Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man mark Taarabt????

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

What does everyone reckon? Should we try to man mark Taarabt, who is clearly massive for QPR. Or do we back ourselves to have the quality to win the game playing to our strengths? As the home team in form I can see the sense in playing our own game but I'm concerned about the space we always leave infront of the back 4.The Morrocan could be like a pig in shit if we do that! So for me I'd send Oli out with strict instructions to keep Taarabt quiet, hopefully he'll get as frustrated as he did on Monday night when Savage did a number on him!

What do you lot think? :ayatollah:

Re: Man mark Taarabt????

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Play to our strengths.

We changes our formation at home against the Jack bum boys and look what happened.

Also while Taarabt looks the bollox at Loftus road, he does not look the same player away from home.

Stan may disagree with this, but I think he is a homer and that is why no Prem Clubs came in for him in the transfer window.

Routledge will be their main man to watch.

Re: Man mark Taarabt????

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Magners wrote:
Stan may disagree with this, but I think he is a homer and that is why no Prem Clubs came in for him in the transfer window

Actually agree with you Magners. Has done ok away from home but nothing like his performances at Loftus Rd.

But saying that, we of course all know he has the ability to turn a game on a sixpence. Will be an interesting & intriguing battle I will say.