Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Youth Development

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Daya keeps saying our yoof set up is cr@p but if so how come......????

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28530468/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28530467/

Re: Youth Development

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:47 pm

" Daya" doesn't actually say that. Again you are taking your information from unreliable source. He has his opinion which he is fully entitled too and has expressed that based on personal opinion from personal experiences of bad organisation of which he gave instances , those instances were correct.

If you actually spoke to Daya in depth instead of jumping to message board assumptions you would understand that he knows fully well the majority of it comes down to lack of funding not assisted by one Mr Ridsdale and his tenure at the football club.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:Because both reports are mis-leading. One says that a under 21s is going to be set-up (not in action at the moment) and the other one is a cup invitation which the team has to qualify first to play in. I bet many other teams will also have to qualify too so is it such a big thing..? I guess not.

I suppose my point is that if our youth set up is poor we wouldn't be in a position to play 2-3 friendly games a month against premier league opposition that Ardley talks about. I fully understood from the report that the u21 league wouldn't start next season so it didn't mislead me. If you think the reports are misleading that's your opinion. So what's your point? Are you saying that our youth set up is cr@p?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Because both reports are mis-leading. One says that a under 21s is going to be set-up (not in action at the moment) and the other one is a cup invitation which the team has to qualify first to play in. I bet many other teams will also have to qualify too so is it such a big thing..? I guess not.

I suppose my point is that if our youth set up is poor we wouldn't be in a position to play 2-3 friendly games a month against premier league opposition that Ardley talks about. I fully understood from the report that the u21 league wouldn't start next season so it didn't mislead me. If you think the reports are misleading that's your opinion. So what's your point? Are you saying that our youth set up is cr@p?

Im saying that questions need to be asked as to why a player is released by Cardiff City yet picked up by Manchester United.

I asked that question the other day on here and got criticised!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 pm

The Consultant wrote:" Daya" doesn't actually say that. Again you are taking your information from unreliable source. He has his opinion which he is fully entitled too and has expressed that based on personal opinion from personal experiences of bad organisation of which he gave instances , those instances were correct.

If you actually spoke to Daya in depth instead of jumping to message board assumptions you would understand that he knows fully well the majority of it comes down to lack of funding not assisted by one Mr Ridsdale and his tenure at the football club.

1. Can you show me where I have previously taken my information from an unreliable source?

2. I didn't say that he wasn't entitled to his opinion. But if he expresses it on here people are entitled comment about it. I was merely bringing people's attention to possibly a different viewpoint. He often has a go at the Club's youth set up. These articles suggest things may not be all that bad. I don't know!

3. Are you his minder?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:01 pm

moonboots wrote:
The Consultant wrote:" Daya" doesn't actually say that. Again you are taking your information from unreliable source. He has his opinion which he is fully entitled too and has expressed that based on personal opinion from personal experiences of bad organisation of which he gave instances , those instances were correct.

1. Can you show me where I have previously taken my information from an unreliable source?

2. I didn't say that he wasn't entitled to his opinion. But if he expresses it on here people are entitled comment about it. I was merely bringing people's attention to possibly a different viewpoint. He often has a go at the Club's youth set up. These articles suggest things may not be all that bad. I don't know!

3. Are you his minder?

1. You state "Daya keeps saying our yoof set up is cr@p" those are your words don't express them as someone else's if he hasn't used them. It puts words in others minds and mouths.

2. You should comment on it , in the thread he posts about it. Not make a speculative post formation especially if to refer to an individual.

3. No.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 am

The Consultant wrote:
moonboots wrote:

3. Are you his minder?

1. You state "Daya keeps saying our yoof set up is cr@p" those are your words don't express them as someone else's if he hasn't used them. It puts words in others minds and mouths.

2. You should comment on it , in the thread he posts about it. Not make a speculative post formation especially if to refer to an individual.

3. No.

1. I'm obviously paraphrasing. No one could possibly quote everything he says on the subject but he has started lots of threads about how poor, in his opinion, our youth set up is...so don't get so picky.

2. I'll start threads on whatever I like.

3. You did't explain where I'd previously "taken information from an unreliable source"

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:33 am

How is the first one misleading???? The heading makes it quite plain City are talking about introducing an under 21 side.

And as for the second, yes other teams will have to qualify, but they are all Premier league teams or presumably pretty big foreign teams, surely even playing in a qualifying competition against such teams will do our lads good

I have no idea how good or bad our Academy set up is.

But I can't see what is wrong with either of these stories. Both seem good news to me.