Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

can i have my title changed from platinum ambassador

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:51 am

to something a little more special,now that over 18000 have the same title as me i now feel im not special anymore,so maybe can i now have a title that makes me feel better than the newbies,how about we have a gold seat :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Re: can i have my title changed from platinum ambassador

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:55 am

i thought platinum is what you have when you been a few seasons in a row

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:04 am

what about the famous 500 or so who have renewed since 1999 ? We deserve some sort of medal :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:19 am

next season is my 24th year in a row ccfc & cardiff devils

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:18 pm

ABSOLUTELY AGREE.... :ayatollah:

Those of us who were part of that 'elite' group (and remember we went along way THAT year to helping save the club after the Kumar years :roll: ) were PROMISED a status never seen before at our beloved club. For two seasons at least, that promise was sort of kept and the original 'Ambassadors' were given priority on home cup games and all away games....plus a little CCFC Ambassadors Badge and/or Key Ring!! :lol:

But once the club latched on to the scheme's success (mainly under PR but partly under Sam) and ther desperation for money grew, the Ambassador system was diluted to such an extent that in FA Cup Final year we had somewhere around 16,000 Ambassadors.....and the 'originals' had NO ADDITIONAL BENEFITS to the bandwagon jumpers :x

As ever, I'll probably be slated for daring to speak my mind, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that leaves me with a certain mistrust of the motives of the club and their appreciation of those fans that put their money where their mouths were WHEN IT MATTERED MOST (and they didn't come much more desperate than 1999/2000) :oops:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:ABSOLUTELY AGREE.... :ayatollah:

Those of us who were part of that 'elite' group (and remember we went along way THAT year to helping save the club after the Kumar years :roll: ) were PROMISED a status never seen before at our beloved club. For two seasons at least, that promise was sort of kept and the original 'Ambassadors' were given priority on home cup games and all away games....plus a little CCFC Ambassadors Badge and/or Key Ring!! :lol:

But once the club latched on to the scheme's success (mainly under PR but partly under Sam) and ther desperation for money grew, the Ambassador system was diluted to such an extent that in FA Cup Final year we had somewhere around 16,000 Ambassadors.....and the 'originals' had NO ADDITIONAL BENEFITS to the bandwagon jumpers :x

As ever, I'll probably be slated for daring to speak my mind, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that leaves me with a certain mistrust of the motives of the club and their appreciation of those fans that put their money where their mouths were WHEN IT MATTERED MOST (and they didn't come much more desperate than 1999/2000) :oops:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ambos got 2 tickets for the FA Cup Final and 3 for the semi.

But still thousands of supposed fans from that era appeared and moaned that they should get tickets before Ambos on the back of being fans 'years ago'

To me that is the direct opposite to being a 'Plastic' or 'Glory Hunter' who are slaughtered for having bought their season tickets only in recent seasons.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:30 pm

krab, were not special anymore, those premier seat guys are higher than us platinum card holders,,,, in they? :roll:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I got a platinum/ambassador key ring a couple of years back lol. Wasn't a bandwagon jumper just lived too far away (London) for it to be feasable until then.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 pm

ninianblue wrote:krab, were not special anymore, those premier seat guys are higher than us platinum card holders,,,, in they? :roll:

ut not as high as you,my plane driving friend :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 am

I thought last years ambassadors' names were going to be put in the stadium when we moved in :? :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 am

spar wrote:next season is my 24th year in a row ccfc & cardiff devils

What days/times do the devils play on?