Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' " 17,800 " AND RISING ' A NEW CLUB RECORD

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 am

CARDIFF CITY and WERE NOT EVEN PROMOTED YET.

THIS IS THE YEAR WHEN THE SLEEPING GIANT FINALLY WAKES UP.

' " 17,800 " AND RISING ' A NEW CLUB RECORD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

17,800 SEASON TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD SO FAR,FOR NEXT SEASON and THE FIGURE IS RISING EVERY HOUR.

On one of the days WE SOLD 800 SEASON TICKETS IN ONE DAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are prepared to sell up to 22,000 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' " 17,800 " AND RISING '

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 am

When we bt Qpr sat season ticket sales will go mad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 am

That's excellent Annis, is there still plans to increase the capacity of CCS, when were in the Prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 am

Great news. Do you think we will actually sell 22,000 though? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:32 am

Are they still on sale? I thought the deadline was 18 April.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 am

deadline extended until tomorrow the 21st :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:
Last edited by Martyn1963 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Are they still on sale? I thought the deadline was 18 April.

Changed to tomorrow! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am

Cheers I didn't know that :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Cheers I didn't know that :D

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 68,00.html :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

From FACEBOOK

Chris Smith, Ross Welch and 2 others like this.

Dai Jones
In a way its prettys sad only so many coz they think we going up,fickle buggers mind lol
3 hours ago · Like

Josh Cuggy what isit dai? home attendance of plastic fans
3 hours ago · Like
Dai Jones Lol,same with the jacks ini you was only getting around 13,000 to 14,000 now your selling out lol
3 hours ago · Like
Josh Cuggy i know mate, go all these assholes coming out from f*cking no where, and their the one booing the team after a bad performance, and if we dont go up this year, watch our attendances drop like a brick, cant see you lot slipping up, hope it goes well for you!
3 hours ago · Like
Dai Jones Don't go there with boo boys lol,I think dj is a legend again with us lol,yeah and u fella
3 hours ago · Like

Josh Cuggy one of the boys got battered by police at one o the games a few weeks back for flooring this bloke slaggin the players off hahahaa
2 hours ago · Like

Nathaniel Freeman i'm sure there's a johnny cash song there somewhere
2 hours ago · Like

Ross Welch That brill, but if we don't go up(I think we will) are they just gonna pick and chose matches?
2 hours ago · Like

Lewis Jones i honestly don't think it will be as bad as this season, i think the majority of season ticket holders will turn out every game next season!
58 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin Agree there i cant get season ticket due to work i will go when possible all these fans have crawled out of woodwork cuz the city doin well same as the cup final if we do go up ul the majority of the fans down there will prob b utd or liverpool fans i know a few people who hace got season tickets theyve never been to a city game !
5 minutes ago · Like

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 am

asjaber wrote:When we bt Qpr sat season ticket sales will go mad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Erm, NO, it'll be TOO LATE by then (season ticket sales end this Thursday evening) and I for one will LAUGH LOUDLY at all those who WISH they'd bought when they could....!!

Sorry, but it's how I feel....people are either COMMITTED to the Bluebirds in ANY division or they are not!!

How many EMPTY seats per game should we not make it this year?? I dread to think (of either scenario)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Sven,

I wish I could afford a season ticket but I simply can't. Laughing out loud at people in that situation is a bit harsh mate!

Just remember there are some of us that love Cardiff City just as much as you but aren't fortunate enough to be able to buy season tickets.

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

With Cardiff in the Prem League you will find that the Family Stand will be full every game unlike this season despite the ST sales there ?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY and WERE NOT EVEN PROMOTED YET.

' " 17,800 " AND RISING '

17,800 SEASON TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD SO FAR,FOR NEXT SEASON and THE FIGURE IS RISING EVERY HOUR.

I look at us, as very similar to Stoke in size and fan base, they have 21,500 season ticket holders, which was a club record last season for them, and they have frozen prices, in the hope that they will achieve this again. So if we could make 22k without even being guaranteed Premiership football, then that is impressive. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY and WERE NOT EVEN PROMOTED YET.

' " 17,800 " AND RISING '

I look at us, as very similar to Stoke in size and fan base, they have 21,500 season ticket holders, which was a club record last season for them, and they have frozen prices, in the hope that they will achieve this again. So if we could make 22k without even being guaranteed Premiership football, then that is impressive. :ayatollah:

I Agree, Be Fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:08 pm

I wish I could get a Season Ticket, but simply can't afford it - even with the pay monthly options - have to pay £15 train fare as it is for every home game.

However, whether we go up or not - I will be at as many games as possible next season. Have made many this season, and it's the best i've seen of a Cardiff City side.

I'd like to see the club try this next season:

Every home game, whoever gets 1st spot in the 50-50 draw gets entered into a draw to win a FREE season ticket for the next season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' " 17,800 " AND RISING ' A NEW CLUB RECORD

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:09 pm

new club record??!?!?!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:new club record??!?!?!

WE'VE NEVER EVER SOLD THAT MANY SEASON TICKETS BEFORE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I wish I could get a Season Ticket, but simply can't afford it - even with the pay monthly options - have to pay £15 train fare as it is for every home game.

However, whether we go up or not - I will be at as many games as possible next season. Have made many this season, and it's the best i've seen of a Cardiff City side.

I'd like to see the club try this next season:

Every home game, whoever gets 1st spot in the 50-50 draw gets entered into a draw to win a FREE season ticket for the next season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:new club record??!?!?!

WE'VE NEVER EVER SOLD THAT MANY SEASON TICKETS BEFORE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

IIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOVE PLAASSSTIIICS :lol:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I only buy my 50/50 tickets when there's a 24,000 + crowd expected :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Absolutley terrific! Hopfully we can get a better atmosphere next season :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:35 pm

AlexBennett wrote:Absolutley terrific! Hopfully we can get a better atmosphere next season :ayatollah:

depends if the plastics are willing to stand and sing :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
asjaber wrote:When we bt Qpr sat season ticket sales will go mad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Erm, NO, it'll be TOO LATE by then (season ticket sales end this Thursday evening) and I for one will LAUGH LOUDLY at all those who WISH they'd bought when they could....!!

Sorry, but it's how I feel....people are either COMMITTED to the Bluebirds in ANY division or they are not!!

How many EMPTY seats per game should we not make it this year?? I dread to think (of either scenario)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not being funny but your comments are well out of order. I have followed CCFC since the 80s (season tickets during the Durban Years). I've been in exile since 89 yet in that time have been a season ticket holder. I have 4 kids, 2 of whom are mad keen CCFC fans. I cannot afford to get a season ticket. Is it funny that i wont be able to get seats if we make the prem league?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Not being funny but your comments are well out of order. I have followed CCFC since the 80s (season tickets during the Durban Years). I've been in exile since 89 yet in that time have been a season ticket holder. I have 4 kids, 2 of whom are mad keen CCFC fans. I cannot afford to get a season ticket. Is it funny that i wont be able to get seats if we make the prem league?

Gareth, I Def dont think Sven aimed that at you and Supporters like yourself, I for one can Vouch how Good/loyal fan you are and even if we had 3 relegations, I know you and your sons will be always there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:With Cardiff in the Prem League you will find that the Family Stand will be full every game unlike this season despite the ST sales there ?

the canton stand is worse for empty seats. im in the family stand and people need to understand that some games young season ticket holders cant attend due to school the next day etc

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Great news and I am glad such positivity has come at this time when we need to keep the high morale going. I don't care if we're Premiership, Championshop or Beazer Homes League (are they still doing that???)... it's all about the match experience.

I feel sorry for those who decide to base their season ticket purchase on whether we make the Premiership or not because they will never experience the sheer volume of emotion at every success and failure that we do. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Zabier wrote:Great news and I am glad such positivity has come at this time when we need to keep the high morale going. I don't care if we're Premiership, Championshop or Beazer Homes League (are they still doing that???)... it's all about the match experience.

I feel sorry for those who decide to base their season ticket purchase on whether we make the Premiership or not because they will never experience the sheer volume of emotion at every success and failure that we do. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Beazer Homes league is now the Zamaretto League

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Zabier wrote:Great news and I am glad such positivity has come at this time when we need to keep the high morale going. I don't care if we're Premiership, Championshop or Beazer Homes League (are they still doing that???)... it's all about the match experience.

Beazer Homes league is now the Zamaretto League

A rivalry with Merthyr!!! Even better! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

the price freeze ends thursday , but, the season tickets will be back on sale at a later date without the price freeze