Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Clothing Feedback

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi all,

Last month, I posted this message:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39280

Now I'm in a position where this time next week - the website will be up and I'll be starting to sell my Cardiff City T-Shirts. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Its an exciting for me, but at the same time I'm a little nervous as I've put alot of time money and thought into this - particularly the designs which have all come from the heart and my love for Cardiff City.

I've only posted a few of my designs so far, but I've added another one below and would like some feedback on it if possible. :D

The T shirt itself is of a high quality organic cotton with a stylish fit. They are of a similar quality to Armani Jeans T-Shirt farbrics.

All I'd like to know is, would you pay £15-£17 for a decent quality T-Shirt with this design on it?

I really really really appreciate your feedback on this, thanks a lot guys. All my other designs are of a similar style and nature.

Thanks a lot

Chris

Re: Cardiff Clothing Feedback

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Quality mate and reasonably priced! I'll be buying one! Is there a phil stant one planned?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Excellent.
Good luck fella.
I will be your first customer!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 pm

ill get one :ayatollah:

can you get one customly designed?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Any plans for one with the classic Robin Friday pose on it?

if you do a Sam Hammam one you'll get a load of sales off his acolytes on here :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:01 pm

looks great £15 is very reasonable and i would happily purchase 1 as am a city fan living in kent i never miss the opportunity to show off city clothing so looking forward to seeing what other delights you have nice 1

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I love the design of the one you put on here and would happily buy one :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Quality mate and reasonably priced! I'll be buying one! Is there a phil stant one planned?

Cheers mate appreciate that.

Definately going to do a Phil Stant one, he is one of my favourite all time players.

The initial 10 designs include Bellamy, Nathan Blake and Kavanagh - but in the second wave I plan to do another 3 city legends - definately including Phil Stant. I loved the fact that he played with so much heart and would rather die on the pitch than lose!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Do you know that a 'casual' brand already uses the name 12th man?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ill get one :ayatollah:

Cheers mate.

Reason why its taken so long to get off the ground - is because I've bought all my own equipment to make them. I did this because I wanted to produce really high quality clothes and knew I wouldn't be happy with anything that was produced for me from companies that didnt understand us as fans.

So I can do custom designs. All the designs I put together myself, if you have any ideas for designs - I would love to hear them. :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

Thanks a lot mate

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm

nice i like the simplicity and the bright colours,i'll get one

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Any plans for one with the classic Robin Friday pose on it?

if you do a Sam Hammam one you'll get a load of sales off his acolytes on here :lol:

Definately going to do a Robin Friday T Shirt using his infamous 2 finger pose.

It won't be in the first set of designs. But 100% will use the iconic image somehow. If you have any ideas for how you'd like it to look, just let me know. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers mate.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

kent blue wrote:looks great £15 is very reasonable and i would happily purchase 1 as am a city fan living in kent i never miss the opportunity to show off city clothing so looking forward to seeing what other delights you have nice 1

Cheers mate got a few different styles. Hope you like them, website is almost finished now. :D :ayatollah: :D

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:51 pm

murphy wrote:I love the design of the one you put on here and would happily buy one :ayatollah:

Thanks alot mate, not long now before they will be available. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Hatters wrote:Do you know that a 'casual' brand already uses the name 12th man?

Hi Hatters,

I became aware of them after the wheels were in motion mate. At the moment, this is a small local idea I am running with and hopefully doesn't threaten anyone.

The brands, styles and what they represent are completely different and even though they use the 12th man name - they aren't really football related in any way. their website talks more about representing italian fashion culture.

I sent them an email a while back asking them how they felt about about my website and they didn't respond. If they have a problem with it, I can easily just change the brand and logo's but whilst most people have not heard of them and their clothes are not widely available - I'll stick with the logo and website for the time being.

Really appreciate the headsup mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:58 pm

dropebluebird wrote:nice i like the simplicity and the bright colours,i'll get one

Cheers mate, I live near Culverhouse Cross too - so you will have to pop around and pick one out. :ayatollah: ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

This is good stuff and a definite gap in the market. I like the Ninian design so put me down for one and also for a Robin Friday/"V" sign. Also, I'd like to see something using the colourway of the purple/yellow 70's strip as the colours just look the mutts nuts. I'll look out for your web launch but I'm not far from Culver either. Email me when their available and I'd definitely use Paypal as the defacto payment option on your webstore as it's risk free to your customer. Good luck with it!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:This is good stuff and a definite gap in the market. I like the Ninian design so put me down for one and also for a Robin Friday/"V" sign. Also, I'd like to see something using the colourway of the purple/yellow 70's strip as the colours just look the mutts nuts. I'll look out for your web launch but I'm not far from Culver either. Email me when their available and I'd definitely use Paypal as the defacto payment option on your webstore as it's risk free to your customer. Good luck with it!

That is an amazing idea mate! I've been looking for opportunities to have different colour T-Shirts and I think this would look superb! PM me your address and size and when they're made I'll definately be sending you a free one mate! Will probably look to do them in the second wave!

Paypal is also accepted as a payment method mate. :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:56 pm

12th Man is big in certain circle mate. Just think it would be better to change it now rather than later. Nothing worse than if you have to rebrand after you've released a couple of shirts.

Anyway, good luck with it all.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:09 pm

12thMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ill get one :ayatollah:

Cheers mate.

Reason why its taken so long to get off the ground - is because I've bought all my own equipment to make them. I did this because I wanted to produce really high quality clothes and knew I wouldn't be happy with anything that was produced for me from companies that didnt understand us as fans.

So I can do custom designs. All the designs I put together myself, if you have any ideas for designs - I would love to hear them. :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

Thanks a lot mate

ye when my brain cells decide to turn on ill let you know :lol:

cheers and good luck :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Really like this shirt mate looks like its good quality

any chance in the 1910-2009 above the stadium?

Certainly would buy one either with or without.

Best of luck

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm

12thMan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:This is good stuff and a definite gap in the market. I like the Ninian design so put me down for one and also for a Robin Friday/"V" sign. Also, I'd like to see something using the colourway of the purple/yellow 70's strip as the colours just look the mutts nuts. I'll look out for your web launch but I'm not far from Culver either. Email me when their available and I'd definitely use Paypal as the defacto payment option on your webstore as it's risk free to your customer. Good luck with it!

That is an amazing idea mate! I've been looking for opportunities to have different colour T-Shirts and I think this would look superb! PM me your address and size and when they're made I'll definately be sending you a free one mate! Will probably look to do them in the second wave!

Paypal is also accepted as a payment method mate. :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah:

You are a gent sir! I also thought the inclusion of a very discreet logo, similar to the "tag" on the right side sleeve of bathing ape (when it was a hard-to-find exclusive label back in 1998 from Hit'N'Run) T's was a nice touch. Will pm you too. Good Leeds/Reading result. C'mon City! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm

A really nice designed Tshirt I`ll definately be buying one. Do you have any designs for a Phil Dwyer one? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I think you will have a lot of good suggestions as you grow your business. Just thought of a cracker though - large square side view of a Forest Hills trainer (or similar) in a vintage city strip colourway (B/Y/W or Purple/Yellow) and replacing the Adidas logo on the side of the sole with CCFC and replacing the Adidas logo to the right with a Bluebird . I'd buy it!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Hatters wrote:Do you know that a 'casual' brand already uses the name 12th man?

there is and the most recent collection is his their best yet.....lovely tees, polos and sweats and reasonably priced too

that said, best of luck to the Cardiff 12th Man.....best you check out copyright laws all the same mate

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 am

Alright 12th man, firstly well done on setting up your own buisness mate, I was wondering if the t shirts are tight fitting or loose fitting, don't worry you can expect a purchase from me wheatever the answer haha but also I don't suppose theirs any plans for a superkev one is there, cheers mate and good luck, all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 am

Great designs there mate.

Any long term City fan in their late 20's/early 30's will no doubt be a massive Phil Stant fan. A cult hero - the 90's equivalent of Robin Friday. You dont get too many war heros playing these days!

Bump his stencil up te queue - it will be a best seller!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 am

like this shirt mate and the earlier ones from your post last month will defo have to buy a couple.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:01 pm

ccfcsam25 wrote:Really like this shirt mate looks like its good quality

any chance in the 1910-2009 above the stadium?

Certainly would buy one either with or without.

Best of luck

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for the feedback mate. Really good idea.

I've added the dates to the board which shows the next fixture. :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:03 pm

LACOSTE 1967 wrote:A really nice designed Tshirt I`ll definately be buying one. Do you have any designs for a Phil Dwyer one? :ayatollah:

I'd love to do a Phil Dwyer one, only problem is - I can;t find a decent action shot of him to work from.

I normally find images and work off them to create the designs - but its really hard to find a decent one of him.

Watch this space though mate. ;)