Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MONDAY 18TH APRIL - STATISTIC UPDATE "

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Before i throw some stats at you i just want to congratulate the team, winning 4 on the bounce making that 6 games without loss. We are defiantly peeking at the right time :D

i did say after the Millwall game, after the rant DJ gave them after the Barnsley game the new Cardiff would start from there, and i havnt failed to dissapoint

since we have played Millwall we have taken 13 points out of 15 - not bad is it?

the last 5 games we have played, we have scored 15 goals :o
thats on average 3 goals a game, thats without our main man chops and also without jay firing them in left right and centre

People are starting to raise there game with goals from the likes of Keinan, Quinn, Ollofinjana etc.
We're not just relying on our front two, which is good. It shows us that they all want to get stuck in and represent this team to the best of there ability

In the last 5 games, we have conceded 5 goals, with 2 clean sheets meaning were conceding 1 goal a game.

So the way you look at it, We would have won all 5 games, 3-1. Wont we all want that for the remaining games of the season ;)

Also out of the 15 goals we have scored, 3 of them have been from strikers. It just proves that the rest are prepared to get stuck in and score some goals :ayatollah:

Now i will show you the form table from the last 6 games

The form table
1st Reading -- P6-- W6-- D0--L0 ............. 18 points/18
2nd Cardiff-- P6--W4--D2--L0..................14 points/18
3rd Ipswich --P6--W4--D1--L1..................13 points/18
4th QPR --P6--W4--D0--L2......................12 points/18
5th Norwich-- P6--W3--D2--L1..................11 points/18
6th Coventry-- P6--W3--D2--L1................11 points/18
......................................................................................................
13th Swansea --P6--W2--D1--L3................7 points/18
16th Leeds -- P6--W1--D2--L3.................5 points/18
21st Forest -- P6--W1--D1--L4................. 4 points/18
22nd Burnley -- P6--W1--D1--L4.................4 points/18

Its a big surprise looking at that, at the falls of Swansea, Leeds, Forest and Burnley

I knew Forest and Burnley were doing bad, but i didnt think the Swans and Leeds were either. Thats alot of points they have dropped

On the other hand, Cardiff sit nicely in second spot, where they have taken 14 points out of 18, which after our 4 games without a win, is very promising :ayatollah:

Also cardiff have won the most away games this season so far with 10 victories out of a possible 21. Drawing 3 and loosing 8.

And Cardiff are 3rd, for the most goals scored away from home with 33 of them
1st is Watford with 35 and 2nd is Reading with 34

Its getting closer and closer untill the top two will be decided. It is now crunch time, people love this type of feeling, others hate it.

But whatever you feel about the run in, has nothing to do with giving 100% support to the players.

Dave Jones said in a interview that you can manipulate stats in any way shape or form you want to, so i will :D

We have won 4 games in a row, making that 6 games unbeaten
Before that, we went 4 games without a victory

I know i said this earlier, but, after the DJ rant after Barnsley i recon it changed the approach of the players, against millwall we played dirty, which we didnt do before, and since then we have looked like a top 2 team.

I also think we have the pyscological edge over Reading and Norwich due to the fact that we have one player who is passionate to this club more than anything.

Craig Bellamy wants success at this club, and i personally feel that he could be the reason that we do go up. He is now leading by example and wants others to do the same, and i really think they are.

Look at Paul Quinn now, he was a no body at the start of the season, now he's our number 1 RB (with kev playing CB/LB) He has shone, and its what we all like to see.

I do have to critisise DJ. Saying that we would say that Bellamy was the best player due to the fact that he is Welsh. Maybe he's right in one way but, when he says the likes of Whitts, Olly were at the same ability, i feel that he was wrong. The past 4/5 games, Bellamy has shown his premership class, and people want to follow suit :D

Even in the dark days when we lost against Palace and Ipswich and drew against Barnsley, i still told people on here that i believed that we would still make the top 2. And i am on track ;)

We must keep up the good work, and support the boys 100%

BLUEBIRDSSS
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MONDAY 18TH APRIL - STATISTIC UPDATE

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Very interesting stats there. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Will you be doing a summer stat update on Glamorgan or is your username unrelated?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Will you be doing a summer stat update on Glamorgan or is your username unrelated?

i do support glamorgan yes, im going down on wednesday :lol:

do you want me to do a stat update on glamorgan?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Glam, I don't meant piss on your parade, but if I knew you were doing this, then I wouldn't have made this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42301
:lol:

Well good posts anyway ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Merlin wrote:Glam, I don't meant piss on your parade, but if I knew you were doing this, then I wouldn't have made this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42301

:lol: :lol:

if i knew you done that, i wouldnt of done this :lol:
could have saved myself 40 mins ahaa

dw its all good :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:42 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Glam, I don't meant piss on your parade, but if I knew you were doing this, then I wouldn't have made this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42301

:lol: :lol:

if i knew you done that, i wouldnt of done this :lol:
could have saved myself 40 mins ahaa

dw its all good :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Different info in each, so yeah.... All good! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 am

Picked this form table up from another board but it makes interesting reading (no pun intented). Especially Forest and Leeds.
It runs from 19 Feb to current day:

1] Reading 28
2] QPR 22
--------------------
3] Cardiff 20
4] Bristol City 19
5] Norwich 19
6] Ipswich 17
--------------------
7] Hull 17
8] Portsmouth 17
9] Preston 16
10] Millwall 15
11] Boro 14
12] Swansea 14
13] Burnley 13
14] Coventry 13
15] Derby 13
16] Watford 13
17] Scunthorpe 12
18] Leeds 12
19] Barnsley 10
20] C Palace 9
21] Leicester 9
--------------------
22] Doncaster 8
23] Nottm Forest 7
24] Sheff Utd 6

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Very good read Glammy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MONDAY 18TH APRIL - STATISTIC UPDATE "

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:40 pm

glammy74 wrote:Before i throw some stats at you i just want to congratulate the team, winning 4 on the bounce making that 6 games without loss. We are defiantly peeking at the right time :D

i did say after the Millwall game, after the rant DJ gave them after the Barnsley game the new Cardiff would start from there, and i havnt failed to dissapoint

since we have played Millwall we have taken 13 points out of 15 - not bad is it?

the last 5 games we have played, we have scored 15 goals :o
thats on average 3 goals a game, thats without our main man chops and also without jay firing them in left right and centre

People are starting to raise there game with goals from the likes of Keinan, Quinn, Ollofinjana etc.
We're not just relying on our front two, which is good. It shows us that they all want to get stuck in and represent this team to the best of there ability

In the last 5 games, we have conceded 5 goals, with 2 clean sheets meaning were conceding 1 goal a game.

So the way you look at it, We would have won all 5 games, 3-1. Wont we all want that for the remaining games of the season ;)

Also out of the 15 goals we have scored, 3 of them have been from strikers. It just proves that the rest are prepared to get stuck in and score some goals :ayatollah:

Now i will show you the form table from the last 6 games

The form table
1st Reading -- P6-- W6-- D0--L0 ............. 18 points/18
2nd Cardiff-- P6--W4--D2--L0..................14 points/18
3rd Ipswich --P6--W4--D1--L1..................13 points/18
4th QPR --P6--W4--D0--L2......................12 points/18
5th Norwich-- P6--W3--D2--L1..................11 points/18
6th Coventry-- P6--W3--D2--L1................11 points/18
......................................................................................................
13th Swansea --P6--W2--D1--L3................7 points/18
16th Leeds -- P6--W1--D2--L3.................5 points/18
21st Forest -- P6--W1--D1--L4................. 4 points/18
22nd Burnley -- P6--W1--D1--L4.................4 points/18

Its a big surprise looking at that, at the falls of Swansea, Leeds, Forest and Burnley

I knew Forest and Burnley were doing bad, but i didnt think the Swans and Leeds were either. Thats alot of points they have dropped

On the other hand, Cardiff sit nicely in second spot, where they have taken 14 points out of 18, which after our 4 games without a win, is very promising :ayatollah:

Also cardiff have won the most away games this season so far with 10 victories out of a possible 21. Drawing 3 and loosing 8.

And Cardiff are 3rd, for the most goals scored away from home with 33 of them
1st is Watford with 35 and 2nd is Reading with 34

Its getting closer and closer untill the top two will be decided. It is now crunch time, people love this type of feeling, others hate it.

But whatever you feel about the run in, has nothing to do with giving 100% support to the players.

Dave Jones said in a interview that you can manipulate stats in any way shape or form you want to, so i will :D

We have won 4 games in a row, making that 6 games unbeaten
Before that, we went 4 games without a victory

I know i said this earlier, but, after the DJ rant after Barnsley i recon it changed the approach of the players, against millwall we played dirty, which we didnt do before, and since then we have looked like a top 2 team.

I also think we have the pyscological edge over Reading and Norwich due to the fact that we have one player who is passionate to this club more than anything.

Craig Bellamy wants success at this club, and i personally feel that he could be the reason that we do go up. He is now leading by example and wants others to do the same, and i really think they are.

Look at Paul Quinn now, he was a no body at the start of the season, now he's our number 1 RB (with kev playing CB/LB) He has shone, and its what we all like to see.

I do have to critisise DJ. Saying that we would say that Bellamy was the best player due to the fact that he is Welsh. Maybe he's right in one way but, when he says the likes of Whitts, Olly were at the same ability, i feel that he was wrong. The past 4/5 games, Bellamy has shown his premership class, and people want to follow suit :D

Even in the dark days when we lost against Palace and Ipswich and drew against Barnsley, i still told people on here that i believed that we would still make the top 2. And i am on track ;)

We must keep up the good work, and support the boys 100%

BLUEBIRDSSS

"defiantly peeking"

Is that some reference to a voyeur in breach of a banning order?

Or are we definitely peaking instead? :roll:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:08 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Will you be doing a summer stat update on Glamorgan or is your username unrelated?

Got to fill those terrible boring summer months somehow, so yes please :D

Re: " MONDAY 18TH APRIL - STATISTIC UPDATE "

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Got to fill those terrible boring summer months somehow, so yes please :D

if you make a poll, and see if anyone else would be interested in glamorgan stats i would be up for it