Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' " 17,800 " AND RISING ' A NEW CLUB RECORD

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY and WERE NOT EVEN PROMOTED YET.

THIS IS THE YEAR WHEN THE SLEEPING GIANT FINALLY WAKES UP.

' " 17,800 " AND RISING ' A NEW CLUB RECORD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

17,800 SEASON TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD SO FAR,FOR NEXT SEASON and THE FIGURE IS RISING EVERY HOUR.

On one of the days WE SOLD 800 SEASON TICKETS IN ONE DAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are prepared to sell up to 22,000 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think that the figure is a tremendous achievement in the current economic climate.

That`s why I thought all the recent doommongering about the club being "desperate" to sell tickets was a nonsense.

Over 18,000 by close of business tomorrow , then all the rest if (I should say when) we are promoted and they go back on sale as soon as the club knows what division we will be playing in next season.I reckon w may get 20,000 season ticket holders even if we don`t go up.

Keith

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Excellent news.
First time the malasyians have had season ticket money to use. Hopefully they can now start shaping the club.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm

THE DREAM IS BECOMING REALITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' " 17,800 " AND RISING '

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Sven,

I wish I could afford a season ticket but I simply can't. Laughing out loud at people in that situation is a bit harsh mate!

Just remember there are some of us that love Cardiff City just as much as you but aren't fortunate enough to be able to buy season tickets.

:ayatollah:

I apologise sincerely to you (and anyone else in a similar position)

I realise I often appear to be harsh on this site....but (I hope) I counter that with some decent comment occasionally, as I love this site and I love Cardiff City Football Club, its suporters (on the whole) and I love what it has brought to my life!!

My point is simple....there are too many prepared to 'bash' the Bluebirds over the head with their OTT expectations only to jump back on the bandwagon when it looks like it MIGHT happen. It is THOSE that my comments were aimed at....

With respect to yourself I don't believe you are one of those, as it is obvious you would buy if you could and are not one of those 'Gold Rushers' outside the gates in 'time added on'....

Again, I apologise profusely in the knowledge that my comments were aimed at those who dithered and now want 'in'

Was the credit option no good to you, mate??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:24 am

@Sven

I have just renewed my season ticket, I bought my first one for this season and I've really enjoyed having one, prior to this I probably watching half a dozen games a season.

So I guess that makes me one of the new breed of supporters, one of the 18000. A plastic? A glory hunter? A premier league fan?
No I'm a Cardiff City fan, and I intend to renew my season ticket for the forseeable future, I've got the bug that will keep me and most of the 'new breed' of city fans at the CCS for a long time.
I don't think I or people buying season tickets now should be slated or laughed at for having an increased interest in the club due to their recent success.

The club needs to keep attracting new fans to move forward surely?

Just my opinion.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:35 am

Gavlar wrote:@Sven

I have just renewed my season ticket, I bought my first one for this season and I've really enjoyed having one, prior to this I probably watching half a dozen games a season.

So I guess that makes me one of the new breed of supporters, one of the 18000. A plastic? A glory hunter? A premier league fan?
No I'm a Cardiff City fan, and I intend to renew my season ticket for the forseeable future, I've got the bug that will keep me and most of the 'new breed' of city fans at the CCS for a long time.
I don't think I or people buying season tickets now should be slated or laughed at for having an increased interest in the club due to their recent success.

Just my opinion.
excellent post, i really cant get my head around the word ''plastic'' if you go to a game you are deemed to be a ''football fan'' city need all the support it can get and tbh its fantastic to see 18000 st holders for next year :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Gavlar wrote:@Sven

Just my opinion.
excellent post, i really cant get my head around the word ''plastic'' if you go to a game you are deemed to be a ''football fan'' city need all the support it can get and tbh its fantastic to see 18000 st holders for next year :ayatollah:

agree with you there baz
no such thing as a plastic just new fans who have caught the bug.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 am

Buying a ST isnt a plastic, IMO far from it.
I know people who just went to Wembley and the odd big name....now thats plastic