Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY IN TROUBLE

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:20 pm

I will probably get slated for this....HOWEVER.. i am concerned after tonights result at Portman Road...I think Norwich will win their 3 remaining games (quite easy games against teams we have done the double on this season)....

I think we will win 3 out of our remaining 4 games....we will draw against QPR Saturday. Our team will play with passion and desire HOWEVER i think a draw is on the cards because QPR will also be playing with the same mind set so come saturday night we will be 3rd with 3 games to go....I feel then it will be too late....

It breaks my heart to think this way, makes me sick really, but when was the last time you seen Cardiff city win 8 games in a row??? Of 10 years following Cardiff i have NEVER seen that happen...We always fall under pressure....and Norwich are a strong outfit and have won the games we thought they would drop points in..

Just put it this way...Either win our last 4 games or its championship football again next season...

There is only 1 team who is going to get promoted through the play offs and thats Reading Football Club...

Your views please?

Re: CARDIFF CITY IN TROUBLE

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:22 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I will probably get slated for this....HOWEVER.. i am concerned after tonights result at Portman Road...I think Norwich will win their 3 remaining games (quite easy games against teams we have done the double on this season)....

I think we will win 3 out of our remaining 4 games....we will draw against QPR Saturday. Our team will play with passion and desire HOWEVER i think a draw is on the cards because QPR will also be playing with the same mind set so come saturday night we will be 3rd with 3 games to go....I feel then it will be too late....

It breaks my heart to think this way, makes me sick really, but when was the last time you seen Cardiff city win 8 games in a row??? Of 10 years following Cardiff i have NEVER seen that happen...We always fall under pressure....and Norwich are a strong outfit and have won the games we thought they would drop points in..

Just put it this way...Either win our last 4 games or its championship football again next season...

There is only 1 team who is going to get promoted through the play offs and thats Reading Football Club...

Your views please?

qpr for me is to see if the boys really are handling the pressure, and i like it when we're in the position we are in now, when we are just behind 2nd needing a win...they boys always do it. To me we are handling pressure very good, ie recent results.

KTF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

We will win our 4 remaining games, which will make what Norwich and Reading do irrelivant :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

blue nile wrote:We will win our 4 remaining games, which will make what Norwich and Reading do irrelivant :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 pm

:ayatollah:

wish i felt your optimism fella...but even our manager dave jones thinks its a tall order...if we do ill be SHOCKED...

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

You're a depressing git, as you're concerned every time we've got a game coming up! :roll:

Try posting something positive for once!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Cant help it fella...cardiff have let me down too often for me to be optimisitc..just sounds too good to be true....i want this more than anything but after last season theres always someone there to take it away from us

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 pm

you say norwich got easy games, not in this league,,,, to be honest, i think we will beat qpr,, but the preston game for me, will bring us all down to earth again, i can see us beating borough at home, then its all on the final game,,, i still think theres more twists and turns to come?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 pm

ccfcdor wrote:Cant help it fella...cardiff have let me down too often for me to be optimisitc..just sounds too good to be true....i want this more than anything but after last season theres always someone there to take it away from us

IMO I love this feeling, sounds stupid I know, but it makes supporting a club such as Cardiff City more exciting than supporting the likes of Man Utd, Chavski, Barca etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 pm

anything can happen. you just never know with this league. i actually think we will draw against preston but win against qpr burnley and boro :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
ccfcdor wrote:Cant help it fella...cardiff have let me down too often for me to be optimisitc..just sounds too good to be true....i want this more than anything but after last season theres always someone there to take it away from us

IMO I love this feeling, sounds stupid I know, but it makes supporting a club such as Cardiff City more exciting than supporting the likes of Man Utd, Chavski, Barca etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree,every game we play theres pressure and/or bragging rights and im just as excited going to doncaster away as i would chelsea away,id love to see us do it though of course i would :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 pm

the fella in your avatar is on a mission mate we can do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I will probably get slated for this....HOWEVER.. i am concerned after tonights result at Portman Road...I think Norwich will win their 3 remaining games (quite easy games against teams we have done the double on this season)....

Your views please?

I think quite a few people think it but no one wants to hear it better to stay positive mate.
We always play better when we are chasing teams so tonights result may actually suit us.

Im nervously excited about saturdays game i know we have had big games this season but this is the mother of all big games. Bellamy will be the key to our success as he knows exactly how big the game is and how we should go about things. His experience is second to none.

4 more games 4 more wins and we are there try and stay positive :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

the fella in your avatar is on a mission mate we can do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:43 am

Hey, not so negative!! (Not slating you, mind....)

This result (Ipswich v Norwich) can help focus the minds of all our players. They now know they MUST win to keep promotion in their own hands, so they must be positive and go for the QPR jugular!!

Should be a momentous game at the CCS and my only concern is that our fans don't get on the players backs if we're not 3-0 up in 10 minutes....

Keep the faith and sing your hearts out....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:07 am

Its sad to say this but we lost the automatic promotion back in november :( We should have never been to this scenario! The amount of points we've lost against lower teams this season is shocking!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 am

Anarch0 wrote:Its sad to say this but we lost the automatic promotion back in november :( We should have never been to this scenario! The amount of points we've lost against lower teams this season is shocking!

were still in a great position and its in our hands, bring on QPR :) :)

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 am

I wish some people would stop being so negative on this board we're in a good position, our team is hitting form at the right time, we've got one of the best big game players in the country (Bellamy) who will be doing everything he possibly can to get the rest of our boys up for this just think if we :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: beat QPR tomorrow we'll only be 5 points behind them with 3 games left lets get down there Saturday and get behind the team 100% and put this negativity behind us "STAND UP AND SUPPORT THE BOYS" up

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 am

We will all four games and we will go up, believe and succeed, our success is in our own hands and has nothing to do with Norwich :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 am

Us, Norwich and Reading will all drop a couple of points each. Its goimg to go right to the wire.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:We will all four games and we will go up, believe and succeed, our success is in our own hands and has nothing to do with Norwich :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's more like it :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am

Your views please?

i feel the same way to be honest.
norwich will be on a huge high and have even more confidence than they already had after last nights result and performance.
our 4 remaining games could be much more difficult than norwich. qpr will be a hard game, a few shaky results lately but they have a very strong defence and plenty of quality attacking players, but our team can more than match any other in this league.
preston away will be another tough 1 as you all know the teams fighting to stay up are always hard games.
boro home, they still have some good players there but i think we will beat them at home.
burnley away. are burnley going to be the other team that are going on an end of season run, only time will tell, 2-1 against swansea albeit a home goal and a penalty, 3 nil against boro and burnley got some very good attacking players.

but. its still in our hands and with a good run lately lets hope we can carry on until the end.
4 wins from the prem but there is still alot of hard work to be done.
keep the faith, come on city we can do this
bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 am

Your views please?

Whilst i agree with your sentiments about cardiff always letting us down ( for me since 1966) we have never had a player with the passion and drive that craig bellamy has driving us toward the finishing line.
I believe that whenever we hit a sticky moment over the next four games we for the first time ever have a captain/player who can turn the game on its head in minutes.
bellamys influence on the manager and the squad of players is so strong that every single player will be giving 100% for 90 minutes.
And if the worst should come to the worst no one will fancy having us in the playoffs including reading.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 am

Don't let this negativity drag you down!! - the Bluebirds are going up!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:50 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:Don't let this negativity drag you down!! - the Bluebirds are going up!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

4 games, 4 wins, 12pts, and 100% effort away from the premier league - f**k everyone elses results! Lets do it ourselves, for us!

:D

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am

the blues are going up the blues are going up and now your gona believe us the blues are going up! as nervous as i am ive got a strong sense that were gona achieve what some people think is impossible and win the next 4 games its still in our hands and i see a hunger throughout the team and i dont think ther gona let automatic promotion slip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:01 am

Your views please?

Nothing has changed for me because if we win our remaining 4 games we are promoted I know it's a simple thing to say easier than actually winning the games but after we beat QPR tomorrow there will be doom and gloom merchants all over the Norwich messageboards.

Whatever the final outcome of the 46 games one thing is certain we WILL have accumulated the most points in a season at this level in 50 years and that should tell us how well we are placed, I say this because QPR have their date with destiny during the first week of May and if they are found guilty there will be a points deduction - How many? time will tell. For that reason I still think both promotion places are up for grabs so we should concentrate on staying as close as possible to QPR.

Thats what makes tomorrows game so interesting as QPR will be looking to put the maximum number of points on the board but if we beat them that will leave us and Norwich within 6 points and that will not be enough for them with a possible points deduction hanging over them.

Still loads to play for and the only thing that changed last night is that promotion issues are unlikely to be settled over this weekend, if anything they are certain to go down to the final weekend now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:04 am

A load of us thought Ipswich would do a job tonight and Norwich would stumble. We were wrong. A lot of us are now thinking Norwich will win all three of their last games... who is to say we won't be wrong again? It is still in our hands. f**k everything else. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 am

Your views please?

If we win tomorrow will you change your opinion?

I think we should all be feeling VERY confident with the way things are at the moment.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 am

We're still in the driving seat, our fate is in our hands. 4 wins we're up regardless of the results of any other team. The pressure is really on Reading now though, 5 points behind Norwich, they can't afford to drop any points and their amazing run needs to continue for them to stay in contention.

I must admit though Norwich are showing real bottle and pushing for the Prem, we must match them all the way, but our last few games are all difficult, 3 against teams that still have something to play for unlike Norwich, Reading's only real hard game is against Leeds and they conceed goals like water through a sieve, I can see this game being full of goals, 4-3, 5-4 or something like that.

All in all I think it's gonna be a bridge too far for us and I am taking into consideration "The Bellamy Factor", his motivational skills are second to none and he'll have the boys chomping at the bit for tomorrow's game but any result other than a win and we can kiss goodbye to promotion IMO, Norwich ain't gonna surrender 2nd spot with 3 games remaining, let's hope our boys are prepared to scrap for every point for 90 mins or more, the rewards are massive. :ayatollah: