Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what would we need to happen for us to go up after boro game

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:11 pm

what would we need to happen for us to go up after boro game. Can't work it out , if we win our next 3 and Norwich and reading lose 1 game each , wud that be enough?

Re: what would we need to happen for us to go up after boro game

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm

im not sure but i dont want to go to burnley needing anything a win or a draw :shock:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Yeah, Would need to win the next three including Boro and hope Norwich & Reading lose one of their next three I think. Matematically we'd then be 4 points ahead of Norwich going into the final day and 6 points ahead of Reading :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 pm

McMurdo wrote:Yeah, Would need to win the next three including Boro and hope Norwich & Reading lose one of their next three I think. Matematically we'd then be 4 points ahead of Norwich going into the final day and 6 points ahead of Reading :ayatollah:

If that happened, there would be a huge pitch invasion. And I might join in this time :D

Would be amazing if this was the scenario.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

us to win 3 games and the chasing 2 to draw we will go up by 3 points or more

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
McMurdo wrote:Yeah, Would need to win the next three including Boro and hope Norwich & Reading lose one of their next three I think. Matematically we'd then be 4 points ahead of Norwich going into the final day and 6 points ahead of Reading :ayatollah:

If that happened, there would be a huge pitch invasion. And I might join in this time :D

It does make for an exciting prospect, and we've been great on current form. But I'm struggling to see us taking 6 points from QPR and Preston! If we do however... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Just thinking if we our next 3 we only need reading to draw and Norwich to lose 1.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

Norwich play Pompey away at 7.45pm on the same day so Im guessing we wouldnt get any promotion until the result of that game is known ? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 pm

the jacks, norwich and reading would need to lose their next two games,, and we'd need to win our next two games to get promoted :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

Norwich play Pompey away at 7.45pm on the same day so Im guessing we wouldnt get any promotion until the result of that game is known ? :ayatollah:

Unless they drop another three points before then.. Norwich have their local derby with Ipswich this weekend too don't they? we know derbys never go to form, but Ipswich have one their last four in a row I think! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:53 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

jus get on the pitch at turf moor :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 pm

To be assured of promotion at final whistle of boro game we need one the following

If we drop 0 pts in next 3 then we need norwich to drop 3 pts from 2 games, reading to drop 1 pt from 3 games
If we drop 2 pts then norwich need to drop 5 pts from 2 games, reading to drop 3 pts from 3 games
If we drop 3 pts then norwich need to drop 6 pts from 2 games, reading to drop 4 pts from 3 games

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:35 pm

dont get ahead of yourselfs boys lets do qpr first :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:35 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:dont get ahead of yourselfs boys lets do qpr first :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: