Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: QPR R Coming

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Midfield general wrote:
ccfclover wrote:
Its because of that kinda mentality which is the real reason why more and more kids think Churchill is the name of a dog in a TV advert.

:lol:

So true mate. That tickled me :lol:

Thats why I like this board, some clued up people on here but talk sense also. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Reason i said 'didnt sound like a history lesson' is because point scoring over who had the 'upper hand' on a neanderthal gathering is just glorifying it.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Midfield general wrote:
ccfclover wrote:Reason i said 'didnt sound like a history lesson' is because point scoring over who had the 'upper hand' on a neanderthal gathering is just glorifying it.

Well maybe if you didn't act like a neanderthal around the english language and explained yourself correctly from the start then I wouldn't have had to give you a history lesson ;)

Maybe now by learning from your recent history on this forum, the next time you want to use your fantastic sacasm then people may understand your witty comments more by explaining yourself in a more understanding way.

:lol: good one......wait a minute.....churchill IS the dogs name

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 pm

:D Right im shot to bits, time for the sack!

Note to any jacks - thats not an invite!!!

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:16 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:tell the 4 coachloads to go to canton a tidy time before the game and not start performing in tkmaxx during the game..
always mixed it?? i remember you lot getting taught a lesson home and away in the fa cup 1990..

1990! f**k me thats scraping the barrel.

Anyone honest enough to admit what happened outside the BQ & the ground on the Friday night game (Earnie hat trick)?

Then later that night down Goldhawk Rd by the petrol station when 3 of your lads needed ambulance treatment at the scene?

I was there both times & anyone who's honest enough to admit they were there go ahead and ask me something only someone who was there would know. PM me if you like.

I won't hold my breath.

thats the only time ive seen you bring anything of note to cardiff and the replay at yours was more one sided than zulu dawn :lol: ..

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 am

Totally with ccfclover on this one. What is the point of all this talk of violence, for Christ sake this is a football match and to compare football hooliganism with WW2 is nothing but insulting to those who fought and gave up their lives, mostly younger than the average age of posters on this MB, to save their country from the onslaught of the most vile tyranny in history. Those who died are heroes and will always remain so, those who want to cause mayhem are no more comparable to a bunch of pack-dogs, brave in a group but individually cowards who would never have the guts to face the fear and terror of those during the war. And to say it is a history lesson so that the kids of today can learn and not repeat, total bollocks. It is self- glorification and no more than that, boasting because they have little to boast about other than past 'victories', often against much lesser numbers. This kind of talk sickens me, because it doesn't teach the kids to become detered from copying, it encourages, because they are influenced much easier than adults and want to see what it is like to cause mayhem, and those who post about this know it.

I have been watching QPR for 40 years, right through the bad times of the 70's and 80's when hooliganism was rife and never once got involved. I am now 45 years old (well actually not until Saturday), and continue to watch my team home and away. I will be at the CCS on Saturday together with my 17 year old daughter. She will be wearing her QPR shirt. If any Cardiff supporter tries to cause trouble with us, I will do the more heroic thing and walk away. I will enjoy watching what are at the moment the two best teams lock horns and after the match I will make my way back to my car and we will make our way home.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 am

Well said DW thats the way it should be , enjoy your day but not the result :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 am

Midfield General, if that is the point that you are making then state it obviously not through coded words. Fact is what I said, if you are a sound and reasonable fellow, which I suspect that you very much are, then there is nothing that you would disagree with in my post. Football is for football fans and not a bunch of hyena's looking to score brownie points on the opposition. The first time I attended a football match in Cardiff was for the play-off final in 2003, my daughter was ten years old at the time, and to be frank the vile and nasty way that a good number of Cardiff fans approached and goaded us as we walked back to the park and ride stop was sickening and more than anything cowardly, as these people were in groups. Individually they would have been as meek as anything. Last season when I went to the CCS, I will say I was stopped a couple of times by individual supporters who wanted to genuinely talk about the forthcoming match and wished us well. I hope that on Saturday this same behaviour more than overrides that of the idiotic few who seem intent on harming anybody in their way.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 am

Talk of hundreds of fans coming without tickets always ends up coming to nothing.

It's particularly laughable in this instance because QPR have struggled to sell their allocation and tickets were available to buy until the past couple of days.

DW, hope you get stuffed but you sound like a decent guy.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:23 am

Midfield general wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Midfield General, if that is the point that you are making then state it obviously not through coded words. Fact is what I said, if you are a sound and reasonable fellow, which I suspect that you very much are, then there is nothing that you would disagree with in my post. Football is for football fans and not a bunch of hyena's looking to score brownie points on the opposition. The first time I attended a football match in Cardiff was for the play-off final in 2003, my daughter was ten years old at the time, and to be frank the vile and nasty way that a good number of Cardiff fans approached and goaded us as we walked back to the park and ride stop was sickening and more than anything cowardly, as these people were in groups. Individually they would have been as meek as anything. Last season when I went to the CCS, I will say I was stopped a couple of times by individual supporters who wanted to genuinely talk about the forthcoming match and wished us well. I hope that on Saturday this same behaviour more than overrides that of the idiotic few who seem intent on harming anybody in their way.

If you read my previous posts on this topic you will see that my viewpoint has maintained the same theme. I dont disagree one bit but I just wished that you read and understood my posts more before you ranted at the wrong person. Especially as I stated on more than one occasion on this topic that you can only move forward in any situation once you've understood the past.

But that is the point I am making, you cannot compare 'understanding the past and moving forward' in terms of WW2 and football hooliganism. For most WW2 is a lesson on how good eventually overcame tyranny, sadly on many occasions since then the lesson has not been learnt and we still live in a world of violence. However football violence is something that individuals like to glorify in and people look to recruit and influence all of the time, and in the main the targets are the youngsters who listen to tales of 'conquest and bravado', whereby in the 70's/80's 'we ran so-and-so', cornered a group of 'so-and-so and gave them a good pasting'. Christ the people who say these things or write these things on MB's, and I know you are not one MG, do they know how stupid they sound. In reality nobody gives a monkey's about their tales and certainly from my viewpoint I feel sorry for them, if that is all they have got to boast about after 30 to 40 years surviving on this earth. They must have one hell of a dull and boring life out of football, and lets not forget most of which they boast of is total and utter BS in any case, like an angler catching a fish, the tale gets longer and longer and longer. But where there is actual violence more often than not, like war, and this is where there is a fair comparison, it is usually the innocent that get hurt.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am

Midfield general wrote:Nothing wrong with reminiscing of your younger days lads. Like it or not holiganisum has always been part of the history of CCFC and lets not be embarrassed about that fact.

Shouldnt you be very embarrassed about getting a 3 year ban? I, for one, am totally embarrassed by our clubs hooligan past.....

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 am

If the situation was the other way round we know there would be hundreds of ticketless coaches leaving Cardiff and the Valley's for West London, so there is no reason to doubt that QPR will do the same this Saturday.

On the flip side there might be 2,500 QPR coming but as we are heading for a 27,000 sell out that means an extra 5,000 Cardiff on top of the usual 20,000.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 am

Halifax93 wrote:Talk of hundreds of fans coming without tickets always ends up coming to nothing.

It's particularly laughable in this instance because QPR have struggled to sell their allocation and tickets were available to buy until the past couple of days.

Halifax, I trust that is a metaphor! ;) I will have a good day come what may as it is my birthday and looking forward to getting home afterwards to go out for a decent meal with the family. If you happen to see a proverbial brick shithouse walking with his supermodel daughter who will be wearing her QPR shirt and her trademark bowler hat, then say hello!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 am

DWQPR wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:Talk of hundreds of fans coming without tickets always ends up coming to nothing.

Halifax, I trust that is a metaphor! ;) I will have a good day come what may as it is my birthday and looking forward to getting home afterwards to go out for a decent meal with the family. If you happen to see a proverbial brick shithouse walking with his supermodel daughter who will be wearing her QPR shirt and her trademark bowler hat, then say hello!

are you meeting up with some of this forum at the ninian?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

Wasn't planning to, but I believe that where I plan to park the car I will be walking past the Ninian. Won't be having a beer come what may, given, a) far too early for me, (I'd fall asleep in the ground), and b) I don't drink or drive as my livelihood depends upon it. But always happy to have a good chat. A few years back when Brizzle City finally got promoted back to the Championship, there was a pub, which has since been knocked down and replaced by a second hand car showroom, by the level crossing, where it was certainly a very lively 'home' pub. After the game , with police everywhere one of theirs shouted something out to me, not derogitory, but I turned back, past the police and started a chat with him, which much to the bemusement of the police and my daughter lasted the best part of an hour, and which by that time the old bill had gone and half the pub it seemed were engaged in a decent footballing debate. Nice sunny day too, start of the season. I do enjoy talking with opposition supporters, hear there thoughts on their team and mine, hence my musings on this MB, where it seems the majority are a real decent bunch, care for their team, only natural but are also fair minded folk, and the various debates on the current points issue bears that out. Fair play, and after Saturday good luck to you all and see you in the PL!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 am

DWQPR wrote:Wasn't planning to, but I believe that where I plan to park the car I will be walking past the Ninian. Won't be having a beer come what may, given, a) far too early for me, (I'd fall asleep in the ground), and b) I don't drink or drive as my livelihood depends upon it. But always happy to have a good chat. A few years back when Brizzle City finally got promoted back to the Championship, there was a pub, which has since been knocked down and replaced by a second hand car showroom, by the level crossing, where it was certainly a very lively 'home' pub. After the game , with police everywhere one of theirs shouted something out to me, not derogitory, but I turned back, past the police and started a chat with him, which much to the bemusement of the police and my daughter lasted the best part of an hour, and which by that time the old bill had gone and half the pub it seemed were engaged in a decent footballing debate. Nice sunny day too, start of the season. I do enjoy talking with opposition supporters, hear there thoughts on their team and mine, hence my musings on this MB, where it seems the majority are a real decent bunch, care for their team, only natural but are also fair minded folk, and the various debates on the current points issue bears that out. Fair play, and after Saturday good luck to you all and see you in the PL!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
aye see you there too, are you gonna get a new stadium or gonna increase?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 am

DWQPR wrote:Totally with ccfclover on this one. What is the point of all this talk of violence, for Christ sake this is a football match and to compare football hooliganism with WW2 is nothing but insulting to those who fought and gave up their lives, mostly younger than the average age of posters on this MB, to save their country from the onslaught of the most vile tyranny in history. Those who died are heroes and will always remain so, those who want to cause mayhem are no more comparable to a bunch of pack-dogs, brave in a group but individually cowards who would never have the guts to face the fear and terror of those during the war. And to say it is a history lesson so that the kids of today can learn and not repeat, total bollocks. It is self- glorification and no more than that, boasting because they have little to boast about other than past 'victories', often against much lesser numbers. This kind of talk sickens me, because it doesn't teach the kids to become detered from copying, it encourages, because they are influenced much easier than adults and want to see what it is like to cause mayhem, and those who post about this know it.

I have been watching QPR for 40 years, right through the bad times of the 70's and 80's when hooliganism was rife and never once got involved. I am now 45 years old (well actually not until Saturday), and continue to watch my team home and away. I will be at the CCS on Saturday together with my 17 year old daughter. She will be wearing her QPR shirt. If any Cardiff supporter tries to cause trouble with us, I will do the more heroic thing and walk away. I will enjoy watching what are at the moment the two best teams lock horns and after the match I will make my way back to my car and we will make our way home.

DW I am similar to you never deliberately got involved or run with the pack but have been caught up in situations when younger where had little option but to stand my ground. Now like yourself i go with my Daughter to all home games but pick which away games i take her to.

I didn't bother going to your place this Season because the season before i was assaulted by a so called QPR fan and called a Welsh c*nt i assume because i was wearing a Cardiff polo shirt :roll: when i took my assailant to task i was quickly surrounded by 4 more brain dead morons who called me a Welsh c*nt and told me to faaark off!!!!!!! Fortunately one of the Mets finest :roll: intervened by shoving me in my chest and saying 'why don't you faark off Taff' very endearing :o

Anyway the point i am making is just like your experience after the Play Off Final (which was well out of order) both our teams seem to have a minority of brain dead morons but we must remember they are vastly outnumbered by the vast majority of fans :ayatollah:

So i hope you have a good day on Saturday and a safe journey to and from the ground if i see you i will come up and wish you Happy Birthday however i hope you leave the CCS disappointed go home and enjoy your Birthday with your family and you can wait until your next game at Loftus Road to celebrate your promotion
:D :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Wasn't planning to, but I believe that where I plan to park the car I will be walking past the Ninian. Won't be having a beer come what may, given, a) far too early for me, (I'd fall asleep in the ground), and b) I don't drink or drive as my livelihood depends upon it. But always happy to have a good chat. A few years back when Brizzle City finally got promoted back to the Championship, there was a pub, which has since been knocked down and replaced by a second hand car showroom, by the level crossing, where it was certainly a very lively 'home' pub. After the game , with police everywhere one of theirs shouted something out to me, not derogitory, but I turned back, past the police and started a chat with him, which much to the bemusement of the police and my daughter lasted the best part of an hour, and which by that time the old bill had gone and half the pub it seemed were engaged in a decent footballing debate. Nice sunny day too, start of the season. I do enjoy talking with opposition supporters, hear there thoughts on their team and mine, hence my musings on this MB, where it seems the majority are a real decent bunch, care for their team, only natural but are also fair minded folk, and the various debates on the current points issue bears that out. Fair play, and after Saturday good luck to you all and see you in the PL!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
aye see you there too, are you gonna get a new stadium or gonna increase?

Something much more cunning than that! We are going to keep Loftus Road for certainly the forseeable future, maintain the current capacity, but this is where the master plan comes in. The club has placed a protective roof above the lower part of the away end, which will now be populated by home supporters only, making the only part of the ground for away supporters the upper School End, meaning that the maximum amount of tickets for you guys next season will be circa 1,800. Now before you all go off on one, just remember what our allocation is on Saturday in a ground that is 50% bigger in capacity. More important was an interview with Lasthmi Mittal in the Evening Standard last night, which is a rarity in itself, (an interview with him not the Standard), whereby he has stated that the board will ensure investment in the team to allow us to firmly establish ourselves as a PL club! Mittal also happens to be the UK's richest individual.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

I just hope we get the result on the pitch, i couldnt care less about anything else.. Youd have to be mad to risk missing out on watching yor team playing prem league football by getting yor self a banning order.. Theres a c.c.t.v camera on just about every corner in cardiff these days.. Why risk it!!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:whats the point in coming to cardiff without a ticket? they're just gonna run if they try anything :lol:

Didn't run the last 2 times we've mixed it with you, why start now?

Hey Stan, your alto ego starting showing his head then. I miss the old C-MOB :lol:

Just a quick note to say there will be more City fans without a ticket. Bank holiday weekend, sunny day, game on T.V., thousands of ticketless fans in Cardiff from both sides, ooh ooh ooh ooh :P

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

troobloo wrote:
dropebluebird wrote:where though ? they wont be able to go in there boozers when the game starts

theres always room in pulse. :lol: :lol:

why? aren't the jacks in town this time? :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Having now battered Andy Powell, QPR mob are coming down on the M4 on >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :lol:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:32 pm

I Honestly Dont Believe QPR fans will come with No tickets, JUST MY STRONG Opinion.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Honestly Dont Believe QPR fans will come with No tickets, JUST MY STRONG Opinion.

I'm with you mate, I don't believe that QPR will travel without tickets, there certainly won't be whole coaches :lol: travelling without tickets as Stan QPR insists. I really don't know why St Georges day has been mentioned as a factor either. 95% of English don't know when it is, and certainly don't celebrate it!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I Honestly Dont Believe QPR fans will come with No tickets, JUST MY STRONG Opinion.

I'm with you mate, I don't believe that QPR will travel without tickets, there certainly won't be whole coaches :lol: travelling without tickets as Stan QPR insists. I really don't know why St Georges day has been mentioned as a factor either. 95% of English don't know when it is, and certainly don't celebrate it!

aye nothing will happen anyway

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I will stand by my comments, Theres NO Chance of their fans turning up without tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I will stand by my comments, Theres NO Chance of their fans turning up without tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

aye they wont show they're only bringing just under 2k cause there will be police protecting em....expect missiles being thrown :lol:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

DW / Stan was out on Saturday night with 7 Pompey fans had never met them before in my life. Great crew great Laugh no trouble no hint of it. It dosen't always have to be about Scrapping :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:DW / Stan was out on Saturday night with 7 Pompey fans had never met them before in my life. Great crew great Laugh no trouble no hint of it. It dosen't always have to be about Scrapping :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Nothing will happen. Why would fans of either club want to risk a ban with Premier League football looming?

I'm sure there'll be a decent atmosphere and some lively banter but not much more than that. Roll on Saturday! :ayatollah: