Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR rumour

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Certain bookmakers have started suspending bets on the winners of the championship

Word is QPR are getting hit with a monumental points deduction. If the bookies are running for cover, somebody somewhere knows what's happening and they're probably laying several large bets on the chasing pack

Re: QPR rumour

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Hmmm, I can't see it. I reckon the bookies are just covering their behinds. Probably suspended bets because they're going to go up.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 pm

I am in work later.....WILLIAM HILL in Barry so i will find out for you :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Casual wrote:I am in work later.....WILLIAM HILL in Barry so i will find out for you :ayatollah:

My god this could be bigger than a Carl Update, what time will you know LOL :D :D

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Start at 4pm so anytime after that, probably nothing in it mind

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Nothing has been taken of the internet mate

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Zabier wrote:Hmmm, I can't see it. I reckon the bookies are just covering their behinds. Probably suspended bets because they're going to go up.

I like these type of rumours though. Gives me hope that these upitty cockney cannts will get their just desserts

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 pm

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Casual wrote:Nothing has been taken of the internet mate

Several private bookies have, hopefully it'll filter through to the big players. Ask Annis to put 500,000 on City. They'll soon change their minds ;-)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Sure it will be a case of nailed on champions rather that a points deduction!! The Fa wont have the cahonas to take points of them at this stage of the season, it would open a huge can of worms!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 pm

easternblue wrote:Sure it will be a case of nailed on champions rather that a points deduction!! The Fa wont have the cahonas to take points of them at this stage of the season, it would open a huge can of worms!

What happens if they only deduct a few points, say 5. Will we then see 3rd place claiming compensation like Sheff Utd did before I wonder

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Casual wrote:I am in work later.....WILLIAM HILL in Barry so i will find out for you :ayatollah:

that aint the one by the premier is it?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Can’t see how the bookies would be running for cover myself.

If they had word of a massive point’s deduction they would quite happily carry on offering the paltry odds that they have on offer at the moment.

However if they had heard that no points deduction was forthcoming then they might choose to suspend betting on the” to be promoted market”, as offering odds on QPR to be promoted would be like giving money away as far they are concerned.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

if they knew anything , they would def keep it to themselves, and can decline any bets at any time if they so wish without giving any reason why . i once tried to get only £20 win and £20 double on 2 of my greyhounds at william hills in st mary street the manager said he would only except £5 wins and£5 double had to get the rest on in other branches (both won 3to1 and 9to2)they always know what they are doing(bastards) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 pm

More clutching at straws outrageous rumours.

1 win and we are promoted to the Premier League that's all I have to say on this discussion.

:lol:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:More clutching at straws outrageous rumours.

1 win and we are promoted to the Premier League that's all I have to say on this discussion.

stan you could easily lose your next 2 ;) twitchy arse then fella :D
PS you will lose the first one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:34 pm

papa wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:More clutching at straws outrageous rumours.

stan you could easily lose your next 2 ;) twitchy arse then fella :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the thought is enough to bring on a trip to the kazi ! :x

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm

The Fa are not going to deduct them any points.

Anyway QPR are top by merit and deserve to go up as the most consistent team in the league.

I just prey we beat them on Saturday and go on to earn promotion ourselves rather than hoping the league help us out.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:59 pm

easternblue wrote:Sure it will be a case of nailed on champions rather that a points deduction!! The Fa wont have the cahonas to take points of them at this stage of the season, it would open a huge can of worms!

This.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:30 pm

QPR still 1.13 on Betfair - Always a good barometer.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm

mrbluejay wrote:QPR still 1.13 on Betfair - Always a good barometer.

Spot on mrbluejay - Sharp Minds on there ;)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Hull at 16/1 on SKY Bet to get promoted, that's worth a f*cking bet given their form!