Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The QPR situation again

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:55 pm

It would appear that the general opinion is that the FA are delaying the hearing to ensure that any deduction of points will result in them still going up, however if you take the opposite view in that Dave Jones in one of his interviews has stated that the charges against them are serious then possibly the FA are waiting to make sure that any points deduction will mean promotion will have to be obtained via the play offs. Other teams have been punished with 15 and 30 point deductions in the past, it all depends how serious the charges are because no one really knows

Re: The QPR situation again

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I would rather see them lose tonight and then we beat them sat and take it from there, i would love to finish above them and win the league fairly big ask mind

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 pm

evans above wrote:I would rather see them lose tonight and then we beat them sat and take it from there, i would love to finish above them and win the league fairly big ask mind

Winning by points deduction is fair since they have cheated.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:It would appear that the general opinion is that the FA are delaying the hearing to ensure that any deduction of points will result in them still going up, however if you take the opposite view in that Dave Jones in one of his interviews has stated that the charges against them are serious then possibly the FA are waiting to make sure that any points deduction will mean promotion will have to be obtained via the play offs. Other teams have been punished with 15 and 30 point deductions in the past, it all depends how serious the charges are because no one really knows

the 15 and 30 point deductions were over financial irregularities and going into administration this is over having a player who was owned by a third party playing for them for over a season.
Its a similar thing to the tevez saga but the football league were furious over the way the premier league handled that situation and it would not suprise me if the football league came down hard on qpr as to set an example.
as i have said previous some clubs have had 3 points deducted for having an ineligible player in one game so this situation is far graver than that