Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay bothroyd Today

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Thought he had a fantastic game today!!! Couldn't believe that following him getting injured in the first half I had the people by me start saying "he's a waste of space and we should get rid" :shock:

Great when he immediately went and got that goal!!! Was thinking quietly to myself 'good on you jay'!!!

Re: Jay bothroyd Today

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Great chant from the Canton after he scored:-

"You're not injured anymore!"

thought he played well, the defence were constantly tugging him & thought he looked really fit!! :ayatollah:

Natman Blue wrote:Thought he had a fantastic game today!!! Couldn't believe that following him getting injured in the first half I had the people by me start saying "he's a waste of space and we should get rid" :shock:

Great when he immediately went and got that goal!!! Was thinking quietly to myself 'good on you jay'!!!

Yeah, he's been better recently. Still not on top form for me, but is trying harder and is a threat for the opposition! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Strange isn't it how we see things differently.

Jay pulled up in the warm up after a shot, walked straight off the pitch and straight down the tunnel and I was very surprised when he actually appeared for the kick off as I was sure he would not come out.

I thought his body language was poor all game and that he gave the impression of not wanting to be out there. He was constantly looking to the bench and whenever he went down he looked like he wanted to come off.

But to be fair to Jay he took his goal well and although he was poor at closing down today I think he may have pulled something in the warm up and credit to him for playing his part in a good win.

We also looked less threatening when he went off.

Jay, we need you firing for the run-in.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm

davids wrote:Strange isn't it how we see things differently.

Jay pulled up in the warm up after a shot, walked straight off the pitch and straight down the tunnel and I was very surprised when he actually appeared for the kick off as I was sure he would not come out.

I thought his body language was poor all game and that he gave the impression of not wanting to be out there. He was constantly looking to the bench and whenever he went down he looked like he wanted to come off.

But to be fair to Jay he took his goal well and although he was poor at closing down today I think he may have pulled something in the warm up and credit to him for playing his part in a good win.

Fair points mate, it is funny how we all see things differently, funny old game as someone once said! :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:26 pm

2 seconds before the goal, i thought he was dead,

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 pm

ninianblue wrote:2 seconds before the goal, i thought he was dead,

:lol:

Every game he plays he looks like he suffers a season ending injury, then springs up and runs around like a gazelle! He has amazing recovery skills!! :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:29 pm

I dont like Jay anymore. The b*stard blocked me on Twitter :cry: (i know you are reading this Jay!)

in alll seriousness, I can't comment on his performance today as I wasn't there. But he seriously needs to pull his finger out and get his shooting boots on. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:29 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I dont like Jay anymore. The b*stard blocked me on Twitter :cry: (i know you are reading this Jay!)

in alll seriousness, I can't comment on his performance today as I wasn't there. But he seriously needs to pull his finger out and get his shooting boots on. :ayatollah:

Why did he block you?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:39 pm

like you said "strange how you see the game"Because Jay was electric today i totally disagree with what your saying.

Jay got kicked punched and foulded all day but he got up and run riot.

For a change lets get positive about about what our players do.

well done jay.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I dont like Jay anymore. The b*stard blocked me on Twitter :cry: (i know you are reading this Jay!)

Why did he block you?

Well ive only just noticed he has blocked me. I think he did It because I made a comment about believing Carl over him about him talking to Fulham. I wasnt abusive or questioned his commitment. He apparently blocks loads of people who criticise him.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I rate jay he will always be a pain in the arse to play against no matter wot form he's in,but would love to hav the old jay back the kind of form he was showin before his england call up,good thing we got bellers :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

Why did he block you?

Well ive only just noticed he has blocked me. I think he did It because I made a comment about believing Carl over him about him talking to Fulham. I wasnt abusive or questioned his commitment. He apparently blocks loads of people who criticise him.

is that surprising?

It's his choice if you criticise him he can get rid of you so what.

unfortunately it's so easy to be apart of players lives they got no chance. so if he wants to block you for maybe giving him shit them so be it.

like i said earlyer he was electric today so get off his case.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Corndog

Sorry mate, didn't realise Jay doesn't accept other peoples opinions. The lad needs to grow thicker skin if he gets offended when people don't believe every word he says.

Electric was he? How many goals and assists did he get today then? Apparantly Bellamy was electric. Going by what a few friends said, he was average at best. Which, lets face it is a massive improvement going by his recent performances. But at least its a step in the right direction and hopefully Jay can build on it :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Looked to me like he just didn't want to be on there and dj should have taken him off earlier. Don't eget me wong, the ability is there and we aint the same team without him. Just frustrates the shit out of me knowing he could offer so much more.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:56 pm

[quote="PhatFrog"]Corndog

Sorry mate, didn't realise Jay doesn't accept other peoples opinions. The lad needs to grow thicker skin if he gets offended when people don't believe every word he says.

Electric was he? How many goals and assists did he get today then? Apparantly Bellamy was electric. Going by what a few friends said, he was average at best. Which, lets face it is a massive improvement going by his recent performances. But at least its a step in the right direction and hopefully Jay can build on it :ayatollah:[/qu

if your were getting texts slagging you off wouldn't you get pissed off?

Bellamy was outstanding today and he worked off jay brilliantly. Jay is coming back to his best the reason i say electric was because he ran all day got kicked to f**k scored and was party to some great football.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 pm

corndog70 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Corndog

Electric was he? How many goals and assists did he get today then? Apparantly Bellamy was electric. Going by what a few friends said, he was average at best. Which, lets face it is a massive improvement going by his recent performances. But at least its a step in the right direction and hopefully Jay can build on it :ayatollah:[/qu

Bellamy was outstanding today and he worked off jay brilliantly. Jay is coming back to his best the reason i say electric was because he ran all day got kicked to f**k scored and was party to some great football.

But the key point is this.....I DIDNT SLAG HIM OFF ON TWITTER :roll: Anyways, im done with,you, youre just trying to cause an argument.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm

I have to agree with you,as in my opinion Jay is no where near his best at the moment.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
corndog70 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Corndog

But the key point is this.....I DIDNT SLAG HIM OFF ON TWITTER :roll: Anyways, im done with,you, youre just trying to cause an argument.

Phat

not after an argument just saying he's aloud an opinion just like we are.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 pm

He isnt near his best but in his postion still one of the best in this league and for sure our first choice. I still cant believe people were saying to play Parkin ahead of him a few weeks ago, it confuses me

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 am

I thought he was going to go off just before he scored and then he was back to being a spring chicken.

We all want him to return where he was but I think word has got around to officials that he goes down like a chopped down tree if anyone touches him and of late he does not get many decisions. This pisses him off and the crowd. At times he makes Nani look like Phil Dwyer/Tommy Smith...... lol.

I still think he owes us for Wembley last year and hope in the last four games he plays as we know he can. Man up a bit Jay, we ALL want to love you.

Scores goals and stay on your feet!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:05 am

brewer918 wrote: thought he looked really fit!! :ayatollah:

;)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Bothroyd played extremely well yesterday hope his is better for next week against QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 pm

jay isn't at his best but has improved quite a lot from his form a few months ago. his attitude is slightly better although i didn't like him slating OLI after minutes because of a misplaced pass.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 pm

30 seconds before he scored he looked finished but thankfully he made the best comeback since Lazarus of Bethany but thats just Jay isn't it.

But anyone who thinks he goes down to easily should think again he certainly took the headbutt like a man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Bothroyd is definitely far, far from his best at the moment
he seems to have lost a yard of pace for some reason

BUT i will say that we still are a lot less threatening when hes not on the pitch!
i got a feeling he might still have a crucial goal left in him too before the season's over

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

davids wrote:Great chant from the Canton after he scored:-

"You're not injured anymore!"

I started that :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: