Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FANS LEAVING EARLY!!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

[quote="Merlin"]I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

Gets on my tits as I'm on an aisle seat and every sod blocks my view on the way out and even worse is if we have a half chance they stop to look :evil: had many a rant when that happens.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

Why bother paying £25 per game, or £230 a year for a ticket if you cant be arsed to watch a full 90 mins...... do you leave the cinema early before the plot unfolds?

I dont want to sit there during a premier league match where the fans from the likes of bolton, west ham, wolves etc etc take the piss out of us....... for leaving early.......

and seeing as I'm a season ticket ambassador I feel I have a right to express my opinions ?

I am a season ticket holder and work shifts. The only way I can attend a game when I am on nights is to leave 10 mins early otherwise I could not get to work on time and would be otherwise unable to go.I don't see whats your problem with fans in this situation? I am already limited going to matches when working days and if I did not make an effort to attend matches when on nights then I would miss the majority of the season.At least I am prepared to buy a full season ticket to show my support for the club and its dissapointing when you are critisized by fellow fans under these circumstances.

that's good commitment and we are not slating people like you, we are just complaining about fans who blatently have no excuse and choose to leave ten minuites early when we are winning and go into 2nd spot! obviously i don't know everyones cirumstances but no way do a few thousand fans all have excuses that can be understood.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Merlin wrote:
chewbarker wrote:Merlin made this a sticky simply in an attempt to add weight to his viewpoint, but all he has done is made himself look a bigger tit. :lol:

Whether I made it a sticky or not made no difference, I put it back to a standard topic and it was still one of the most popular subjects of the evening..... anyway, I am entitled to my opinion just like all you other Platinum Ambassadors, but coming on and being downright rude and abusive is not on. I have never offended anyone in a post on a public forum, so would appreciate you keeping your sarcastic comments to yourself.

The people that stay til the end, show most respect to the players and club IN MY OPINION! dont like my opinion, then create a topic or post in a constructive manner yourself, in reply. you are entitled the same actions as I.

Oh, and thank you to the posters above for your loyal support - I appreciate it. :ayatollah:

Now lets see if the Crowd can get into the CCS next saturday and into their seats by 12.45pm and stay to watch the whole 93 minute arse whooping we give QPR! ;)

Merlin of course you are entitled to your opinion without expecting abuse (although being called a 'tit' is hardly the worst example of abuse you are ever likely to see on a football MB) but surely then you can then see there is an absolute contradiction in your opinion because every fan must also HAVE THE RIGHT to leave the game when they want to?

TBH there is a fine line between having an opinion and appearing to be doctorial and interfering. My personal view is if another fan’s match habits are not impacting on me directly, then opinion or not I keep my nose out because I could be making assumptions; and as football fans generally we know how dangerous and unfair that is.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Jeff wrote:
Merlin wrote:I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

Gets on my tits as I'm on an aisle seat and every sod blocks my view on the way out and even worse is if we have a half chance they stop to look :evil: had many a rant when that happens.

That is fair comment, if you decide to leave then leave, don't stop half way and f**k it up for others. TBH in those circumstances you would have every right to give them a mouthful.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:35 pm

If they want to leave let them leave as long they do not make you do it do not worry. I left early as I had to go to work on night a couple of seasons ago we were drawing 1-1 against Watford as me and my son were walking to my car we heard a cheer someone shouts its a penalty and we missed McCormack scoring it,me and my son were jumping up and down in the car park but gutted we missed it but thats my loss there were other people who left same time as me and were all cheering down the car park so their loss.

To much talk on this issue really do not see the problem with people leaving early up to them

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:To be honest lads, not accepting that others view something differently and referring to them as 'making tits' of themselves is childish. Why not argue your case in a reasoned and strong, yet respectful, way.

Just because you disagree with something....

Some of us have made our reasoned arguments yet you referred to them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

I think that is a definate case of the pot calling the kettle black :roll:

Hve I got personal with anyone?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:To be honest lads, not accepting that others view something differently and referring to them as 'making tits' of themselves is childish. Why not argue your case in a reasoned and strong, yet respectful, way.

Just because you disagree with something....

Some of us have made our reasoned arguments yet you referred to them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

I think that is a definate case of the pot calling the kettle black :roll:

Hve I got personal with anyone?

Don't turn yourself into the victim, I pointed out that you have made belittling remarks about those who have explained their circumstances, indeed you described them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

As someone who has responded in this thread explaining my very serious medical need to get home as early as possible so I can inject myself with insulin in order to keep myself alive (and that’s just one of things I need to do), I find that remark offensive and yes personal.

But more importantly if you are going to make the rules then don't bend them for your own convenience, have some consistency.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 pm

1/ Its embarrassing
2/ It shows a complete lack of respect to the Players ( who get stick when they dont come to applaud us)
3/ All the away supporters laugh at us (Its a Fire drill)
4/ By me its always the same people ( 1 old smelly git by me says "have you tried getting out of Canton")
5/ How the hell does that create a bond between Players and Fans
6/ I would rather those plastics didn't bother coming at all. Now and again i except there could be a genuine reason for leaving early Work ETC or some prior engagement. But i am on about those that do it EVERY week.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Don't turn yourself into the victim, I pointed out that you have made belittling remarks about those who have explained their circumstances, indeed you described them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

As someone who has responded in this thread explaining my very serious medical need to get home as early as possible so I can inject myself with insulin in order to keep myself alive (and that’s just one of things I need to do), I find that remark offensive and yes personal.

But more importantly if you are going to make the rules then don't bend them for your own convenience, have some consistency.

I'm not turning myself into the victim, you and anyone else offended by this thread are the ones doing that. I haven't belittled anyone personally, used offensive remarks (no matter what you say, because if I wanted to be offensive to anyone then they would soon know about it) OR bent any rules. I have attacked posts, not posters, as I believe they are wrong. Also, I don't believe I have done so in as abrasive a manner as others here.

I think you need to use your common sense and realise that this thread or my posts were obviously not posted at people with medical conditions such as yourself (I must admit I should've expressed that fact, but I thought people would use their initiative?). I might be wrong, but I don't think a couple of thousand others (including most of the family stand) have such serious medical conditions?

Anyway, I'm not saying anymore on the matter as I'd say you're out to have an argument with me, and to be honest I have stuff to do. I actually made my first post here whilst on the toilet, it certainly passed the time. (Cue someone make crack about excerement coming out both ends).

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:1/ Its embarrassing
2/ It shows a complete lack of respect to the Players ( who get stick when they dont come to applaud us)
4/ By me its always the same people ( 1 old smelly git by me says "have you tried getting out of Canton")
6/ I would rather those plastics didn't bother coming at all. Now and again i except there could be a genuine reason for leaving early Work ETC or some prior engagement. But i am on about those that do it EVERY week.

All spot on pretty much. Especially point no 6, because no will convince me that that many people have a valid reason to abandon the team so early. I saw half that left early around my seat having a Mister Softee outside the stadium?

I'd better say in my opinion, before I get accused of being nasty again.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Don't turn yourself into the victim, I pointed out that you have made belittling remarks about those who have explained their circumstances, indeed you described them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

I'm not turning myself into the victim, you and anyone else offended by this thread are the ones doing that. I haven't belittled anyone personally, used offensive remarks (no matter what you say, because if I wanted to be offensive to anyone then they would soon know about it) OR bent any rules. I have attacked posts, not posters, as I believe they are wrong. Also, I don't believe I have done so in as abrasive a manner as others here.

I think you need to use your common sense and realise that this thread or my posts were obviously not posted at people with medical conditions such as yourself (I must admit I should've expressed that fact, but I thought people would use their initiative?). I might be wrong, but I don't think a couple of thousand others (including most of the family stand) have such serious medical conditions?

Anyway, I'm not saying anymore on the matter as I'd say you're out to have an argument with me, and to be honest I have stuff to do. I actually made my first post here whilst on the toilet, it certainly passed the time. (Cue someone make crack about excerement coming out both ends).

Full of shit you aye! :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Each to their own!!! End of! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I have just read this thread and every post in it, it is and always be a divisive topic, as many do not understand how you can go to a match and not stay to the end and others obviously have mitigating circumstances to leave every game early, and there are always those who sometimes stay til the end or leave depending on score or general feeling.

But again this messageboard will throw up debates that stir emotion and Merlin has certainly done that in this thread, the only thing we ask is that we do not get personal and respect each and everyone else's opinion.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 am

I always leave my seat at the end of each half when the added time board goes up in order to either go to the bar or go to the toilet then watch the remaining minutes on the TV underneath the stand .............. bladder control always dictates this Im afraid BUT Ive " seen " many goals from there AND also missed 1 or 2 aswell ( Reading home ) . Fans always leave early for whatever reasons Im afraid BUT not all of us actually leave the stadium ....... at Ninian Park we would watch the final few minutes underneath the floodlight pylon on the corner of the Canton / Bob Bank along with hundreds of others :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

People can do what they want. Usually those leaving aren't the ones making the noise anyway so it doesn't make that much difference to the support. It's always been part and parcel of football. I have no opinion on it. Especially if it's a game where we're 3-0 up and the opposition are dead on their feet with 10 men.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 am

every goes out to try and stagger the mad rush the exits get packed with 20 people so if everyone goes at different times it helps us lot who stay later.They paid for what they want after all .

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 pm

I always leave my seat about 2 min early as I sit at the back of the Ninian stand to avoid a mad rush at the end, as if your at the back it takes about 10 mins or more to get out as the ones at the front push out first or stand at the exit clapping causing a back log, but I never leave the ground until the final whistle as I watch the TV underneath. :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:I always leave my seat about 2 min early as I sit at the back of the Ninian stand to avoid a mad rush at the end, as if your at the back it takes about 10 mins or more to get out as the ones at the front push out first or stand at the exit clapping causing a back log, but I never leave the ground until the final whistle as I watch the TV underneath. :ayatollah: :old:

Afternoon Steve! :ayatollah:

Why dont you stay in your seat til 5 mins after the game? that way you won't have to watch the TV's downstairs, you get to see the WHOLE match live, you get to show your appreciation to the crowd and club, and respect to the players for such an entertaining last few weeks! and you don't get caught up in any crowd bother too.... Isn't that a simple soloution?

Might see you for a pint Sat (QPR!) ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Merlin wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:I always leave my seat about 2 min early as I sit at the back of the Ninian stand to avoid a mad rush at the end, as if your at the back it takes about 10 mins or more to get out as the ones at the front push out first or stand at the exit clapping causing a back log, but I never leave the ground until the final whistle as I watch the TV underneath. :ayatollah: :old:

Why dont you stay in your seat til 5 mins after the game? that way you won't have to watch the TV's downstairs, you get to see the WHOLE match live, you get to show your appreciation to the crowd and club, and respect to the players for such an entertaining last few weeks! and you don't get caught up in any crowd bother too.... Isn't that a simple soloution?

hello Craig :ayatollah:

but then I would late getting to the Westgate for a couple more pints before I get the bus home. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Zabier wrote:People can do what they want. Usually those leaving aren't the ones making the noise anyway so it doesn't make that much difference to the support. It's always been part and parcel of football. I have no opinion on it. Especially if it's a game where we're 3-0 up and the opposition are dead on their feet with 10 men.

Quite clearly you DO HAVE an opinion on it! :lol:

But you shouldn't assume that the people that like to get away earlier aren't the ones making the noise....

It's also not about how well the team have done, or how many men are left on the pitch, or what the score is, It's more of a mark of respect to sit/stand watch the WHOLE game that you paid to come and see - Like I've said many times before, there will be a few groups of fans that really do have a genuine reason to leave early, but like the chap that said above he had to leave at 4.45 to go home early to inject insulin to help his Diabetes, obviously come next Saturday when the kick off is at 12.45 pm - The same chap wouldnt have to leave at 2.30 to get out early for thew same reason would he? But I'll bet you my bottom dollar there will still be hundreds of shifters at 2.25pm whether we win lose or draw...... :roll:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:33 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
Merlin wrote:

but then I would late getting to the Westgate for a couple more pints before I get the bus home. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Oh sorry mate! I forgot your Wife has you on curfew doesn't she!

:laughing3:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 pm

I've got it down to a tee

When the fourth official puts the board up I wait in my seat for a couple of minutes then head into the aisle, by the time I'm nearly at the bottom the ref blows which gives me time to clap the players and get out of there. Happy days, best of both worlds. Been doing this ever since we moved.

:ayatollah:

At Ninian it was easier, hop onto the bob bank terrace then slowly walk towards the gate.

Fair play I'm good ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:39 pm

cs_original wrote:I've got it down to a tee

When the fourth official puts the board up I wait in my seat for a couple of minutes then head into the aisle, by the time I'm nearly at the bottom the ref blows which gives me time to clap the players and get out of there. Happy days, best of both worlds. Been doing this ever since we moved.

:ayatollah:

At Ninian it was easier, hop onto the bob bank terrace then slowly walk towards the gate.

Fair play I'm good ;)

Although I did get my timing wrong at the Reading game which meant watching Bellers free kick on the plasma :oops:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Might see you for a pint Sat (QPR!) ;)[/quote]

but then I would late getting to the Westgate for a couple more pints before I get the bus home. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]
Oh sorry mate! I forgot your Wife has you on curfew doesn't she!

:laughing3:[/quote]

No I am not on a curfew :lol: just yet
I will be staying to end of the QPR match :ayatollah:
You know us old gits have trouble with the stairs. :old: :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:50 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
No I am not on a curfew :lol: just yet
I will be staying to end of the QPR match :ayatollah:
You know us old gits have trouble with the stairs. :old: :lol:

Stay in your seat for 5 mins after the game, and I'll run up and give you a piggy back down! :lol:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:1/ Its embarrassing

Spot on, it's embarasing. Stay until the end, clap off the team you are meant to support after a great performance like Saturday's was. What I find is worse, in some areas of Ninian where you aren't even allowed to f**king stand, you can't see f**k all because about 500 people are taking up the aisles headed to the exits, so that equates to not only a lack of respect to the job the boys have done on the field but also to your fellow city fan who wants to get his 90 minutes for his money. I think the family stand is the worst for this, looked over at that at around 90 minutes on Saturday and it was f**king empty! Will everyone be headed for the exits just the same if we do get promotion next season? I guess its the price we have to pay for success?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Merlin wrote:
Zabier wrote:People can do what they want. Usually those leaving aren't the ones making the noise anyway so it doesn't make that much difference to the support. It's always been part and parcel of football. I have no opinion on it. Especially if it's a game where we're 3-0 up and the opposition are dead on their feet with 10 men.

But you shouldn't assume that the people that like to get away earlier aren't the ones making the noise....

It's also not about how well the team have done, or how many men are left on the pitch, or what the score is, It's more of a mark of respect to sit/stand watch the WHOLE game that you paid to come and see - Like I've said many times before, there will be a few groups of fans that really do have a genuine reason to leave early, but like the chap that said above he had to leave at 4.45 to go home early to inject insulin to help his Diabetes, obviously come next Saturday when the kick off is at 12.45 pm - The same chap wouldnt have to leave at 2.30 to get out early for thew same reason would he? But I'll bet you my bottom dollar there will still be hundreds of shifters at 2.25pm whether we win lose or draw...... :roll:

Gahaha, Merlin, you're making things complicated!!! :lol:

You should worry about other things like promotion and player fitness... or is this the only way you can cope with the cauldron of promotion? I'm coping with it by hugging myself and telling myself it will all be ok.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Zabier wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Gahaha, Merlin, you're making things complicated!!! :lol:

You should worry about other things like promotion and player fitness... or is this the only way you can cope with the cauldron of promotion? I'm coping with it by hugging myself and telling myself it will all be ok.

Im not worrying about naf all mate! Just how much a pint of Strongbow's gonna cost when we get into the premiership! ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Strongbow? We'll all be on the champagne by then mate!!! :D :ayatollah: