Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pitch invasions?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Any good stories on invading the pitch? Home or away!

Can't ever recall it being done at ninian by any away fans! Maybe there was before my time?

One that sticks in my mind was man city fa cup when Blakey scored.
Was amazing, half the bob bank was on the touch line in the 90 th min!

then Leeds home.

Also remember protesting against I think the kumars!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Pitch invasions?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 pm

When we got promoted in 1999. Was my first proper season going to games aswell.
And Leeds at home obviously.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 pm

york away cant remember the year fortune west hat trick and the scunthorpe away think it was 93 3-0 massive pitch invasion stant and cohen griffiths up front :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 pm

brenford 85 we got on the pitch twice that day one or two older posters might remember :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:11 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:brenford 85 we got on the pitch twice that day one or two older posters might remember :ayatollah:

Twice?? Fooking he'll how did that happen?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:19 pm

man city cup game was awesome also have vaque drunken memories of running onto pitch because wed avoided relegation in the early nineties away to darlington and dancing with jason perry

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:23 pm

kent blue wrote:man city cup game was awesome also have vaque drunken memories of running onto pitch because wed avoided relegation in the early nineties away to darlington and dancing with jason perry

Yes, this is my problem always too pissed to remember when and where!

With annis books I can't get it round my head how they all remember the stories in that detail :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
kent blue wrote:man city cup game was awesome also have vaque drunken memories of running onto pitch because wed avoided relegation in the early nineties away to darlington and dancing with jason perry

Yes, this is my problem always too pissed to remember when and where!

With annis books I can't get it round my head how they all remember the stories in that detail :lol:

ha ha my memories crap sober or not so may as well do it pissed, least ive got a valid excuse then fair play to the authors that remember dates and times and who was present :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Crew away in the 90's was a good one,100's of Cardiff on the pitch. Mansfield away on the pitch was a bit naughty ,reading in a cup game when after the game it kicked off outside. I remember Cardiff chasing 100's of reading outside the ground. Darlington ,I can't remember why buy we were celebrating something ?? York city ,as my mate climbed the fence on to the pitch his legs came up in the air & smashed me on the face & smashed my nose open :lol: Many times at ninian park,good good days. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:18 pm

last but 1 away game against chesterfield 1983 to secure promotion .

think i was first on the pitch after the game grabbed hold of Dave Bennett looked around and noticed another 1,000 city fans following . i sort of lead the charge , well i was only a nipper back then :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 pm

the shrewsbury game promotion 1993 was a good one ! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:brenford 85 we got on the pitch twice that day one or two older posters might remember :ayatollah:

Twice?? Fooking he'll how did that happen?

we went on the pitch to support our lads on the home end and we went on half time as a protest against alan durban thats what happened :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 pm

aldershot home game around 1990s 12 of us ran onto the pitch from the bob bank and ran over towards the middle of the pitch where we stopped and started shouting sack the board and we want clemo out etc
i was jumping up and down on the pitch when i felt a hard kick in my arse and a clip round my head i turned around and my father was standing there shouting what if you get arrested you got the fecking car key and you can find someone else to sit next to you or pass your fecking test :shock:
id forgot my mother and father had come down for the game with me but id left them to stand under the crows nest :oops: :oops:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm

few at home 1999, leeds i'm sure was another.
we need an away invasion. :ayatollah:
tried to get on the pitch in gillingham when parry headed a late equaliser to gauranteed we were staying up,but nearly got arrested :lol:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 am

placid-casual wrote:the shrewsbury game promotion 1993 was a good one ! :ayatollah:

Agree with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:39 am

placid-casual wrote:the shrewsbury game promotion 1993 was a good one ! :ayatollah:

Broke my elbow that game :oops: running on the pitch :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 am

Peterborough away after the ayatollah races, they still scored with about a dozen City fans on the pitch!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Any good stories on invading the pitch? Home or away!

Can't ever recall it being done at ninian by any away fans! Maybe there was before my time?

One that sticks in my mind was man city fa cup when Blakey scored.
Was amazing, half the bob bank was on the touch line in the 90 th min!

then Leeds home.

Also remember protesting against I think the kumars!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sheff Wed pitch invasion at Ninian after promotion

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 am

My 1st ever away game was Torquay in the League Cup back in 1979 ish ........ hundreds of City fans invaded the pitch that day well into the 2nd half of the game and ran to the Torquay end , which cleared quicker than the pitch did before the game resumed later .

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 am

Yes, all good memories (including the much-maligned Leeds FA Cup game)

But let's remember one thing....TIMES HAVE MOVE ON AND THE AUTHORITIES AIN'T GONNA LOOK TOO KINDLY ON ANYTHING SIMILAR OCCURRING THIS SEASON, so let's be sensible and think about the consequences of our actions

You know it makes sense....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

a pretty random one for me and doesnt involve city.
2 seasons ago (year of preston disater and missing out on playoffs) me and my mates went out in london on the friday night as city were playing on the sunday. we got talking to some girls from wycombe and got talking about football as they were wycombe season ticket holders. they said we should come to the game with them as it was going to be their promotion party if they won. so we decided to go home get some sleep then go back to wycombe for the game. well me managed to get the last 3 tickets in the ground. we got there got to our seats and realised that we didnt actually see the girls that we had planned on seeing. wycombe lost the game 2-1 to notts county and me and my mates unsure of the situation thought that they had been promoted so after the game we went on the pitch and were the first few on it. then we realised that there wasnt many people on the pitch as every was waiting on the bury result as if bury won they would be promoted and wycombe in the playoffs but bury only won 1-0 which meant wycombe went up because they had scored one more goal than bury. when the bury result was annouced everyone joined us on the pitch.
the best part of the day was walking back to the car high fiving everyone and jus going mad so everyone thinking we were passionate fans but then we started sinigng cardiff songs and confused them.
least we got to celebrate a promotion that year

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Xcasual wrote:

Broke my elbow that game :oops: running on the pitch :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and oggie said i rallied your vauxhall cavelier on the way home :shock:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Sheffield Utd APRIL 78, not us on the pitch (at first) but they were all over it and not too happy. They done us 6-1 at NP we were there last away game of the season having not won away all year 89th minute Tony Evans scores 1-0 to the City, beat Notts county at home the following week to stay up, happy days. :P :ayatollah:

Jeff if your out there you may remember this one Sid was first over the wall for us