Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Ninian Pub !!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 pm

placid-casual wrote:I agree lets move to Cowbridge Rd somewhere where you can get served within 30 Minutes and does not smell of cabbage! :D

:lol: :lol: Come to the Ivor Placid, Good food menu too. :ayatollah:

Re: The Ninian Pub !!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm

At last, a thread on my favourite subject!!!!

Firstly The Ninian, stopped going there a few seasons ago as the beer was overpriced and very poor indeed! But after the recent revamp and the AAMB get togethers in the lounge, recently decided to return and was pleasantly suprised. The city memorobilia and the excellent Brains Black and better prices was very pleasing! However we keep missing the Forum get together as we literally get there for a swifty before KO, of course its well quiet then as most have left for the game. However made effort to get there earlier on Sat, so we left Kiwis bought a four pack and walked straight to the Ninian, great to bump into fellow Caerleonite Milly. :ayatollah: But had no chance to mingle and introduce myself to Annis, Carl and fellow forum users as I queued to get a round in for half an hour!!!!! Simply no bar staff (friendly but no numbers!) So wont be going there at that time again unless they get more staff and will return to our 245 stop off there for a shot of JD in a plastic half glass for the walk up Sloper Rd!

Been getting off the train and starting in Kiwis recently, love it in there! Onto POW then a couple of cans for the walk to Canton where we normally sample Forresters (more about that later!) Ivor Davies (best for prices and quality beers) The liberal club (brilliant in there) and occasionally the corp and the chapter to look at the thespian totty!!! Popped into the Canton Cross for the first time in a while and it was top fun in there! The Canton used to be banging before the refit, and The Butchers is also a good alternative, for a bit of Phoenix Nights meets Rileys theres The Potters also!!!

The creme de la creme though is The Forresters (known by some as The Madhouse!) love it in there, rough, ready and does what it says on the tin! Banging music, mega sing alongs, full of fellow drunkards up for a laugh and a chat, and a naked man on the pool table leading choruses of Hey Jude! See you there Sat morning! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: