Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My QPR dilemma!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm going to Tenerife Saturday! I'm in a worse position than Annis (who is watching from abroad) because I will be in the airport in Bristol during the game, I can only hope there will be a bar showing the game, I can't use my iPhone to even listen to the game because stupid BBC radio Wales turn off the online listening during the games!

Help, i need a suggestion (other than not going to Tenerife - wife won't go for that)

On a side note you should have seen my mates face as I handed him my season ticket! Smug tw*t

Re: My QPR dilemma!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm

internet radio ? you can get an app on your phone for about £1.09 unlimited use

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 pm

I got it, but BBC Wales turns itself off during live football, some sorta rights restriction.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:45 pm

If you wanted too you could download the football league app.Or sky sports app :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Buy a cheap FM radio with headphones

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 pm

You can do what I did once at Gatwick airport and ask someone at the bar in the airport if they can either kindly change channel so you can watch the game, or if they can turn the tv on if the tv is of course turned off.. I just gave the barman a nice tip after I bought my drinks and he had no problem with me watching the Cardiff game on the BBC.

Give it a try. :D
Last edited by Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 pm

just make sure the tv in the bar at the airport has BBC on ........ I saw the 1st 2 goals of our FA Cup match away to Middlesboro in the departure lounge in Shannon airport in Ireland a few years ago .

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Yeah.....

You usually find most people at bars in the airport aren't paying any attention to the tv anyway unless there is something like a big sport event on. Anyway, I think the Cardiff - QPR game will be showing on the one of tv's anyway.. Worst case scenario you may just have to ask the barman / barlady to to turn up the volume a tad.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:06 pm

If it is on BBC I swear by this website to watch stuff on my iphone free:
http://www.tvcatchup.com/

When my daughter and Mrs are watching Peppa Pig for hours
:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

dougblue wrote:If it is on BBC I swear by this website to watch stuff on my iphone free:

i have this its brilliant, your problems solved if you can connect to wifi, if not it still works on 3g just can be stuttery.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:
dougblue wrote:If it is on BBC I swear by this website to watch stuff on my iphone free:

i have this its brilliant, your problems solved if you can connect to wifi, if not it still works on 3g just can be stuttery.

But if the game is on the BBC won't it be regional, does tvcatchup cover our region?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:24 pm

just pmed you m8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Just as bad for me,wife booked spain around the city games for me.Going may 2nd so they move boro game to a monday as where flying and chance the burnley game to a sat when we get home about 2 in the morning.Still be in burnley just no sleep.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Gavlar im in Bristol airport same time Saturday, watch the game in the bar cheeing on the mighty bluebirds!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm in the shit too, driving to Ashford Saturday, staying the night, then getting the Eurostar to Euro Disney Sunday morning...my problem is, I can't go to the game then drive up after it, (not fair on the kids), but desperate to watch the game.....Room in Hotel not available til 3pm, otherwise I'd drive up early and watch it in the room...dunno what the f**k I'm gonna do....any suggestions?