Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR POINT DEDUCTION!!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:35 pm

A cardiff youth coach met with an FA board memeber and has said QPR will face a points deduction :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: QPR POINT DEDUCTION!!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:37 pm

I heard Different, I heard it will be just a fine.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I heard Different, I heard it will be just a fine.

dont they call fines bribes? :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

dont they call fines bribes? :D

:lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:42 pm

HalbertCCFC wrote:A cardiff youth coach met with an FA board memeber and has said QPR will face a points deduction :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

QPR are so far ahead they can probably afford a points donation :lol: Well next Saturday would be a good place to start 8-)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Really is pointless debating all this lads. We still need to win at least three
and draw one or bothe Norwich and Reading will overtake us anyway :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:46 pm

taffyapple wrote:Really is pointless debating all this lads. We still need to win at least three

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Really is pointless debating all this lads. We still need to win at least three

:ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm

HalbertCCFC wrote:A cardiff youth coach met with an FA board memeber and has said QPR will face a points deduction :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

that span me out for a second then :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:58 pm

It wont make the slightest bit of difference, they have pissed this league and thoroughly deserve their promotion.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:11 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

It wont make the slightest bit of difference, they have pissed this league and thoroughly deserve their promotion.

It won't affect them anyway, if they are 6 points clear it will be a 5 point deduction, it they are 4 it will be a 3 point deduction, they should do it now before they know how many points they will need.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

It won't affect them anyway, if they are 6 points clear it will be a 5 point deduction, it they are 4 it will be a 3 point deduction, they should do it now before they know how many points they will need.

You were doing alright until your last line!! :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

genious stan fair do's :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes, I'd be surprised if it were anything else....

At the end of the day 'others' have been fined for similar and the lad hardly made a difference to a team already on top of their form....

Plus I wouldn't want promotion that way....although the Jacks would probably take it!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Truth is no one knows. :old:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:31 pm

What I find interesting is The FA has not backed down.
There were rumours of a 3 points deduction and no tribunal. That never happened.
My opinion is if they are found guilty of the more serious charges they could be in deep shit.
A fine or even relegation.
If however they are found guilty on technical matters than a small fine.
Sunderland took Swindon's place in the premier league although Swindon
beat them in the play off final.
Don't be fooled into thinking because it’s late in the day the FA won't come down hard on QPR

Lou Macari left in 1989 to take charge of West Ham United with veteran midfielder, and former Argentine international, Ossie Ardiles replacing him. In his first season Swindon were Second Division play-off winners,[10] but the club later admitted 36 charges of breaching league rules, 35 due to illegal payments made to players, and were relegated to the Third Division — giving Sunderland promotion to the First Division and Tranmere Rovers to the Second Division. The scandal saw then chairman Brian Hillier being given a six-month prison sentence and chief accountant Vince Farrar being put on probation. A later appeal saw Swindon Town being allowed to stay in the Second Division.[11]

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

At the end of the day 'others' have been fined for similar and the lad hardly made a difference to a team already on top of their form....

Plus I wouldn't want promotion that way....although the Jacks would probably take it!!

Others have been fined for similar?

No.

This is the first case under the third party ownership rules. If Faurlin made a difference is irrelevant, you can't make a
subjective opinion part of any disciplinary hearing.

As I understand it, the Fl felt there was something funny, referred it to FA. FA informed QPR, telling them to correct the problem. By the sounds of it, the charges may also apply to that "correction" - let's be blunt, if given the chance to correct things, but misled the FA when given that chance, it's pretty serious.

I don't see the FA acting to prevent the promotion. QPR's league position *should* be utterly irrelevant - all teams should be treated exactly the same in the same circumstance, after all.

I'd suspect if found guilty, there would be a points deduction - but enough to keep them at worst second.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 pm

They arent to far ahead if they get a points deduction.
Only 7 points ATM (they have a game in hand) but still have to win that and play us. Come Sat evening they could only be 4 points ahead and await a points deduction (potentially).

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 pm

nerd wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Others have been fined for similar?

No.

This is the first case under the third party ownership rules. If Faurlin made a difference is irrelevant, you can't make a
subjective opinion part of any disciplinary hearing.

As I understand it, the Fl felt there was something funny, referred it to FA. FA informed QPR, telling them to correct the problem. By the sounds of it, the charges may also apply to that "correction" - let's be blunt, if given the chance to correct things, but misled the FA when given that chance, it's pretty serious.

I don't see the FA acting to prevent the promotion. QPR's league position *should* be utterly irrelevant - all teams should be treated exactly the same in the same circumstance, after all.

I'd suspect if found guilty, there would be a points deduction - but enough to keep them at worst second.

I suggest you do some PROPER research before making such statements as "Others have been fined for similar?"

I'll not do it for you but suggest you look OUTSIDE the self-interest of the Premiership....

Happy hunting...and looking forward to the apology

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:11 pm

i heard that i don't care about them or what happens to them all i care about is 4 wins and we are premier league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 pm

adamt958 wrote:i heard that i don't care about them or what happens to them all i care about is 4 wins and we are premier league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:47 pm

The timing of it is all wrong - should have been dealt with contemporaneously and not when they will know how many points to deduct to keep them in top 2 come end of season.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Danny Says wrote:The timing of it is all wrong - should have been dealt with contemporaneously and not when they will know how many points to deduct to keep them in top 2 come end of season.

Good word chief!!!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:06 pm

PtB wrote:
Danny Says wrote:The timing of it is all wrong - should have been dealt with contemporaneously and not when they will know how many points to deduct to keep them in top 2 come end of season.

Good word chief!!!

contemporaneously thats the longest word I've seen posted on here
I had to google it to see what it meant

In the same period of time.