Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY IN TROUBLE

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 am

ccfcdor wrote:I will probably get slated for this....HOWEVER.. i am concerned after tonights result at Portman Road...I think Norwich will win their 3 remaining games (quite easy games against teams we have done the double on this season)....

I think we will win 3 out of our remaining 4 games....we will draw against QPR Saturday. Our team will play with passion and desire HOWEVER i think a draw is on the cards because QPR will also be playing with the same mind set so come saturday night we will be 3rd with 3 games to go....I feel then it will be too late....

It breaks my heart to think this way, makes me sick really, but when was the last time you seen Cardiff city win 8 games in a row??? Of 10 years following Cardiff i have NEVER seen that happen...We always fall under pressure....and Norwich are a strong outfit and have won the games we thought they would drop points in..

Just put it this way...Either win our last 4 games or its championship football again next season...

There is only 1 team who is going to get promoted through the play offs and thats Reading Football Club...

Your views please?

i personally think we'll beat QPR tomorrow...
BUT
youre right, i cant see us winning 8 games in a row, i just cant
ok Reading have done it now but how often do teams do it really, especially in a division as competitive as this

its the 2 away games i worry about, Preston are still fighting for their lives and have to win their game against us, we could really do with them losing this weekend to be honest so theyre less up for our game

and Burnley away, is the real one that worries me, if it comes down to having to win the last game of the season to go up then i can see it being another Sheffield Wednesday from a few years back, it pains me to say it

BUT i do think that Reading and Norwich will still drop points too, no game is a given in this league and i actually think that Reading will lose to Leeds tonight for some reason!

So, i still think were in the driving seat, and despite having the most difficult fixtures then I still think were in the strongest position, BUT THE 2 AWAY GAMES AGAINST PRESTON AND BURNLEY ARE KEY FOR ME.

COME ON CITY!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

We should still be targeting the top slot and sneaking the title.

If we beat QPR saturday, which we are capable of, and they have a mini slip up and we don't its still possible. We should chase what's above not worry about those below.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 am

Going up staying down I've got my season ticket for next year and I have always thought of promotion as a bonus.

That said it's worth giving it everything over the last 4 games, you just never know :D

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 am

Too many doom and gloom merchants , try thinking positive !

We will go up , everyone stop saying what if - pissing me off :twisted:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 pm

look we are the strongest team going for second place IMO. we all got to get behind the boys but if it it not meant to be...then we will do the business in the play offs. we all should be proud of what we have achieved already. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:39 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I will probably get slated for this....HOWEVER.. i am concerned after tonights result at Portman Road...I think Norwich will win their 3 remaining games (quite easy games against teams we have done the double on this season)....

I think we will win 3 out of our remaining 4 games....we will draw against QPR Saturday. Our team will play with passion and desire HOWEVER i think a draw is on the cards because QPR will also be playing with the same mind set so come saturday night we will be 3rd with 3 games to go....I feel then it will be too late....

It breaks my heart to think this way, makes me sick really, but when was the last time you seen Cardiff city win 8 games in a row??? Of 10 years following Cardiff i have NEVER seen that happen...We always fall under pressure....and Norwich are a strong outfit and have won the games we thought they would drop points in..

Just put it this way...Either win our last 4 games or its championship football again next season...

There is only 1 team who is going to get promoted through the play offs and thats Reading Football Club...

Your views please?

That concern is your mindtalk and insecurity.

There is no reason we can't win our last 4 games and there is nothing to say Norwich and Reading will win all their last games.

Be positive, you have to believe it will happen or we're beaten before we get on the pitch.

Too much of this feeling was in the air at Wembley in the final.

Positivity and confidence is EVERYTHING in life. Its the difference between success and failure on every level.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:46 pm

fratton park is a tough place to go, derby earned a well deserved point at QPR monday, and coventry have hit a little bit of form lately, anything can happen in norwich's last 3 games,

our fate is still in our hands, so lets forget about norwich and reading, and concentrate on being the 12th man getting behind our team, :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:20 pm

We will win all our remaining games, have faith :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm

should change your username to billy nomates after a post like that lol...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Personally i think Norwich will drop points against their next 3 rivals. I think they will do well to come away with a draw at Pompey, Derby will hold them at their place and Coventry could quite easily take them as they are hitting form with Marlon King scoring a few goal s lately.

If Leeds can hold Reading and burst their bubble tonight then the ball will be in our court again.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:32 pm

ccfcninian wrote:I wish some people would stop being so negative on this board we're in a good position, our team is hitting form at the right time, we've got one of the best big game players in the country (Bellamy) who will be doing everything he possibly can to get the rest of our boys up for this just think if we :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: beat QPR tomorrow we'll only be 5 points behind them with 3 games left lets get down there Saturday and get behind the team 100% and put this negativity behind us "STAND UP AND SUPPORT THE BOYS" up

This is exactly what we need, city have broken all our hearts at one time or another but let's be positive for once. We've got one of the best teams we've ever had, a great manager and a stadium and facilities to match. We CAN beat QPR and we CAN go up! Let's be positive! We're going up as f*cking champions! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: