Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LETTER TO THE NEWSPAPERS

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 am

This is a copy of the standard blurb I have sent out to papers and media, feel free to do what you want to with the key points, I just want to get it out there and make it a success and help Scott out, Cheers in advance. Gwyn

Following on from our chat this morning, here's a bit of background.

A group of fans from one of the Cardiff City message boards i.e the Cardiff City FC forum have formed a group to help raise funds for the Scott Young's grass root football training centres and schemes that he runs.

These have been a real success story since they were set up several years ago in-spite of the financial constraints placed upon them. The clubs financial problems have been well documented over recent years and during times such as these with money as tight as it as been developing and making funds available to find and train the future Cardiff City stars of the future as sadly not been one of the major priorities when trying to keep afloat and stay in business. But despite this, Scott and his team have managed to create a great Grass Roots set up and hopefully with some extra funding these schemes can go from strength to strength.

We have set up a Scott's Young Guns initiative and on Friday the 22nd of April, the night before the QPR home game we are holding a Scott's Young Guns road show, this will involve a Q&A session with some former Cardiff City legends who will be coming along with Scott. There are plenty of things planned to make sure everyone has a good night whilst raising money for this worthwhile scheme. This is taking place in the heart of the Rhondda, a real hotbed of loyal Cardiff City support, the event will be held in Morgans bar in the centre of Tonypandy and will kick of at 8pm.

On the following day at the home game with QPR, 30 youngsters from one of the training centres will be coming along to help with a bucket collection at the stadium. The theme for the day is "BRING A QUID AND HELP A KID" hopefully, these kids will be highly visible wearing Scott Young Guns shirts and carrying banners with Logos such as "HELP ME BECOME THE NEXT AARON RAMSEY" etc.

We have been given the full backing and support of the club's management and owners who are impressed and proud that the fans are playing such an active part in doing something so positive for the children of this area and hopefully giving lots of kids the chance to develop to their full potential, and whilst the vast majority may never make it to the very top they should at the very least all benefit from the top class coaching they will receive. This can only be a positive for football throughout wales in general, many of these kids finding their way into local leagues and even the semi pro leagues helping us to move forward as a football nation at every level.

Big thanks to Barrie Mac at the club for geeting us a spread in the programme and to Ali for the mention.

Re: LETTER TO THE NEWSPAPERS

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 am

Gwyn,

I know the work you have put into this, and the hours of your time that you have given freely. I am so glad you have set up the first night and I know that you have plans to organise more throughout supporter areas.

I wish you and the team all the best and know if anyone will make this happen it will be you as you care about the youth of the area and the club.

Good luck

Clive

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

It will be a great night and a chance to talk to some of the ex players that we supported over the years...good letter Gwyn

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

Top work Gwyn, superb effort! I'll be bringing along an extra £10 on sat to pop into the collection buckets :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Cheers mate

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Well done gwyn and everyone else involved in raising the money your doing a great job :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Great work as always :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes Gwyn, I'm glad you accepted to be the Chairman of the " YOUNG GUNS " Fund :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant work Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 pm

See you friday night Gwyn, cheers Nev :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm just a small part of this, it really is a team effort, I'm just the chospy mouthy publicity seeking bloke that gets wheeled out for these ventures. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's just great to feel useful and help the club that I love, I'm sure most of us feel like that, and we can play our part by supporting this venture in any small way we can, we are part of a special club, but to me it's the fans that make it special. :old:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Great news Gwyn. Was really good to meet you.

If you need help at all mate, you know where I am. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 am

Cheers fella, you gonna be a big asset. :ayatollah: