Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how hot do you like your curries?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:34 pm

ive just taken the step up from the madras, love my curries, but the madras, dont seem that hot anymore, so i am having a vindaloo tomorrow night,

Re: how hot do you like your curries?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:36 pm

I love curry but I'm a lightweight, no hotter than Masala for me! :oops: :oops:

I just can't taste anything when my gobs on fire!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:40 pm

curry is 1 of my fav. meals usually have a madras but do occasionally like to try different 1's yet to have 1 that has been to hot that i couldn't eat it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
going out 2morrow night might even try the jalfrezzi if thats how its spelt. nothing better than a curry and a pint.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I used to go for heat, but I found the hotter the curry, the less taste it had.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm

ive just become bored with the madras, i used to think it was hot, but i need a change now, hope i aint biting off more than i can chew, could be a big step up, :roll:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 pm

I'll bring down my home made chilli oil to Preston and give u a go bud!

See how us Scots lads take our curry - apart from that poof PtB - Korma is too hot for him!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:40 pm

I can cope with a vindaloo, but I tried a Phall once, never again, couldn't taste feck all after the first couple of mouthfuls, drank a jug of water straight down, it was red hot and the Japanese flag was flying for most of the next day.
I now enjoy the spices more these days with something like a Biryani, Jalfrezi or a Bhoona, but it is still nice to have a Vindaloo blow out now and again. :old: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 pm

When my parents order a indian i always have a Madras, really nice but very hot from the place they order from, thought it was a f*cking vindaloo when i tried it the first time. :lol:

Might try a vindaloo next time, wish me luck. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I like a vindaloo but cant get a good sleep after it. Good at the time but keep waking up for a drink. Room doesn't smell too good in the morning either. :D

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:43 am

If its a takeaway, I'll have a vindaloo but if its a sit down meal like I quite like a pathia. Don't mind a phall every now n then but wouldn't want one all the time. :o :oops:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:32 am

I prefer the medium spicy ones, no hotter than Madras. Every month i get a curry recipie, along with the spice's from;
http://www.thespicery.com/ Have had some cracking curries from them.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 am

balti,thats enough :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:25 am

Dhansak,Jalfrezi or Dopiaza for me. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Vindaloo, only if it's a take away though. Problem with most curry houses is that you are never sure how hot the dish is going to be if you have never been there before.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I love curry but I'm a lightweight, no hotter than Masala for me! :oops: :oops:

I just can't taste anything when my gobs on fire!

Pussy :lol: you are like my mum and dad all they have is a korma :oops: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Jalfrezi, Dhansak and Madras are as hot as I can go.......then again Gout and Ulcers show that years of Alcohol and Curry abuse arent exactly good for the system! :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm

I like em so hot my bottle looks like a japanese flag the next morning :shock:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Dange wrote:Jalfrezi, Dhansak and Madras are as hot as I can go.......then again Gout and Ulcers show that years of Alcohol and Curry abuse arent exactly good for the system! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 pm

anything hotter than a madras and its to hot to enjoy :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm

On a plate Chief :lol: but i like nearly all of them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: