4 QPR................................6 4 0 2 8 7 1 12
5 Norwich City......................6 3 2 1 14 8 6 11
6 Coventry City.....................6 3 2 1 12 7 5 11
7 Millwall............................6 3 2 1 11 7 4 11
8 Preston............................6 3 2 1 10 7 3 11
9 Hull City...........................6 3 2 1 8 5 3 11
10 Middlesbrough....................6 2 4 0 11 9 2 10

22 Burnley............................6 1 1 4 5 13 -8 4

So we have QPR, Preston, Boro & Burnley left to play. Only Burnley are outside the top 10 for form.
QPR have lost 2 of their last 6 games, Preston lost 1 and Boro haven't lost in 6 games. (Note: neither have Cardiff or Reading)

Cardiff have scored 17 goals in the last 6 games (averaging 2.83 goals per game) The most in the league over the 6 games, and also now hold the record for most away wins this season so far.

Burnley are way down in 22nd place for form, and their only win in 6 games ironically has come against our promotion rivals Swansea. They have struggled to average 1 goal per game, losing 4 in 6, and have conceeded a whopping 13 goals.

Cardiff's next game -

will be against QPR who have Adel Tarrabt who has 16 goals to his name equal to that of Jay Bothroyd, Adel Tarrabt is also the highest ranked assist holder in the leage with 15 assists, Cardiff have 3 players in Bellamy and Whittingham on 10 assists each with Chris Burke close behind on 9 assists, highlighting Cardiff City's creativity....

Heider Helgusson has 5 assists along with Routledge, Helgusson has 12 goals to his name, and these three players are the main key and threat from QPR producing on the pitch. Peter Whittingham, Craig Bellamy & Michael Chopra provide some interesting stats as each of them have 10 goals to their name so far in the league campaign. Based purely on those numbers, we can see the key to overcoming QPR at the CCS could well be that we keep these two players as quiet as we can? either by man marking them out of the game, or by pressurising them into making mistakes with very quick closing down tactics when they are on the ball. A quick return to the team for Michael Chopra and his pressurising style would be very welcome at this stage!

Cardiff City have scored 7 goals more so far this season than QPR but on the same note, have conceeded 21 goals more too.

This really is promoting itself to be a fantastic game for both players and fans alike.

THIS WEEKS FIXTURES:

Monday April 18
Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Tuesday April 19
Burnley v Middlesbrough

Thursday April 21
Ipswich Town v Norwich City

Friday April 22
Coventry City v Scunthorpe United
Doncaster Rovers v Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest v Leicester City
Leeds United v Reading

Saturday April 23
Cardiff City v Queens Park Rangers - 12.45 KO
Hull City v Middlesbrough
Portsmouth v Swansea
Derby County v Burnley
Watford v Barnsley
Sheffield United v Bristol City
Millwall v Preston

REST BEFORE EASTER MODAY GAME: (Full days)

QPR - 1
Cardiff - 1
Norwich - 3
Reading - 2
Swansea - 1
Preston - 1

REMINDER!
Cardiff v Boro (at the CCS) on Monday May 2nd at 5.15pm KO

Re: Cardiff City FC - Form & Info [Run in]

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 am

Good read, but you've missed out:-

Saturday, 23 April 2011
Npower Championship
Millwall v Preston, 17:20 (One day rest)! :) :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City FC - Form & Info [Run in]

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:49 am

Overthemoon wrote:Good read, but you've missed out:-

Saturday, 23 April 2011
Npower Championship
Millwall v Preston, 17:20 (One day rest)! :) :ayatollah:

Whoops! :lol: damn copy and paste facility! ;)

Re: " Cardiff City FC - Form & Info [Run in] "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Evening bump! ;)

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:19 pm

it's looking good for us but this league is so unpredictable, we can do it though! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Good read but if I could add a little meat on the bones of the statistics QPR have only scored 24 goals away from home this season which puts them ranked 13th in the league for away goals. Taarabt has only scored 4 goals away from home and 2 of those were penalities he only has 4 recorded assists away from home.

Cardiff are the 4th best ranked home goalscoring record in the league (Leeds are top) however QPR have the best away defensive record in the League all of this suggests to me that QPR set their stall out not to lose away from home. However of the teams with better home goalscoring record both Norwich and Leeds Utd beat QPR at home.

In my opinion I think this suggests a tight game but Cardiff will win. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 pm

lewis91 wrote:it's looking good for us but this league is so unpredictable, we can do it though! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:56 pm

castleblue wrote:Good read but if I could add a little meat on the bones of the statistics QPR have only scored 24 goals away from home this season which puts them ranked 13th in the league for away goals. Taarabt has only scored 4 goals away from home and 2 of those were penalities he only has 4 recorded assists away from home.

Cardiff are the 4th best ranked home goalscoring record in the league (Leeds are top) however QPR have the best away defensive record in the League all of this suggests to me that QPR set their stall out not to lose away from home. However of the teams with better home goalscoring record both Norwich and Leeds Utd beat QPR at home.

In my opinion I think this suggests a tight game but Cardiff will win. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers! Excellent input.... :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 am

Merlin wrote:
castleblue wrote:Good read but if I could add a little meat on the bones of the statistics QPR have only scored 24 goals away from home this season which puts them ranked 13th in the league for away goals. Taarabt has only scored 4 goals away from home and 2 of those were penalities he only has 4 recorded assists away from home.

Lets hope Quinn finds a way to give Taarabt a nice limp that will sort him out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 pm

castleblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Lets hope Quinn finds a way to give Taarabt a nice limp that will sort him out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He wouldn't hesitate to do so either! Lol

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 am

stats schmats.... all about what happens in the 90 mins... stats dont stop a keeper dropping a ball into the net, a ref giving a dodgey penalty or a player scoring from 35 yards... its a fresh 90 for both teams and i just pray that we win :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm

marcpccfc wrote:stats schmats.... all about what happens in the 90 mins... stats dont stop a keeper dropping a ball into the net, a ref giving a dodgey penalty or a player scoring from 35 yards... its a fresh 90 for both teams and i just pray that we win :ayatollah:

I agree with this, only 4 games left, win our own games, celebrate the win knowing we are still 2nd, then look at the other results, repeat till we can't be caught.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:37 am

yes