Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lets Wind Up Taarabt and create hostile atmosphere

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Taarabt showed tonight he cant handle wind up or someone in ya face like Savage, reckon a few tackls , fans on his back then he will crack jut like he did last week and when he was subbed tonight.

We can beat QPR , pack midfield , we the fans can create so much noise and hostile atmosphere we can be 12th man.

Come on 4 games to go plus we dont know if league will punish QPR although they will get slap in my opinion by gutless FA.

Lets re- create Leeds atmosphere , wind them up !!!!! :twisted: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Lets Wind Up Taarabt and create hostile atmosphere

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Precisely what I was thinking....

Tarrabt was made to look very ordinary tonight.

Early KO on Saturday.... Will that affect the atmosphere at all you reckon?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Na will serve beer in the ground - everyone will be up for this - Taarbaht will have point to prove but will get frustrated , Oli will sort him out :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:15 pm

totally agree, if we constantly put pressure on taarabt & routledge, i believe they will crack, we need to keep an eye on helguson from the corners & set pieces aswell!!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Agree but crowd can wind him up BIG time as well :twisted:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

oli and Mcphail will be in his face right from the start...he is a very good player but if we put him under pressure and create a lot of noise i think he will crumble. never mind terrabt....we will create a great atmosphere on saturday never mind the early kick off. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Agree but he is weak link in terms of easy to wind , he be diving all over place :evil:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Cool :D

Really hope Oli is in his face from the 1st minute, winding him up.

And don't worry about Routledge.... Can you remember what Paul Quinn did to Scott Sinclair? :D

More of the same please young Quinn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

I would love to see tarabt get annoyed and take his anger out on Oli.I'm sure he won't mess about if someone started on him.
In all seriousness I think we can seriously cause QPR problems if we bug them enough.we need something early on to dishearten them.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:30 pm

The way they played tonight, I'm fairly confident.

That Paddy Kenny is a good keeper; but no match for Oli's power header :D

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Agree but he is weak link in terms of easy to wind , he be diving all over place :evil:

competition between jay and taarabt? should be a right laugh. diving everywhere :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 pm

lewis91 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Agree but he is weak link in terms of easy to wind , he be diving all over place :evil:

competition between jay and taarabt? should be a right laugh. diving everywhere :lol:

Mini Tsunami's in localised area's! :D :D :D

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 pm

:lol: :lol: taarabt will try it all game but for some reason i think jay will man up a bit especially against qpr as it's a very big game and also qpr have one or two hard hitting players so he will have to stand his ground.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:19 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:Precisely what I was thinking....

Tarrabt was made to look very ordinary tonight.

Early KO on Saturday.... Will that affect the atmosphere at all you reckon?

Yes, threw a fair old tantrum and stormed down the tunnel when substituted....throwing a water bottle to the floor and bouncing it 6 feet into the air at the same time!!

Warnock looked well impressed....!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 pm

TBH I've heard fans say this all season & Taarabt is rarely marked out of a game, he thrives on crowd pressure. Every single time he has faced Robbie Savage he has come off second best.

I fully expect Cardiff to feel the wrath of the TARBS :D

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:TBH I've heard fans say this all season & Taarabt is rarely marked out of a game, he thrives on crowd pressure. Every single time he has faced Robbie Savage he has come off second best.

Hmmm, I think you need to worry about Premiership-proven Craig Bellamy....a man on a mission indeed....and the class and bottle to see it through!!

BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:TBH I've heard fans say this all season & Taarabt is rarely marked out of a game, he thrives on crowd pressure. Every single time he has faced Robbie Savage he has come off second best.

Hmmm, I think you need to worry about Premiership-proven Craig Bellamy....a man on a mission indeed....and the class and bottle to see it through!!

BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!! :ayatollah: BELL-ARMY!!

Can't see the 2 being anywhere near each other Sven if I'm honest. I'm expecting Oli to be your man on Taarabt.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:56 am

Personally I think Warnock will shut the game down even before it starts by flooding the midfield, he'll come for a point.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Stop taarbaht we stop QPR - simple .

Will be great game - we always pl;ay well against top teams - oops thats us lol

Come on City , Ipswich and Leeds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm

QPR are 11 men, Let them get on with it I say!

Just set our formation and tactics and do what we do best at home and attack..... They won't be able to to contain the constant pressure we can supply. I say not to concentrate too much on one man in the opposition team as Warnock will know whats coming, and play everything else through other players... he's not stupid and he will just counteract the expecation from Cardiff.

We just need to go out there - and be the team we've been over the last 6 games.... :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 pm

i think we can get them on the counter they don't have a pacey midfield and definitely don't play as wide as us

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Come on everyone - do your best to get into QPR players heads tomorrow ............ Cardiff wil win and we are 12th man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 pm

dropebluebird wrote:they don't have a pacey midfield and definitely don't play as wide as us

Wayne Routledge might have something to say about that ;)

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
dropebluebird wrote:they don't have a pacey midfield and definitely don't play as wide as us

Wayne Routledge might have something to say about that ;)

i do worry about him playing against JL Samuel actually :\
but i do think that if we stop Taarabt, we win the game

i have alot more positives about tomorrow than worries though to be fair
1) the atmosphere is gonna be electric and we usually win when its like that
2) i genuinely think Olofinjana is more than good enough to stop Taarabt
3) Bellamy is on fire
4) Kevin McNaughton, i'll say no more :ayatollah:

I'm definitely getting on Whitts to score first and 2-1 City tomorrow
though I have a sneaky feeling that Burke is gonna run Clint Hill ragged and maybe get him sent off

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

This is going to sound daft but what position does Taarabt play?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is going to sound daft but what position does Taarabt play?

attacking midfield

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is going to sound daft but what position does Taarabt play?

attacking midfield

Thanks

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:

attacking midfield

Thanks

he's gonna be directly against Oli basically :ayatollah:

and i think Oli is brilliant, personally, so im quietly confident :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Tbh I'm not so sure he will.

Taarabt plays left, right, behind the striker & generally 'floats' as Warnock has given him license to roam as such.

I personally cannot see Oli following him left wing to right as it will leave your central midfield area rather weak against players like Derry & Faurlin. You can't afford to man mark Taarabt in my opinion but just to try & contain him.

Derby could afford to put their most experienced player on him all game as they were ecstatic with a point. You guys NEED points so don't think you can play that way. We can afford a draw all day long.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm

why worry about qpr s players let them worry about ours taarabt in all fairness is a good player and along with routledge can cause as all sort of problems but thats when they attack,when we attack them they as far as im concerned are the weak links when city attack them, both totally non interested in putting in a tackle