Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY + WELSH CUP + EUROPE "

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:15 am

Wayne S wrote:No, no, no, no.

We cannot keep playing both sides against the middle. We put our lot in with the English league. Our route to Europe is via the top 7 of the premiership or the English League and FA Cups.

No way should we then ALSO take an easier route that is not available to our main rivals, it would be a travesty.

We already get a sickening benefit from the weak way in which the FAW treat us with fines and suspensions, let's not make it worse.

Do not trust the FAW, do not let FAW ride on ours and swansea's coat tails.

End of rant.

Spot on. I'm a proud proud Welshman. I'm proud we have our own
FA. But Cardiff Citys hopes and aspirations all now lie in the top tier
Of the English FAs pyramid system. We argued to be allowed to
Represent the English FA in the event of us beating Pompey in the
Final, we even won the argument (wrongly in my eyes) Resentment
Would continue to grow from English rivals seeing Cardiff City get
Extra TV revenue etc from Europe, and they'd be right! If we are to
Become a respected well thought of Premiership Club then we need
To become a member of the English FA. Its their league and we cannot
Continue to use a different 'judiciary' to dish out fines and punishments
For infractions when we break English rules. With City in the Premiership
We could end up becoming quite a wealthy Club. Imagine the scenario
Further down the line with City needing points to stay up, but up in front
Of the WELSH FA on an issue that could cost us points and see us relegated.
Would the FAW want to see its 'flagship club' drop a division... There would
Be uproar if they found on our side!!!!

I have loved my Euro jaunts with the City, but would no longer get the same
Buzz if we get there by beating Llanfairwollabadongy Rovers in the Welsh
Cup Final.... Let's join the English FA. Let's do a Bolton an get there on merit

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Maesteg bluebirds wrote:I for one would not want to be a part of the FA, although we play in the English system, we are a Welsh club and should remain so.
Historicly we have been under the umbrella of the FA of Wales, like them or not, we are Welsh and not English, what do you do next scrap Wales and become a part of Ingerland? not in a million years, let the status Quo remain and if we can get back into Europe through the Welsh cup, happy days, I am one that was there for both games against Real Madrid, and the many others that we played, they were all special games and I would love to see them return, but would not sell my soul for a few more Pounds.

So basically, what you're saying as a patriot is we should always remain under the FAW, as incompetent as they are.

And should the PL pass the rule you need to be a member of the FA to play in it - which UEFA wouldn't see as being unreasonable, also factoring in the PL is a closed shop and can theoretically refuse entry to anyone -I assume your thought process would be the FL would be more than happy to continue having a team close to the top who could never promote?

Still, I'm sure you'd be amongst the twenty or so fans for away games at Rhyl when we end up in the WPL.

And of course you ignore the fact pedantically Wales is a principality... forget the WAG...

But it's ok. Should all that happen, we'd play Real Madrid. Because of course Spains coefficient is so really bad their sides have to play pre-qualifiers, see. We'd lose all our players of course, we'd fall down to the WPL level rather than raise it., But still, we'd be in Europe, see. Playing some obscure Lativan side away at big expense, with a home attendace of about 500 in the 27k CCS. Which we'd rent from PMG due to having money with the Malaysians disappearing... that would actually be a big atttendance for us, so we'd have to move the game from Pontcanna Fields.

Assuming that worst case doesn't actually happen, it's quite frankly a stupid claim to make that getting to play pre-qualifiers for the Europa Leagye is somehow a big thing for fans. If people want to play in the Welsh Cup, with us being Welsh, then it's hypocritical to argue we should remain in the FL / PL should we make it. You can't have your cake and eat it, you can't pick and choose which Welsh competitions we play in, regardless of getting a hardon at the prospect of getting drunk in Riga. Where you'd no doubt pass out on the vodka and wake up wondering why you appear to be lacking a kidney...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 am

Don't bother, They haven't wanted to know for ages. Especially if it jeopardises our status for qualification in any of the english routes. Plus we would have to play c 10 f*cking pointless games at various different villages around wales. waste of time.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Wayne S wrote:No, no, no, no.

We cannot keep playing both sides against the middle. We put our lot in with the English league. Our route to Europe is via the top 7 of the premiership or the English League and FA Cups.

No way should we then ALSO take an easier route that is not available to our main rivals, it would be a travesty.

We already get a sickening benefit from the weak way in which the FAW treat us with fines and suspensions, let's not make it worse.

Do not trust the FAW, do not let FAW ride on ours and swansea's coat tails.

End of rant.

Spot on fella

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:15 am

I know it's an extreme scenario, but what happens if we win the Welsh cup and qualify for the Champions league through the English league as well? there's no way we could be in both competitions at the same time?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:30 pm

I JUST WANT TO GO TO EUROPE AGAIN WITH CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Just out of curiosity if Cardiff City were in the future to win the Premiership would they qualify for the CL?

Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

Now we are not going to the Prem, would we now take it we will except the Welsh FAs invitation ? :D

Thu May 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I JUST WANT TO GO TO EUROPE AGAIN WITH CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exploit any option available. Don't care what the FA members or anyone else have to say, if it's legal and they can't stop us then we'd be mad not to go for it.

As long as it's beneficial to the club and can't affect our aspirations then hell yeah, get in there.