Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Playstation Network Down

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:47 pm

what a time to go down easter weekend :evil:

Re: Playstation Network Down

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Been like it for a few days apparantly mate and could be for a few days to come,hackers apparantly :twisted:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 pm

so annoying its just not the same playing offline :evil:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Im gutted its been down for 2 days now no fifa online for me :evil:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Just have to read a book instead :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm

just have to leave the house enjoy the weather :lol: i played fifa offline earlier my players trying to break into the barca team :P

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Gutted. Been dying to play Portal 2 co-op, but it's been down. Pain in the ass.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Dirt 2 for me :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 pm

there were a few new releases this weekend , really bad time for this to happen :evil:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm

i wondered why i couldnt sign in yesterday.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm

been a hard time for us :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Been like it for a few days apparantly mate and could be for a few days to come,hackers apparantly :twisted:

The hacker group know as "Anonymous" were blamed but they've denied any involvement. I kind of believe them because they normally claim responsibility very quickly, and if they were responsible for something as big as this then I'm sure they'd want the notoriety for the scalp.
Anonymous claim that Sony are planning on launching a premium pay for service that guarantees no downtime and eventually move away from the now free network service. They reckon that this little "stunt" of purposely taking their servers off-line will convince people to hand over their hard earned cash for such a service.
I don't know if that is true but one thing is for certain, Sony are taking a very very long time to restore the service, far longer than anyone would expect.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Ah i see,yeh its a pain in the arse mate

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Been like it for a few days apparantly mate and could be for a few days to come,hackers apparantly :twisted:

The hacker group know as "Anonymous" were blamed but they've denied any involvement. I kind of believe them because they normally claim responsibility very quickly, and if they were responsible for something as big as this then I'm sure they'd want the notoriety for the scalp.
Anonymous claim that Sony are planning on launching a premium pay for service that guarantees no downtime and eventually move away from the now free network service. They reckon that this little "stunt" of purposely taking their servers off-line will convince people to hand over their hard earned cash for such a service.
I don't know if that is true but one thing is for certain, Sony are taking a very very long time to restore the service, far longer than anyone would expect.

cheers for that they must be losing millions , im sure people would of been tempted to purchase from the ps store over the weekend.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Ah i see,yeh its a pain in the arse mate

On the other hand though they may well have been to blame. They've taken a hell of a beating on Facebook from pissed off gamers. Maybe they did bring the network down with DDoS attacks but when people turned on them they denied it because they realise they were looking bad.
It all stems from the guy who hacked the PS3 OS so to allow pirate copies to play. Sony got heavy on him, which eventually ended in an out of court settlement. Anonymous though threatened then to exact their revenge on Sony.
So who knows.