Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE ? "

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 pm

" DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE " that WE NEVER WENT UP LAST YEAR UNDER THE RIDDLER ?

I for one Def think so.

Re: " DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE "

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:09 pm

No, but I think it's a blessing in disguise Chopra's out ( and I'm a big fan of his ).

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

stan106 wrote:No, but I think it's a blessing in disguise Chopra's out ( and I'm a big fan of his ).

Why on the first one and I agree on the 2nd and I am a fan of Chops as well, but off the field this season he has been an Embarrassment to himself, which then shows no commitment to Our Club.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

stan106 wrote:No, but I think it's a blessing in disguise Chopra's out ( and I'm a big fan of his ).

A very good point. I was about to say the same. To be honest, I don't want to think about what would have happened if Ridsdale had stayed but we can't change the past and I am pleased to be where we are now. :ayatollah:

Re: " DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE ? "

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE " that WE NEVER WENT UP LAST YEAR UNDER THE RIDDLER ?

I for one Def think so.

No I don't and the reason is after his Golden Ticket scam the man was finished at the club so other than building up his ego us getting promoted last season would have made no difference to him.

However I think given the mess he left the club in it was a blessing that we never went up as preparing the club for a championship campaign whilst under transfer embargos, winding up orders etc was hard enough but for a PL campaign may well have been impossible. Also I think that our creditors would have been kicking the door down for their money once it was confirmed we were a PL club and that would have heaped more pressure on the Malaysians.

He may be gone but it will take longer than one year to clear up the mess Ridsdale left behind but I think the club has gone a long way towards doing that and we are far better placed to make the step up this season.

My mother always told me God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform and I think we should look back at last years disappointment in that way.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" DO YOU ALL THINK IT WAS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE " that WE NEVER WENT UP LAST YEAR UNDER THE RIDDLER ?

I for one Def think so.

No I don't and the reason is after his Golden Ticket scam the man was finished at the club so other than building up his ego us getting promoted last season would have made no difference to him.

However I think given the mess he left the club in it was a blessing that we never went up as preparing the club for a championship campaign whilst under transfer embargos, winding up orders etc was hard enough but for a PL campaign may well have been impossible. Also I think that our creditors would have been kicking the door down for their money once it was confirmed we were a PL club and that would have heaped more pressure on the Malaysians.

He may be gone but it will take longer than one year to clear up the mess Ridsdale left behind but I think the club has gone a long way towards doing that and we are far better placed to make the step up this season.

My mother always told me God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform and I think we should look back at last years disappointment in that way.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good Post as usual Castleblue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 pm

I for one Def think so.

Sorry, but no....

I can still feel the hurt and emptiness as I was one of the last to leave Wembley and the Men in Orange were (rightly) crying with joy and singing their hearts out....

Wasn't a good feeling (worse than the FA Cup Final) and it took a long time to get over it....

I'll be suicidal if we have to go through it all again....and what if there were a repeat....??

Anyway, it's gone now....let's move on and DO IT THE EASY WAY BY WINNING OUR LAST FOUR GAMES SO NO-ONE CAN STOP US!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: