Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A POSITIVE HISTORICAL FACT.....

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 am

Just been reading the Cardiff City Chronology 1920-86 by John Crooks (Great book by the way) and the last time we were promoted to the top flight in the 59-60 season with 4 games to go we had to play Aston Villa who were the run away leaders of the division (i.e. QPR this season). The Bluebirds ran out 1-0 winners and helped them cement their position in second place in the league that year. That year our top scorer was Derek Tapscott an ex Arsenal player (i.e. Jay Bothroyd). The winning goal that day was scored by Graham Moore a Welsh born Inetrnational who also played for the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd (i.e. Bellamy)

This WILL be our year boys, I can feel it!! Keep the faith!! 1-0 win to City on Saturday a certain Mr Bellamy to score the winner!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A POSITIVE HISTORICAL FACT.....

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 am

There we go, it's in the bag :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There we go, it's in the bag :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its a done deal....they might as well give us second place now ;) :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am

Dange wrote:Just been reading the Cardiff City Chronology 1920-86 by John Crooks (Great book by the way) and the last time we were promoted to the top flight in the 59-60 season with 4 games to go we had to play Aston Villa who were the run away leaders of the division (i.e. QPR this season). The Bluebirds ran out 1-0 winners and helped them cement their position in second place in the league that year. That year our top scorer was Derek Tapscott an ex Arsenal player (i.e. Jay Bothroyd). The winning goal that day was scored by Graham Moore a Welsh born Inetrnational who also played for the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd (i.e. Bellamy)

This WILL be our year boys, I can feel it!! Keep the faith!! 1-0 win to City on Saturday a certain Mr Bellamy to score the winner!

Thanks for that great post mate, it,s really given me a big boost of happiness :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Dange wrote:Just been reading the Cardiff City Chronology 1920-86 by John Crooks (Great book by the way) and the last time we were promoted to the top flight in the 59-60 season with 4 games to go we had to play Aston Villa who were the run away leaders of the division (i.e. QPR this season). The Bluebirds ran out 1-0 winners and helped them cement their position in second place in the league that year. That year our top scorer was Derek Tapscott an ex Arsenal player (i.e. Jay Bothroyd). The winning goal that day was scored by Graham Moore a Welsh born Inetrnational who also played for the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd (i.e. Bellamy)

That 1-0 win v Villa was a great game, by all accounts [my father & great grandfather were there] & the City played in white?????
By the way, any one know where i can buy a copy of John Crooks book?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:03 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

That 1-0 win v Villa was a great game, by all accounts [my father & great grandfather were there] & the City played in white?????

Try this link to amazon Rick...only 2 available so hurry, its a great read!! :ayatollah:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cardiff-City-Chronology-1920-86-Crooks/dp/0951198408

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Dange wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Try this link to amazon Rick...only 2 available so hurry, its a great read!! :ayatollah:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cardiff-City-Chronology-1920-86-Crooks/dp/0951198408

Only 1 now! :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm

quick Rick there's a race on! :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Dange wrote:quick Rick there's a race on! :lol:

There are others available at these sites http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Searc ... Chronology & http://www.sportspages.com/football/foo ... 864?search, but when I saw the prices, I thought I'm going to Amazon! :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Cheers guys, have ordered one. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Sorted we are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: