Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY 17th APRIL 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Craig Bellamy is dragging this team forward the only way he knows how, with sheer hard work and commitment expected from every quarter. It is not just coincidence that we have seen a marked difference in Bellamy's play and fitness and the upturn in results. I understand that Craig Bellamy suggested that the team turned up for the game much earlier than normal, the players usually arrive around 1pm but yesterday Bellamy requested, and it was granted, that everyone get in there for 12pm.

I understand that the majority of the squad were able to make it for the earlier time and only a couple of players came in at 1pm, due to other commitments.

Even today, I am told, Bellamy suggested that the whole team comes in to training for a light session and a warm down at the Vale. There is a camaraderie amongst the players and staff and they are working together to pull off the season target of automatic promotion. I have said previously on here that the management and players believe that we will go up automatic and that was at a time when results were not so great in March, but the belief amongst the squad is infectious.

Bellamy's fitness programme has paid huge dividend's in the recent weeks and there is every reason to believe that he will play in each and every game through to the end of the season.

Some interesting news I heard this week regarding Craig Bellamy staying at Cardiff next season is that Craig is desperate to get us into the Premiership this year and that he does want to stay and have at least one season with us up there. I am told that City officials have spoken to Craig and his advisor's, and that the most City could pay Craig per week would be £30k. The biggest problem City would have would be what Man City want to do.

Cardiff City would not buy Craig out of his contract, I am told. Also if Craig, were to walk away from his Man City contract he would be giving up £5.4million to do so. That figure would be his pay, bonuses and marketing deals he has ongoing in Manchester. So the 2 clubs would have to come to an agreement where all parties would be satisfied with the outcome. But at least we know that Craig Bellamy wants to stay here.

Craig was desperate to come here during his prime and he has kept his word and done it, days before signing for City, he was offered a lucrative deal by David Moyes for him to go to Everton and he was given a guarantee of first team football but Craig told Moyes of his desire to take his home-town club to the Premier League.

4 weeks ago, I understand, that Craig Bellamy had a telephone conversation with Pele. For those of you that are not aware, Pele is the Honorary President of the New York Cosmos, the Cosmos do not actually have a team or a stadium at present but plans are in place for the club to become the 20th franchise in the MLS. The Cosmos name was bought by Paul Kemsley, an Englishman, once the Vice-Chairman of Tottenham. He enlisted the help of Pele and Eric Cantona, director of soccer, and former USA International Cobi Jones.

The plan is that the Cosmos will enter the MLS in 2 years time,2013. Pele, I believe, has personally asked Craig Bellamy to sign for the Cosmos, not bad is it, the World's greatest ever footballer ringing to ask if you will come and play for his club. At the moment Craig Bellamy is only focused on Cardiff City and becoming a legend here by taking us up to the Premiership.

I heard a warming story also this week on another Cardiff City great, Aaron Ramsey. I was told that when Aaron was a schoolboy and we were trying to get him to sign schoolboy forms with us, as there was interest from many clubs at the time, Aaron and his family were down at the training ground one particular day and Sam Hammam and Neil Kinnock were there. the group were all chatting for some time when Sam pulled Aaron's Grandfather to one side and said to him "You need to get that Grandson of yours to sign the forms for Cardiff City or I will lock him up in the Tower of London!" :lol: Why Sam said the Tower of London is anyone's guess but you can picture the scene.

Sam continued and told Aaron's family why he must sign for Cardiff and how he can and will develop through our academy, I am told it was Sam's persuasion and convincing that won the day and Aaron signed his forms for us.

Aaron was actually in school on the day that team was named to the squad to face Hull at Ninian Park on April 28th 2007, Aaron was called to the headmaster's office, where he took the call to say that he would be on the bench for game.

When Aaron captained Wales recently against England I understand that Arsene Wenger did not believe it was the correct decision at this time for Aaron to have the responsibility of being the National captain but believes that he will make an excellent captain in years to come.

Jay Bothroyd went off yesterday with a slight groin strain but is expected to return fully fit for the QPR game.

Tom Heaton is still troubled by his injury and will be assessed throughout the week but the hopes are high that he too will be fit for Saturday's encounter with QPR too.

On the subject of Heaton and his injury, I must say that I was surprised at the decision of one of the club's media department employees to put a statement out, half an hour after I put it on the board, refuting the speculation surrounding an injury to Tom Heaton, when it is clear that Tom is and was injured at that time. I do not wish to get into a slanging match with Mark but I do not see what was gained by the media department by doing so and if anything he probably made a fool of himself to me but at the same time made the club look a bit silly.

Michael Chopra is hopeful that he could be fit enough to feature in the squad for the Preston game.

This coming Saturday make sure you bring a "Quid for a Kid" as there is a bucket appeal at the Cardiff City stadium for the YOUNG GUNS initiative. Thanks to Gwyn who has put an amazing amount of time and effort into Young Guns and has come up with ideas such as wristbands you can buy on the day to show your support to the YOUNG GUNS.

Gwyn has arranged an evening at Morgan's Bar, Tonypandy on Friday 22nd April where it will kick off "SCOTT'S YOUNG GUNS ROAD SHOW", Scott will be bringing some old City legends for a Q&A night and a bit of fun whilst raising funds for his grass roots football centres and schemes. Please go along and support if you can attend I am sure it will be a great night.

Due to a recent illness our Young Guns Secretary Clive Sedgebeer,RidofRid, has had to step down from his role and involvement within the initiative, we would like to wish Clive a full and speedy recovery and also thank him for all his effort in setting up the bank account as well as many other things he did for the fundraising.

I am delighted to say that Gwyn has been able to bring Corky onboard recently and Corky has attended meetings with Gwyn and will become more actively involved from here on in.

Speaking of our development centres I was pleased to hear this week that we have brought in more youngsters to the West Glamorgan development centre from under the noses of our rivals Swansea. We have brought in the son of one of their main faces Mr T, I would like to wish his son all the best. Thankfully for him his Dad is happy for his son to be involved with Cardiff City.

For the Portsmouth game there were 2 arrests made, both of which were away supporters, over 1,600 Pompey fans attended.

Sam Hammam is currently in London and will be meeting his advisor's and City officials this week in further talks regarding Langston. If there is any major development then I am sure we will hear of it on here.

Preston away I still have some seats available but as expected they are selling fast so if you wish to book on follow the link for costs and times viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41791

138 games under Dave Jones we have scored first and we have only lost 6 of them. So 4 games and 4 early goals for us and we should be celebrating promotion to the Premiership http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28530384/

Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: STICKY : " SUNDAY 17th APRIL 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update Carl, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 pm

great update as usual. brilliant to hear craig being a true leader and captain. well done to all of the players for working hard behind the scenes. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Great post Carl lets hope the Langston issue can be sorted in everyones favour

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks again Carl, A very interesting read, Would be fantastic if we capture Bellers permanently when we go up and it would help in luring better players here i'm sure. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Any Bellamy news? :-)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Cheers Carl, great to read your update on Bellamy. There's no player I'd rather have at CCS next season than him.....true passionate Cardiffian leading from the front

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Cheers Carl, great to read your update on Bellamy. There's no player I'd rather have at CCS next season than him.....true passionate Cardiffian leading from the front

Same here, I feel the same about Bellamy, Good update as usual, Carl ALL POSITIVE, incl having Toozy's Son as one of our players :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank you as usual Carl, Im still rocking at Mr.T's son signing up for us. Love to be a fly on the wall when he told the old man :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 pm

great update carl ,bellamy is a legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks for the update but you got something wrong,The worlds greatest footballer with out a shadow of a doubt, is Diego Maradonna :D :D :D with Bellamy fast coming up on the rails IMO :D :D :D :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 pm

:D :ayatollah:

Another goods read cheers Carl

and YES you can deffo see that Bellers wants this BIG TIME and yes if it means a few changes to their usual schedule to get them feeling it all together good for him

this is where you can see his experience from top flight filtering!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Cheers Carl, great to read your update on Bellamy. There's no player I'd rather have at CCS next season than him.....true passionate Cardiffian leading from the front

Same here, I feel the same about Bellamy, Good update as usual, Carl ALL POSITIVE, incl having Toozy's Son as one of our players :lol:

toozys is a bluebird toozys is a bluebird na na na na ,na na na na :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:46 pm

CHEERS CARL!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Amazing Pele must have a subscription to Cardiff City player to be so well clued up on Craig Bellamy :idea:

I always thought he was a smart cookie but I can see trouble brewing as Kevin McNaughton will be next to get an offer from NYC :shock:

Any way a new chant "Pele is a Bluebird, Pele is a Bluebird" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks Carl for your best wishes and I am glad to say I am on my way back ! I am glad Gwyn has managed to bring Corky on board and know he will bring his experience to benefit the cause.
I will do all I can in the background to help the Young Guns as I still very much believe in the initiative.

Clive

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 pm

great update carl keep it coming m8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Without trying to put a damper on anything. Its a wee bit disturbing
that an 'on loan' player is the one digging deep and trying everything
he can to get the team spirit right. All kudos to Craig by the way but
I cant help thinking why the hell the manager hasn't thought of stuff
like this MONTHS ago.

Just how detached from the players is he??

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:Without trying to put a damper on anything. Its a wee bit disturbing
like this MONTHS ago.

Dave it is more a case of Bellamy putting his stamp on the team as well as Dave Jones' management style, don't view it as negative because it is working :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Without trying to put a damper on anything. Its a wee bit disturbing
like this MONTHS ago.

Dave it is more a case of Bellamy putting his stamp on the team as well as Dave Jones' management style, don't view it as negative because it is working :ayatollah:

Ive been dead negative this last few days haven't I :? :error:

Im going through the change i am mate, sorry! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Great update Carl, hope we can sort something with Craig - even if its another season-long loan.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

ridofrid wrote:Thanks Carl for your best wishes and I am glad to say I am on my way back ! I am glad Gwyn has managed to bring Corky on board and know he will bring his experience to benefit the cause.
I will do all I can in the background to help the Young Guns as I still very much believe in the initiative.

Clive

Great to hear Clive :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm

cheers carl for the update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:58 pm

All good news, Carl....thanks

Best get to bed now for a rest....!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:02 pm

cheers, another great update.

nothing would make me happier than seeing bellers leading and captaining us in the premiership! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:25 pm

who the f**k is mr T ??? TATE ?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

16silverhillbobbank wrote:who the f**k is mr T ??? TATE ?

TOOZY Their top Boy :lol: