Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stadium match ban

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:34 pm

with the standing today it got me thinking has the club actually blocked anyones card for standing or isit just talk? i dont know anyone who has had their card blocked ?

Re: stadium match ban

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:36 pm

a horse with no name wrote:with the standing today it got me thinking has the club actually blocked anyones card for standing or isit just talk? i dont know anyone who has had their card blocked ?

Phil, I think theyve just been trying to scare people so far, some have had letters with warnings in, but if hundreds stand up like today, WE WIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Supposedly sent written warnings out late this week to people in 116/7 who stand...if I get one, I'll use it as bog roll then send it back 1st class recorded.

I've been told once or twice that mind would be, but alas...

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:with the standing today it got me thinking has the club actually blocked anyones card for standing or isit just talk? i dont know anyone who has had their card blocked ?

Phil, I think theyve just been trying to scare people so far, some have had letters with warnings in, but if hundreds stand up like today, WE WIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i was the front row standing in the ninian. the whole block is going to be empty for the qpr game we are all banned :D :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am

if standing is against safety regulations and the law then it should be every stand or none. the club cant let you break the law and ban you in one stand but encourage it in another just because it suits them>?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 am

jinks-rct wrote:if standing is against safety regulations and the law then it should be every stand or none. the club cant let you break the law and ban you in one stand but encourage it in another just because it suits them>?

I'm confident to say it is NOT against the law to stand. I'll try and find some reference to that later.

You are right in the fact if it was against the law then the club could find themselves in trouble as they allow the Canton stand to stand up. They could be done for not enforcing the law. If they ban you from the Ninian for standing you have a good case for discrimination where you can use the Canton stand as your defence.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 am

a horse with no name wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i was the front row standing in the ninian. the whole block is going to be empty for the qpr game we are all banned :D :lol:

:lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:if standing is against safety regulations and the law then it should be every stand or none. the club cant let you break the law and ban you in one stand but encourage it in another just because it suits them>?

I'm confident to say it is NOT against the law to stand. I'll try and find some reference to that later.

You are right in the fact if it was against the law then the club could find themselves in trouble as they allow the Canton stand to stand up. They could be done for not enforcing the law. If they ban you from the Ninian for standing you have a good case for discrimination where you can use the Canton stand as your defence.

Ian look forward to getting some facts on it :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 am

When I got told to sit down I pointed at the directors block as they were all standing.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:39 am

To be fair the club are trying to come to a compromise but if fans really kicked up a fuss the safety advisory will come down harder on the club and force zero tolerance on all stands...meaning capacity will be lowered and fans getting stadium bans...what they are trying to do is get as many like minded fans in one area so that if standing occurs no one will complain and the other three stands complying will appease the SAG...persistent standing is against the ground regulations in all parts of every stadium in the Championship apart from Scunthorpe, the club are try to come up with a plan to satisfy everyone but in reality it is technically against the law

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 am

there are laws against persistent standing but this is trying to be changed by a campaign by the football supporters federation

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am

Hundreds of like-minded fans in the Ninian Stand already, as can be seen from yesterday.

The same fans who feel they shouldn't be punished for wanting to support their team - the punishment being us having to move behind the goals to the Canton, like a bunch of unwelcome degenerates. They probably want our seats so they can sell to new fans who won't go behind the goal.

We will stay in the Ninian, support the team, and if WE ALL pull together, we WILL succeed. There is no way they will diasble en masse hundreds of fans stadium cards. Time to stand up to the club.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm

I spoke to Ravanelli before the game yesterday and he said lots of letters were sent last week. Haven't had one myself and I'm always standing up at our games.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 pm

it's obvious where the like minded fans are....yesterday showed that. in fairness to the stewards, they didn't kick up a fuss but we don't want any concern over the "blocked fan numbers" i can understand the club wanting to cut the standing but should be more lenient. there is not may fans who like to sit at the games. lots want to stand so the club should be a bit more understanding. :ayatollah: