Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Cardiff join the English FA and cut ties with the FAW ?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Should Cardiff join the English FA ?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:36 am

With the talk about the re-introduction for Cardiff into the Welsh Cup again and the possible legalities etc then maybe its about time that Cardiff indeed left the FAW and joined the English FA ............ I remember Ridsdale speaking at The Brunswick about this matter and in a way it makes sense . But then would it open the doors to the likes of Celtic and Rangers or indeed ANY other team in Europe who can a special case be taken coz Cardiff have always played in the English leagues ?? Hmmm interesting 1 this :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Re: Should Cardiff join the English FA ?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 am

No, I think we should stay put. I think that there are as many reasons for staying where we are than leaving and I also think the biggest threat to our independence could come from a British national side, no matter what FIFA says. It will be interesting to see what the new guy's stance on this is, should he get elected over Blatter

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:52 am

We need to be careful because in a worst case scenario what if the FA kicked us out and said we couldn't be a part of their system due to being Welsh and then the FAW don't want us because we left them? Stay as we are I reckon until someone says we have to make a choice.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:53 am

Nottage Blue wrote:No, I think we should stay put. I think that there are as many reasons for staying where we are than leaving and I also think the biggest threat to our independence could come from a British national side, no matter what FIFA says. It will be interesting to see what the new guy's stance on this is, should he get elected over Blatter

You are mixing what is good for the city with what is good for the Welsh team. Apart from where we play, we are basically an English club. Us leaving will not affect the independence of the dinosaurs at the FAW as they have their own leagues to represent.

We were a team invited into the English pyramid and have been there for years, it would not open the door for Scottish clubs.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 am

I would welcome back the European nights. Can you imagine us playing DEN HAAG away :D :D

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 am

Vintage 63 wrote:With the talk about the re-introduction for Cardiff into the Welsh Cup again and the possible legalities etc then maybe its about time that Cardiff indeed left the FAW and joined the English FA ............ I remember Ridsdale speaking at The Brunswick about this matter and in a way it makes sense . But then would it open the doors to the likes of Celtic and Rangers or indeed ANY other team in Europe who can a special case be taken coz Cardiff have always played in the English leagues ?? Hmmm interesting 1 this :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

We must remember that both the Football League and the Premier League are competitions which are open to clubs from both England & Wales. This right is included in the constitution of both the PL & FL and this right has been ratified and accepted by both UEFA & FIFA so there is absolutely no chance of the FA EVER throwing any of the exile clubs out.

The FAW effectively cut us loose in 1995 when it created it's own mickey mouse league and now when they realise that is a complete and utter failure as it has not and never will hit the levels required to effectively represent Welsh Football.

When the FAW decided to ban us from the Welsh Cup in 1995 they should have allowed us to affiliate to the FA they wouldn't because in reality the exile clubs gives football in this country a semblence or respectability. F**K the FAW i say let them sit and oversee their mickey mouse League and enjoy watching any Uefa competitions in June each year when the product of their mickey mouse league get knocked out by a Latvian pub team.

Our future is ahead of us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:29 am

Surely tho it makes sense that Cardiff should for any disciplinaty matters and suspensions etc come under the same umbrella as our English counterparts and NOT the old farts at the FAW ? Remember the Darren Purse fiasco prior to the FA Cup Final in 2008 :lol:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:12 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Surely tho it makes sense that Cardiff should for any disciplinaty matters and suspensions etc come under the same umbrella as our English counterparts and NOT the old farts at the FAW ? Remember the Darren Purse fiasco prior to the FA Cup Final in 2008 :lol:

Couldnt agree more with you , we should be under the English FA and be treated the same way as they treat all english clubs.. Welsh Fa .. want there cake and eat it ,, ban us from europe but want to govern us,, they can F**k off as far as I am concerned.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:15 am

Yes