether we get promoted or not!!

I can't understand ANYONE who says otherwise after the 4 or 5 seasons we've had under him....regardless of whether we took the final step or not!!

YES, he has faults like everyone else BUT my personal fear (apart from a night trapped in a lift with Daya :lol: ) is that we'll only learn how good Dave Jones is when he is NOT our manager and the next guy doesn't deliver....

To me, it's a sobering thought....!!

I agree that Jones isn't a bad manager and has been a success but I honestly think he went stale this year and has made some dreadful decisions that have cost us points! However , due to injuries he has finally stumbled onto a winning formula. I'm backing him all the way but let's see where we end up before we start praising him as he has proven to be far from perfect this year!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:47 am

Nuclearblue wrote:One loss and everyone will change there mind again Lads :lol:

Your right there Nukes :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Anyone else noticed how 'positive' posts like these get fewer responses??

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Anyone else noticed how 'positive' posts like these get fewer responses??

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

we're brits we like to moan :D :ayatollah: