Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley Away - Big Screen as CCS?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm

If it comes down to the wire at Burnley away, and we have win that game we go up to the promised land. Do you think the club could organise the game to be shown live on the big screen at CCS. I think the atmosphere would be amazing in there we could all sit on the pitch with a beer and have a PARTY!!!!

Re: Burnley Away - Big Screen as CCS?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:10 pm

there's a drive in movie screen up for nxt weekend ....... always use that ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:there's a drive in movie screen up for nxt weekend ....... always use that ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

That is a brilliant idea. Imagine how much money the club would make screening our away games live? I doubt it's legal though due to television rights etc. :(

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Zabier wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:there's a drive in movie screen up for nxt weekend ....... always use that ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

That is a brilliant idea. Imagine how much money the club would make screening our away games live? I doubt it's legal though due to television rights etc. :(

Been done before by others so must be a way round it.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 pm

could simulate away match atmosphere by 1st driving around south Wales in a coach for 3 hours getting pissed then simply pull up in the stadium car park and watch the game , without having to leave the bus if u dont want to ....... simples !

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:22 pm

do you get out of the coach or stay in suppose they could make a deal with the home club 20% of profits or sky may be happy to lend a hand ?
It was done fot the FA cup final down the bay

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Zabier wrote:

I'm not suggesting it is done for every game, because the number of traveling away fans would fall and they are our 12th man on away days. I'm just suggesting it for our last game of the season because we will still take our full allocation away and the club could gain extra revenue by charging £5-£10 pp entrance and what ever profit they make off the beer and food etc. I would much rather watch the game on the big screen and celebrate with all the other fans around me than at home watching SSN with the Radio on.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:25 pm

I know it would be great although there would be quite a few overheads.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm

pandymac wrote:If it comes down to the wire at Burnley away, and we have win that game we go up to the promised land. Do you think the club could organise the game to be shown live on the big screen at CCS. I think the atmosphere would be amazing in there we could all sit on the pitch with a beer and have a PARTY!!!!

if it comes down to the wire, i think bbc or sky will pick our game to show, if it is picked i can see something like this happening, but hopefully we can wrap it up the week before :) :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:could simulate away match atmosphere by 1st driving around south Wales in a coach for 3 hours getting pissed then simply pull up in the stadium car park and watch the game , without having to leave the bus if u dont want to ....... simples !

:D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm

simon1927 wrote:
pandymac wrote:If it comes down to the wire at Burnley away, and we have win that game we go up to the promised land. Do you think the club could organise the game to be shown live on the big screen at CCS. I think the atmosphere would be amazing in there we could all sit on the pitch with a beer and have a PARTY!!!!

if it comes down to the wire, i think bbc or sky will pick our game to show, if it is picked i can see something like this happening, but hopefully we can wrap it up the week before :) :ayatollah:

i dont think they are allowed to show 3 oclock games live due to liscencing etc. thats why there is never live games on or why ssn only show the pundit with his back to the crowd not the game. and on the last day of the season every game has to kick off at same time so it is all equal.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
simon1927 wrote:

i dont think they are allowed to show 3 oclock games live due to liscencing etc. thats why there is never live games on or why ssn only show the pundit with his back to the crowd not the game. and on the last day of the season every game has to kick off at same time so it is all equal.

that wont be a problem as all games ko 12. 45

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

As well as that, they were moved for TV. No doubt there will be games live on BBC & Sky as there was last season on the final day. I think :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:02 pm

PtB wrote:As well as that, they were moved for TV. No doubt there will be games live on BBC & Sky as there was last season on the final day. I think :lol:

there was sky and bbc always have championship games last day

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:44 pm

the thing is, if we do gain promotion, at the burnley game, us fans not going, are going to feel like , a south wales man ure fans, watch sky sports and , shout yessssss, with no other city fans around, quite boring really , for such a big occasion, :roll:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

i don't know what's against it.What is saying the stadium isn't a massive pub with a humongous tele.Is there a limit to how many people can be watching the game in a Pub ?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

When Wales played Ireland for the 6/5 nations grand slam they showed it live outside the city hall, I think we played Plymouth before hand ? the Wales game was also live on tv. What an atmosphere that would be, but however I will be at Turf Moor, no matter what. :D :D :D :D

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Other clubs have done this in recent seasons so I don't see why it can't be done.

It'd be a laugh, 4000 people in the Canton with a big screen playing the game.

I'm going to be at the game, but if it fell on one of my "on call" weekends, I'd be unable to go up

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Sam The Man introduced this to the club many years back. We played Brighton & Hove who were 2nd and we were 3rd...I think. Bobby Zamora played for them and it was a great game. We all sat in the grandstand with the screen just on the half way line/touchline...pissing it down though and a few cells in the screen didnt work. haha. I can honestly say that there is no chance in hell that you will be able to watch it on the pitch....one reason is because our pitch will need as much healing time as is possible as it is without extra damage the event would cause. The other is health and safety, its easier to keep us in the stands.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Great idea and Good post pandymac :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we still have the chance to go up,and its in our hands Sky i think would show our game.
They normally show 2 games i think on the last day :?:

I Remember when we played Stoke at home 1st game of the season,and before that game,pictures from the Sunderland game was shown...Only remember this because Chops got a goal or 2 for Sunderland.

City could pay a % to who ever to show this game to the fans who want to cheer the team on at the CCS :ayatollah:
Or stay in a pub to cheer the boys on to the promised land,if its on sky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: