Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I FEEL THIS WOULD BE A FANTASTIC IDEA FOR EURO ROUTE...

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:50 pm

currently we play in both the league cup and the F.A cup , HOWEVER ...if we were to re enter as a welsh representative this is how it could work.

ourselvess and swansea dont play in the league cup and instead play in the welsh tournament but we still play in the f.a cup along with potentially wrexham, newport and colwyn and merther.

it would be a fair rule and obviously the same as for example if liverpool were to win the league cup and finish 6th, the runners up would get the place. as to if cardiff city won the welsh cup and (ambitious I know) took the english route the runners up would then get the english place ...

agree / disagree :ayatollah:

Re: I FEEL THIS WOULD BE A FANTASTIC IDEA FOR EURO ROUTE...

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:currently we play in both the league cup and the F.A cup , HOWEVER ...if we were to re enter as a welsh representative this is how it could work.

ourselvess and swansea dont play in the league cup and instead play in the welsh tournament but we still play in the f.a cup along with potentially wrexham, newport and colwyn and merther.

it would be a fair rule and obviously the same as for example if liverpool were to win the league cup and finish 6th, the runners up would get the place. as to if cardiff city won the welsh cup and (ambitious I know) took the english route the runners up would then get the english place ...

agree / disagree :ayatollah:

Oh shut up...let's just get promoted :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Not possible.

We play in the English league and therefore play in the English League Cup. Unless you want to give-up our League place.

If we give up anything it would be the FA Cup as we are affiliated to the Welsh FA so could play in the Welsh FA Cup.

Anyway tell em to stick it. We have our route let's not try and bypass this and gain an advantage unavailable to our peers.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

lets just play QPR :ayatollah:

besides we could still win the f.a cup from this division... as we all almost witnessed