Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FAO Stan: regarding Routledge

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm

No shock at all M.R. His agent knows he can go for a bigger salary if we're promoted. Would be professional suicide to tie his client into a deal without seeing the bigger picture.

Non story mate.

Fully expect him to join us in a £2m deal.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:No shock at all M.R. His agent knows he can go for a bigger salary if we're promoted. Would be professional suicide to tie his client into a deal without seeing the bigger picture.

Non story mate.

Fully expect him to join us in a £2m deal.

Thats fare enough Stan but is he really Premiership quality because he's never really grabbed the premiership chance whenever its come throughout his career.

I think he is a very very good player, & if we're honest was behind some top players at Spurs & Villa ie; Lennon & Ashley Young but Premiership quality I'm not so sure.

Decent squad impact player to bring on but I'd want a vast improvement on him should we go up.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:Lets be honest QPR will get promoted so out of your current squad how many can you see being kept on..?

Kenny
Taarabt
Faurlin
Gorkks
Hall
Routledge

After that we will struggle, as brilliant as players like Derry, Hill, Orr, Helguson have been they will get raped in the Premiership.

Massive overhaul required if I was honest. Not decimate the team but plenty of players need to be brought in to make a 25 man squad who can compete.

How about yourselves?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 am

No Heaton or Burke?

I agree about loyalty. They are paid to do a job, very very well paid actually but once you step up the gulf in class is gigantic. Imagine Shaun Derry battling with Michael Essien or Cesc Fabregas :oops:

Or Drogba, Giggs & Gareth Bale up against Bradley Orr & Clint Hill?! Nope nor can I.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 am

Midfield general wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:No Heaton or Burke?

I agree about loyalty. They are paid to do a job, very very well paid actually but once you step up the gulf in class is gigantic. Imagine Shaun Derry battling with Michael Essien or Cesc Fabregas :oops:

Or Drogba, Giggs & Gareth Bale up against Bradley Orr & Clint Hill?! Nope nor can I.

Sorry forgot about Heaton but I do think the club would listen to offers for Burke.

Too many clubs have stuck by championship players when they got promoted and become un-stuck when the transfer window has closed. Blackpool are this years example but there have been plenty of others in the past.

burke is out of contract at the end of the season

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 am

i love chris burke, he`d always be in my starting eleven! great player with a great engine!