Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All of a sudden...

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 pm

...We approach the weekend with a realistic goal of hunting down QPR - who would've thought a couple of weeks ago we could say that!

Alot of 'ifs' and 'buts' I know, however if we get the result that we should get on form, paper and venue i.e a win, then we need QPR to lose twice more and they have Hull at home (Hull have got a great away record), Watford away (the only team to have beaten them at Loftus this season) and Leeds at home - we all know that won't be easy.

The dream scenario of us going up as Champions still requires us winning most probably our remaining 4 games - but we can do it - we're Cardiff City and with us as the 12th man on form anything can happen...all of a sudden the league title IS ON!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: All of a sudden...

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 pm

2nd place will do me just fine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm

JonScam wrote:...We approach the weekend with a realistic goal of hunting down QPR - who would've thought a couple of weeks ago we could say that!

Alot of 'ifs' and 'buts' I know, however if we get the result that we should get on form, paper and venue i.e a win, then we need QPR to lose twice more and they have Hull at home (Hull have got a great away record), Watford away (the only team to have beaten them at Loftus this season) and Leeds at home - we all know that won't be easy.

The dream scenario of us going up as Champions still requires us winning most probably our remaining 4 games - but we can do it - we're Cardiff City and with us as the 12th man on form anything can happen...all of a sudden the league title IS ON!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

All good stuff, stranger things have happened at sea! (As the saying go's) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: !

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:17 pm

JonScam wrote:...We approach the weekend with a realistic goal of hunting down QPR - who would've thought a couple of weeks ago we could say that!

Great minds think alike ;)

Or is it really optimistic minds :lol:

So whats it to be, ill go for us to win our remaining games, hull to draw at loftus, watford to do the double over them and leeds also to grab a point there on the last day :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Is it possible that they would come to the CCS and look for a point?

Seems strange; but it would put them 8 points clear with only 9 to play for.

Only a WIN is good enough for us. We are playing some quality stuff at the moment, and badly need another 3 points Saturday

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

We're going to do it! Something strange in the air...it feels right!!! Haha :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:31 pm

I must say it is annoying 1st you get a trophy playoffs you get a trophy 2nd you get nothing only a pat on the back.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

dropebluebird wrote:I must say it is annoying 1st you get a trophy playoffs you get a trophy 2nd you get nothing only a pat on the back.

And £90 million, not bad for coming 2nd hey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:Is it possible that they would come to the CCS and look for a point?

Yes

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
DannyBluebird wrote:Is it possible that they would come to the CCS and look for a point?

Yes

Quinny on Tarrabt mate...Adel will get himself subbed or sent off after Quinn has got under his skin for 60 mins - thats the key battle for me on Saturday :ayatollah: