Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Promotion bonus

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:01 am

Will the players get a promotion bonus?

I have heard of stories that some chairmen offer bonus if they get promoted. If I remember rightly it has worked in the past.

I personally don't agree with this as the reward of playing in the prem should be enough and it's there job!!

Will our players and dj get a big bonus?

Re: Promotion bonus

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Will the players get a promotion bonus?

I have heard of stories that some chairmen offer bonus if they get promoted. If I remember rightly it has worked in the past.

I personally don't agree with this as the reward of playing in the prem should be enough and it's there job!!

I suspect all our players are on a promotion bonus. The very fact we had Ridsdale at the club giving out contracts would have seen to that. :oops: :oops:

Not sure if true, but I'm sure I read that DJ was on a £1m bonus? :shock:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 am

Uncle Fester wrote:

I suspect all our players are on a promotion bonus. The very fact we had Ridsdale at the club giving out contracts would have seen to that. :oops: :oops:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MONEY HAS RUINED FOOTBALL

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am

Interesting post. Blackpool last season offerred a £5m player pool bonus for promotion which was over and above the individual bonuses due from playing contracts, but unfortunatley this lead a dispute between the club and Charlie Adam who still wanted payment of a small non-relegation bonus contained within his contract (Adam was eventually paid the bonus)

I am pretty sure there is no player pool bonus on offer (although I stand to be corrected) but almost certainly there are individual bonuses within player contracts.

Personally I have nothing against incentives.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 am

Without shadow of doubt all players will be on some kind of promotion bonus....

But the REAL bonus will be the promotion itself, as I believe the vast majority will remain with the mighty Bluebirds for next season.

DJ always says he's brought in players who can make the step....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:52 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MONEY HAS RUINED FOOTBALL

Ive no issue with rewarding success rewarding failure is my bone of contention