Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Independent Clothes Shops

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Do you guys know of any independent designer clothes shops around South Wales?

Since my son was born a couple of years ago, anything I buy tends to be online and preferably at a bargain price!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Independent Clothes Shops

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Stern Clothing, Pontypridd (opposite the Maltsters by the bridge by the police station)
A2, Merthyr (opposite Ladbrokes... They made "Weekend Offender")

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Nice one mate, appreciate that.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Are you looking to sell those t-shirts that you designed?

Contact Cardiff City, might be able to sell through the store :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 pm

jbirdrules wrote:Are you looking to sell those t-shirts that you designed?

Yes mate, if I can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Everything is finalised now I've got all the stock and equipment setup aswell as finished designs. Just finishing the website off and then I can start selling after over a year of getting all this together!

Going to approach the club soon too, to hopefully see if they can stock the shirts, but cant take too much on at the beginning and want to build up slowly as the T-Shirts are really high quality and intended to be fashionable T-Shirts, but because of that, they are a little time consuming to make. Its taken me a whole week to make just 100 :|

Its a real buzz seeing them in the flesh, but its been a long and expensive haul! Got 10 designs initially and I'm ITCHING to post the designs on here for some feedback, but Saturday I noticed people selling a cheap and nasty Tshirts similar to the one I posted a few weeks ago outside the ground - so can't post anything until I'm good to go, wont be long though :D

Few things I want to do from the offset though is make a £1 donation to the Fred Keenor appeal for every T-Shirt sold and a lifetime 10% discount for members of this message board. Managed to keep the price down to £17 each.

Thanks alot for asking mate, really appreciate it!

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I think Stern Clothing will be interested, he is a massive City fan.. That said so is the owner of A2, but not many City fans in Merthyr

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Barkers on St Mary's Street & Pavillion. Also worth trying a few stores within the Royal Arcade, full of quirky locally run retailers.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Cheers for the info guys. Used to spend all my cash on clothes a couple of years ago, but since my son was born - it just became really hard. So I'm not clued up at all as to where any independent shops are.

Most of the clothes I buy these days are off www.yoox.com

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:56 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:I think Stern Clothing will be interested, he is a massive City fan.. That said so is the owner of A2, but not many City fans in Merthyr

Not many City fans in Merthyr????? Jesus you don't get out much mate...

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

Tempo clothing in neath has some nice stuff and only seen one more in swansea, and the Edge in neath has some cracking weekend offender gear in there, moustache in swansea is my favorite shop always got some nice stuff there.... dont think MODA is independent shop but i haven't seen another one of them as well thats sells all stone island, evisu, cp company ,armani :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:49 pm

I mean in comparrison to Ponty

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:04 pm

12thMan wrote:
jbirdrules wrote:Are you looking to sell those t-shirts that you designed?

Yes mate, if I can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Everything is finalised now I've got all the stock and equipment setup aswell as finished designs. Just finishing the website off and then I can start selling after over a year of getting all this together!

Going to approach the club soon too, to hopefully see if they can stock the shirts, but cant take too much on at the beginning and want to build up slowly as the T-Shirts are really high quality and intended to be fashionable T-Shirts, but because of that, they are a little time consuming to make. Its taken me a whole week to make just 100 :|

Its a real buzz seeing them in the flesh, but its been a long and expensive haul! Got 10 designs initially and I'm ITCHING to post the designs on here for some feedback, but Saturday I noticed people selling a cheap and nasty Tshirts similar to the one I posted a few weeks ago outside the ground - so can't post anything until I'm good to go, wont be long though :D

Few things I want to do from the offset though is make a £1 donation to the Fred Keenor appeal for every T-Shirt sold and a lifetime 10% discount for members of this message board. Managed to keep the price down to £17 each.

Thanks alot for asking mate, really appreciate it!

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

What designs.........? Any chance you sending me a pic via PM......?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 pm

get to stern clothing! i know the owner hes a great lad and a massive city fan !

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Before you start up properly you may want to consider changing your brand name as 12th maqn clothing already exists :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Cheers for the headsup guys. I'm definately going to be approaching the stores you have mentioned to hopefully get some T-Shirts stocked in them.

The website should be live by this time next week, for people to start ordering. I'm very passionate about the designs and feel they really represent those that truely care about Cardiff City! I've also put a lot of time into thinking up the designs and creating them. It will be a relief when the site launches - so that I can actually get more feedback on the entire range and get some input into what people would like to see in future designs.

I've had a few cracking suggestions off lads on here and have implemented two of them. So if anyone has any ideas for T-Shirt designs they would like to see, just let me know - I'd really appreciate it - as I want the brand to represent us as a club and also as fans. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

The style of the designs are kind of Banksy street art style. Very gritty and urban made up of 1-3 colours.