Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Lets Wind Up Taarabt and create hostile atmosphere

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Exactly, I think QPR are going to be more busy in defence than "attacking midfield" :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 pm

I think after reading result tonight when we win tomorrow the last 3 are easier games , Norwich stuttering away before ipswich ...................also will FA dock them points ? could be major news before burnley but lets do it automatically :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Tbh I'm not so sure he will.

Taarabt plays left, right, behind the striker & generally 'floats' as Warnock has given him license to roam as such.

I personally cannot see Oli following him left wing to right as it will leave your central midfield area rather weak against players like Derry & Faurlin. You can't afford to man mark Taarabt in my opinion but just to try & contain him.

Derby could afford to put their most experienced player on him all game as they were ecstatic with a point. You guys NEED points so don't think you can play that way. We can afford a draw all day long.

you're probably right there to be fair mate, i wouldnt be happy sending your star player out wide left against Paul Quinn mind, someone that tricky against someone as reckless as Paul Quinn might just end up with him breaking his leg

what i would say is that Taarabt would probably do the most damage when hes in the centre rather than out wide, and i just think that whenever he gets near the centre, Oli will be there to knock him over :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:53 pm

I think we will have 4 players targetting taarabt with heavy tackles like we did against norwich , play hard and get in teir faces --------------cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Should of sat on Taarabt , one man marked him all the time , 2 goals not one bad tackle on him , hit him hard and hit him early - we didnt do that :twisted:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Well that worked a treat.