Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST THE MOTIVATION OUR PLAYERS NEED

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am

The PFA team of the year for the championship-NOT ONE of our players are in it....

Lets hope this gets our players raring to go and to prove a point

Re: JUST THE MOTIVATION OUR PLAYERS NEED

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

A very good point. Pin that team sheet on the dressing room door! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 am

thats just ridiculous that eh! lets ram that back down their throat!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

i thought whitts or olofinjana or even mcnaughton might of been in it

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I expected Jay and Super Kev to be in it

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Just shows how much we are hated throughout the league.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I've made this subject a sticky as there isnt one up yet discussing the PFA team of the year, although the voting took place a while back, SURELY Cardiff City deserve to have at least one player in that team.

There isn't one! So now we have to rally on and show exactly why we should have had that player selected!

Off the top of my own head, an inspirational season so far for Bellamy, a very good season for Whittingham thats possibly seen him score the goal of the season at home to Barnsley, and a strong consistent performance for one of the best full backs in this league - Kevin McNaughton.

But, as spoken of alot recently - it hasnt happened, and now we push on and the fans of CCFC will support and appreciate our lads as usual in our own way on saturday starting against QPR :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 pm

We are not interested in personal accolades its all about the team and the biggest accolade is promotion thats our aim. but congrats to those who was in team of the year

Jay on twitter

1. Great response :ayatollah:
2. He can spell accolade :lol:
3. He can spell accolade >>>> Twice :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 pm

bluebirdlewis wrote:
We are not interested in personal accolades its all about the team and the biggest accolade is promotion thats our aim. but congrats to those who was in team of the year

Jay on twitter

1. Great response :ayatollah:
2. He can spell accolade :lol:
3. He can spell accolade >>>> Twice :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Either I'm dyslexic or he's spelt it the same way you have, which is correct, I know for a FACT as I just looked it up in a dictionary :D

Which brings me to the point of a dictionary, from what I can remember from school days, which isn't too much, we were told if you can't spell a word look it up in the dictionary. Many years later I thought to myself, if I can't spell the f*cking word in the first place how the hell am I supposed to find it in a dictionary!! :?

Anyway you should leave that spelling nonsense to claude blue and his gang of bed weters on the young uns board!!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Awwww how sweet, you remember me!!!!

Jays tweet has one error as he uses the past tense "was" instead of the correct use of the present tense i.e. "are."

Proof that he does read this board as it's a common mistake that most of you make :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Does this show 1. How well our team have done despite no-one in Chamionship team
2. Our over hyped expectation that we have best players etc etc

We are doing amazing - cast our minds back to august where survival was our goal , if we had had all our team then maybe now we wouod have been 5 or 6 points ahead , sheff utd would have beeen a win , all ifs and buts but lets support our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:48 pm

ccfcdor wrote:The PFA team of the year for the championship-NOT ONE of our players are in it....

Good Call ccfcdor - Would it be a first,if/when we go up,that a team promoted did not have 1 player in the PFA team of the season :?:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Well it is the CHAMPIONSHIP team of the year and all our players are PREMIERSHIP standard, so fair's fair those selected are welcome to the recongition as we are off else where.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Awwww how sweet, you remember me!!!!

Jays tweet has one error as he uses the past tense "was" instead of the correct use of the present tense i.e. "are."

Proof that he does read this board as it's a common mistake that most of you make :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can one forget you young claude me lad :lol:

I have no idea who reads this board but wouldn't be suprised if some of the players did although I think the misconception is that they'd care too much. Probably used as dressing room banter if anything as these guys are used to several thousand people chanting various insults at them from the, was going to write terraces, seats :? Calling a player lazy, etc on a message board is unlikely to get to someone who has had a few thousand people singing "you're a wanker" and so forth at him.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

ccfcdor wrote:The PFA team of the year for the championship-NOT ONE of our players are in it....

If anyone hasn't seen this is the team. To be fair I can't really make a case for any of our players to be in over any of these. Keinan would maybe be in had he been here all year. Bellamy ain't gonna be picked ahead of Sinclair and rightly not. Bothroyd would have been had he kept his form going but he hasn't so isn't.

Kenny (QPR),
Naughton (Leicester),
Harte (Reading),
Williams (Swansea),
Morgan (Nottm Forest),
Taarabt (QPR),
Sinclair (Swansea),
King (Leicester),
Hoolahan (Norwich),
Graham (Watford),
Holt (Norwich).