Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Ninian Pub !!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:54 pm

To be honest i think the Pubs days are numbered. On a Match day it is used to the Maximum but even after the game the place is Dead. I cant imagine what its like on non match days. But to be honest i now don't like even drinking in Canton on match days, i hate with a passion drinking out of plastic cups. That's why i prefer the City Centre for having a proper glass.
Back to the Ninian Pub!! also it has no atmosphere or character about the place and if it was my local i would not use it. I dont even know what they could do to change it but to be honest i cant see it surviving for long on the basis of 2 hours before the game. My honest opinion.

Re: The Ninian Pub !!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 pm

the neville in grangetown is the place to be pre and post match :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 pm

The bouncer is a jumped up prick aswell!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:The bouncer is a jumped up prick aswell!

He has you sussed Thomas Boy. I find him very courteous Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm

The Nin was always my local over the years but the last 8-10 has just gone to nothing

it is always dead nothing going on and who wants to pay extortionate rates mid week when if you wanna drink you can do it cheap in the house with friends and have a fag indoors

all pub dyas are numbered!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:50 am

Fair play they are trying hard--footie on Sky. Karaoke on Saturday Carvery 4.99

Its just in a bad spot with too much competition.

I had a pint of real ale in Witherspoons yesterday for 1.55 then a few pints of Carlsberg in the Corp and Clive for 1.99

Hard for them to compete

I just dont know whats happening to our pubs-- I went past the Vic Park tonight and there looked like about 6 people in there and the Clive had about 12 in.

I think young people more are much more boring and lacking in personality than us over 40s.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

Nuclearblue wrote:To be honest i think the Pubs days are numbered. On a Match day it is used to the Maximum but even after the game the place is Dead. I cant imagine what its like on non match days. But to be honest i now don't like even drinking in Canton on match days, i hate with a passion drinking out of plastic cups. That's why i prefer the City Centre for having a proper glass.
Back to the Ninian Pub!! also it has no atmosphere or character about the place and if it was my local i would not use it. I dont even know what they could do to change it but to be honest i cant see it surviving for long on the basis of 2 hours before the game. My honest opinion.

Steve start drinking in the Ivor Davies mate in Canton it is a wetherspoons and they serve bow in glass before the game and straight after.
I too am pissed off drinking out of plastic as i was loyal to the canton cross for years but now the wetherspoons for me. :ayatollah:
Not bad prices either and more choice of drink :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:54 am

We started in the Kiwi bar in town last weekend. Beer was £1.75 a pint :ayatollah:
Moved onto Prince then into ground. I never drink in the ground tho, its foul.
Back into town after the game then. Although i do enjoy a nice pint in the Corp or Cornwall (depending which way we walk back)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:To be honest i think the Pubs days are numbered. On a Match day it is used to the Maximum but even after the game the place is Dead. I cant imagine what its like on non match days. But to be honest i now don't like even drinking in Canton on match days, i hate with a passion drinking out of plastic cups. That's why i prefer the City Centre for having a proper glass.

Steve start drinking in the Ivor Davies mate in Canton it is a wetherspoons and they serve bow in glass before the game and straight after.
I too am pissed off drinking out of plastic as i was loyal to the canton cross for years but now the wetherspoons for me. :ayatollah:

That Lee sounds very tempting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

That Lee sounds very tempting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will look out for you Steve :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Neville fo me nice pint in a glass,hate plastic shit.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Not only does drinking out of a plastic cup in the Ninian turn the drink fowl and warm - but it makes me feel like an under-age Chav, I think if they dont go back to glass like most other pubs in Canton, I might have to start finding somewhere else to drink! fed up of having to down 4 cans on the way in now!!! :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:The bouncer is a jumped up prick aswell!

Say what you think don't hold back :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Annis you are very quiet on this subject. But what are the chances of getting proper glasses and not just for yourself bought back to the Ninian ? What are the stats for trouble in the Ninian pub before a game in the last ten years ? I bet it is f**k all. But what pisses me off is they use those really shiity plastic cups and it makes a pint like shit and to be honest if there is a pub in Cnton that uses glasses then i am of there. :cry: :cry:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Merlin wrote:Not only does drinking out of a plastic cup in the Ninian turn the drink fowl and warm - but it makes me feel like an under-age Chav, I think if they dont go back to glass like most other pubs in Canton, I might have to start finding somewhere else to drink! fed up of having to down 4 cans on the way in now!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dunno where you drunk when you were underage but plastic glasses wernt even invented then!

;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Jez wrote:
Merlin wrote:Not only does drinking out of a plastic cup in the Ninian turn the drink fowl and warm - but it makes me feel like an under-age Chav, I think if they dont go back to glass like most other pubs in Canton, I might have to start finding somewhere else to drink! fed up of having to down 4 cans on the way in now!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dunno where you drunk when you were underage but plastic glasses wernt even invented then!

;)

Yeah to be fair though Jez you are a generation above from Merlin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm staying out of this one, :shock: but apparently the breakfast is very good. ;) :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Jez wrote:

;)

Yeah to be fair though Jez you are a generation above from Merlin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a class above him too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

;)[/quote]
Yeah to be fair though Jez you are a generation above from Merlin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

I am a class above him too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)[/quote]
Oh yes a Lady to the End. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

I popped in The Ninian after the game on Sat, to see if anyone was around, had one beer (plastic cup Nukes :lol: ) and thought bollox to this and went to the Forresters instead. Hate beer in plastic glasses :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Only bother with the ninian on a tues nite game, on a sat we jump off the train go for a pint in the great western,then POW and then watch the early ko prem game in the cornwall :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 pm

[quote="Marc"]I popped in The Ninian after the game on Sat, to see if anyone was around, had one beer (plastic cup Nukes :lol: ) and thought bollox to this and went to the Forresters instead. Hate beer in plastic glasses :twisted: :twisted:[
Marc it if f*cking disgusting and to be charged nearly £3 for the pleasure is a f*cking rip off. I thinks it is boycot the Ninian until it behaves like a normal pub and serves beer Lager cider in a glass like it should do :evil: :evil: . I was in there on Sat Chief after the game until the Semi had finished sorry i missed you

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Chief, I will be at the QPR game on Sat and will make sure I meet up with you for a beer :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Really - how did you come to those results......

Judging by my measurements - im about 8 or 9 glasses above you! :lol: ;)

and I said it MAKES ME FEEL like an under age chav - not that it reminded me of anything! ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I agree lets move to Cowbridge Rd somewhere where you can get served within 30 Minutes and does not smell of cabbage! :D

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 pm

placid-casual wrote:I agree lets move to Cowbridge Rd somewhere where you can get served within 30 Minutes and does not smell of cabbage! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ivor Davies Chief before QPR :D

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Merlin wrote:

and I said it MAKES ME FEEL like an under age chav - not that it reminded me of anything! ;)

I aint getting into WHAT YOU FEEL ! you're on ya own! ;)

I only drink shorts :D

AND i'm still a class above you lol not Glass :D :ayatollah:

Oh, and I support Swansea when Cardiff aint playing. so there. ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Ivor Davies it is then! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Jez wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I aint getting into WHAT YOU FEEL ! you're on ya own! ;)

I only drink shorts :D

AND i'm still a class above you lol not Glass :D :ayatollah:

Oh, and I support Swansea when Cardiff aint playing. so there.
;)

Shocking! :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

OI BUM BOY GET THAT OFF YOU BLOODY MODS TAKE THE PISS WITH YOUR LITTLE BUTTONS!

ONLY BUTTON YOU CAN WORK RIGHT !
;)

Ya mrs told me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: