Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHAT MONEY COULD NOT BUY "

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:25 pm

" WHAT MONEY COULD NOT BUY "

GUTS/PASSION/DESIRE/LEADERSHIP and LOVE FOR CARDIFF CITY

THATS WHAT " CRAIG BELLAMY " HAS and THATS WHY WE ARE 2nd in THE LEAGUE.

Plus to Add to This he is a GENUINE PREMIERSHIP PLAYER,WHO COULD OF STILL PLAYED THERE THIS SEASON, But instead he opted for his home town Club while still at the Peak of His Career,Not just Opted Bells Rang DJ and Asked to come here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we had,had a leader like Bells the previous 2 Seasons We would of Probably gone up in My Opinion.

Also the extra Bonus, of which I Love he stands up to DJ and controls our Dressing Room :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WHAT MONEY COULD NOT BUY "

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:28 pm

A brilliant player and person to have at the club. IMO only the last month has he looked really fit and is now looking like the player I expected to come here. I wouldnt seap him for anyone else in this run in thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 pm

even if he doesnt get us up, i will always have him down as a city legend. for the fact that he dropped down a divison to go to his hometown club to get us up there :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A brilliant player and person to have at the club. IMO only the last month has he looked really fit and is now looking like the player I expected to come here. I wouldnt seap him for anyone else in this run in thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Luke, I agree and money could Not Buy the WILL TO SUCCEED and DESIRE TO GET CARDIFF CITY to THE PREMIERSHIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:33 pm

glammy74 wrote:even if he doesnt get us up, i will always have him down as a city legend. for the fact that he dropped down a divison to go to his hometown club to get us up there :ayatollah:

Yes Glammy, people should appreciate that more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:34 pm

i know cardiff is his hometown club but i can't think of any players that come close. it's good to hear about bellamy in carls updates....mentioning how he is a true leader and sets standards within the dressing room, in training and on the pitch. couldn't replace him in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:" WHAT MONEY COULD NOT BUY "

Plus to Add to This he is a GENUINE PREMIERSHIP PLAYER,WHO COULD OF STILL PLAYED THERE THIS SEASON, But instead he opted for his home town Club while still at the Peak of His Career,Not just Opted Bells Rang DJ and Asked to come here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we had,had a leader like Bells the previous 2 Seasons We would of Probably gone up in My Opinion.

Also the extra Bonus, of which I Love he stands up to DJ and controls our Dressing Room :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its taken bellers a while to show what a class act he is but im not complaining about the timing of it, the whole team are following his desire to battle for every ball for ninty mins of every game, thats all we ask for from our team roll on sat :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:03 pm

I reeeeeeeaally hope he stays with us!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A brilliant player and person to have at the club. IMO only the last month has he looked really fit and is now looking like the player I expected to come here. I wouldnt seap him for anyone else in this run in thats for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No coincidence that it has come at the same time with him moving into the middle. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Zabier wrote:

No coincidence that it has come at the same time with him moving into the middle. :ayatollah:

Interesting point as in previous games when he had moved upfront I thought he looked a bit lost and wasted but the last few games he has looked very sharp.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Bellers is our best ever signing. End of.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Ive been saying it all season, we are unbelievably lucky to have Bellamy at our club! Once he had got over his injury problems his class was always going to shine and the last month he has been out of this world! His work rate is second to none whilst he must be the best crosser of the ball in the championship, he put 5-6 top class balls in on Saturday alone that premiership strikers would have put away! However, just like Annis, for me his biggest quality is his leadership on and off the pitch! He is literally dragging this club towards the premier league and is inspiring everyone around him! Weve been crying out for leadership like this for a long time! His last few games have reminded me of David Beckham's performance against Greece in 2001!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Playing like a warrior :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

From Facebook

John Dimblebee, Stuart Smiler Pritchard, Danny Jones and 2 others like this.

Mark Price
Spot on annis mate
about an hour ago · Unlike · 2 people

Sam Raul Sarrionandia
class player who's getting the best out of everyone else
about an hour ago · Unlike · 1 person

Ceri Gravenor
He is bang on form at exactly the right time and we love him, I for one, won't stop believing :D
about an hour ago · Like · 1 person

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Superb player, we are so fortunate to have him here this season.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Fantastic example of loyalty and belonging, determination and sacrifice.
The impact Bellamy is having on Cardiff and Welsh football should not be overlooked.
This could be a legacy that will live on in Welsh football for many years.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm

"If we had,had a leader like Bells the previous 2 Seasons We would of Probably gone up in My Opinion"
So, what your now saying is that it's not DJ's fault that we haven't been promoted, it's down to having no leader on the pitch? So now your supporting DJ! They do say that City fans are very fickle :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm

He's been brilliant.

And to think, some people were slating him not that long ago, calling him this season's Robbie Fowler! :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

"If we had,had a leader like Bells the previous 2 Seasons We would of Probably gone up in My Opinion"
So, what your now saying is that it's not DJ's fault that we haven't been promoted, it's down to having no leader on the pitch? So now your supporting DJ! They do say that City fans are very fickle :lol:

:shock: :shock:
DEF NOT and NEVER WILL, DJ Does not like leaders and Bells Asked to come, DJ Could not turn him down, DJ would of been HUNG DRAWN and QUARTERED, THE ONLY FICKLE FAN IS YOU,I HAVE NEVER BEEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I've NEVER EVER CHANGED MY MIND ON DJ in 6 YRS.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Who would have thought as we went to places like Exeter and Darlington years ago that we would be on the brink of the premiership and have a real legend playing for us. I love Bellamys workrate and attitude and you can tell he really wants to be here. Would love to sign him permanently :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

:shock: :shock:
DEF NOT and NEVER WILL, DJ Does not like leaders and Bells Asked to come, DJ Could not turn him down, DJ would of been HUNG DRAWN and QUARTERED, THE ONLY FICKLE FAN IS YOU,I HAVE NEVER BEEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I've NEVER EVER CHANGED MY MIND ON DJ in 6 YRS.

No one is above being fickle, no matter how loyal they are, because football is an emotional game, and more often than not we speak with our heart and not with our heads, which is what you just did. Don't worry, as I say, even the most logical amongst us make statements from the heart. I agree, I am as fickle as the rest, I have maintained however, for the last 18 months that DJ should have gone, and I still believe that, if we get promoted, I would still say change the manager, as i don't think that he is up to that standard. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Lets hope that IF we do go up, Bellers, Cardiff and Man City can come to some arrangements to keep him at CCFC for at least another season. Surely Bellamy WANTS to represent his home city in the best league in the world. We need him in the squad to progress to the next level, and Im pretty sure Bellamy could persuade a few other players to consider coming to us? All sorts of shit going on in that Big CITY! ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Leystoneblue

No one is above being fickle, no matter how loyal they are, because football is an emotional game, and more often than not we speak with our heart and not with our heads, which is what you just did. Don't worry, as I say, even the most logical amongst us make statements from the heart. I agree, I am as fickle as the rest, I have maintained however, for the last 18 months that DJ should have gone, and I still believe that, if we get promoted, I would still say change the manager, as i don't think that he is up to that standard

But I stand by what I have always Said about DJ and I still Don't Rate him and Would Def not want him to be here next season, SO WHERE DID I EVER CHANGE MY MIND /

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Agreed playing really well and a massive influence to the team, he can do it for us !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Leystoneblue

No one is above being fickle, no matter how loyal they are, because football is an emotional game, and more often than not we speak with our heart and not with our heads, which is what you just did. Don't worry, as I say, even the most logical amongst us make statements from the heart. I agree, I am as fickle as the rest, I have maintained however, for the last 18 months that DJ should have gone, and I still believe that, if we get promoted, I would still say change the manager, as i don't think that he is up to that standard

But I stand by what I have always Said about DJ and I still Don't Rate him and Would Def not want him to be here next season, SO WHERE DID I EVER CHANGE MY MIND /

By implying that Bellamys leadership qualities would have got us promoted had they been present over the last 2 years, then surely your opinion has softened on DJs managerial inadequacies and ability or lack of, to get this team promoted? There is surely no doubt that DJ, would have jumped at the chance to bring Bellamy on board at any given time had the opportunity presented itself. If anything what your pointing out, is that DJ, given complete backing and being able to bring in the players he felt he really needed, rather than making do, would have got us promoted 2 seasons ago.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Annis, great post up until you said "even if we get promoted you'd still change the manager"!

Now even I, one of the fickle ones at times (and I have said that myself!), think that taking a managers reward away from him would be madness! He has worked extremely hard this season to get his side into the premier league, and hes not far off doing so..... we'd be struggling to survive anyway, so I dont see what difference it would make to take Jones' end of season reward away from him at the first attempt! He deserves his chance at the big time if he can get us there......

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Funny how jones has been blamed for bellamy poor form early on in season now its not to his enefit that bellamy is performing , cant win either way ........bellamy amazing , dont forget jones wanted him , lives near him and met him lng before he signed to make it happen

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Merlin wrote:

Annis, great post up until you said "even if we get promoted you'd still change the manager"!

Now even I, one of the fickle ones at times (and I have said that myself!), think that taking a managers reward away from him would be madness! He has worked extremely hard this season to get his side into the premier league, and hes not far off doing so..... we'd be struggling to survive anyway, so I dont see what difference it would make to take Jones' end of season reward away from him at the first attempt! He deserves his chance at the big time if he can get us there......

Merlin, it's just a gut feeling, that I feel that DJ is limited. Don't get me wrong, he is not a bad manager, nowhere near it, i just feel there would be better managers out there, who not only more tactically aware, but would hopefully have a bit of personality about them! PR at the club is shocking, i know that DJ would laugh at that, and maintain he is there just to get results, but the very best managers are more than that. since he has been at the club, over 6 years, he still maintains this persona of them and us, it aint healthy!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:04 pm

I believe it's Bellers who's getting the extra effort and fight out of the players by motivating, leading by example and keeping on the other players cases when they slack off a bit, some of the things our manager should be doing. If we gain promotion either auto or play offs most of the credit should go to Bellers not Jonesy! He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see what this club and city mean to him, most of the time Jonesy gives statements that start.."People from this part of the world", followed by comments about expecting too much from the team, well Jonesy, Bellers is "from this part of the world" and he shows the passion and commitment of many City fans, shame it's not shared by our manager who unfortunately is "not from this part of the world".