Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FANS LEAVING EARLY!!!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 pm

evans above wrote:Why does this subject crop up every week its been happening for donkeys years, i leave when the board goes up every game and i got my reason for doing so but i have,nt got to explain why to anyone next year i can stay to the end but it wont make me any better than anyone who leaves early

Exactly mate couldn't agree with you more, the whole subject matter is silly.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:15 pm

sorrry but people can leave when they want, if they pay fir theirt ticket they can leave aftert 50 minutes if they like, the guy next to me left with 8 mins left, the guy had been on a night shift, I think he's intitled to leave, boring thread!! get it the fook off!!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I think your over reacting Merlin. People can do what they want. The game was over and the difference in leaving 5 mins early for many can mean an earlier train home which can save around 60 mins if you stay until the end and dont reach grange town station until say 5.15 the connections to the valleys then knock you backwards. So whilst understanding where you come from I dont blame anyone leaving early.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think your over reacting Merlin. People can do what they want. The game was over and the difference in leaving 5 mins early for many can mean an earlier train home which can save around 60 mins if you stay until the end and dont reach grange town station until say 5.15 the connections to the valleys then knock you backwards. So whilst understanding where you come from I dont blame anyone leaving early.

Very sensible post and thanks for that.

I always leave early (usually 3 mins) because I'm an insulin dependent diabetic and I need to get home early as possible because my evening injection is due after 5pm.

Surely the most judgemental of fan can't expect someone to risk a diabetic coma just because they believe all fans should stay until the end?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Granted there will be reasons for some people to leave early, but point is four thousand or more people have left before 85 minutes.
WHen people are walking out at 80 minutes they take the atmosphere with them. Everyone else goes flat that carries onto the pitch. We could of done with another couple of goals today but it all went a bit pancake when everyone legged it.

Dont know if anyone else said it here but Ali said today - here are the final scores for anyone who is still left....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 pm

seems like merlin your opion is like you FULL OF SHIT,keep your nose out MOD ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm

and before you open you mouth read the other posts ;) your wrong its up to any1 what time they leave as they`ve paid for what they want.
if i go to the pictures and the films shit surely i can go half way through as ive PAID without answering to YOU :D :D :D

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Merlin wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

Why bother paying £25 per game, or £230 a year for a ticket if you cant be arsed to watch a full 90 mins...... do you leave the cinema early before the plot unfolds?

I dont want to sit there during a premier league match where the fans from the likes of bolton, west ham, wolves etc etc take the piss out of us....... for leaving early.......

and seeing as I'm a season ticket ambassador I feel I have a right to express my opinions ?

I'm so glad you brought this up...no one has ever mentioned it before........FFS

Who cares.... they pay their money.... I stay till the end others don't.....counting on the premier league already :roll:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Yawnnnn at some these feeble responses.

Merlin has hit a sore spot, and just as many claim its none of his business if YOU leave, it is also none of your business if he, or I, think it is wrong. Every time this topic comes up, the same old tired responses get regurgitated. You think the people that stay don't hate getting home later? It happens. Your time is no more important than mine, or Merlins. He has a life too I'd guess, but there's a way of appeasing everything and everyone. Its part of supporting a football team. I didn't get into Cardiff till a quarter to 6. To be quite frank I couldve done with getting home quicker so I could have a wank, but alas, I try to be altruistic and stay till the end to show support

We put our money into the club, and we have every right to expect our fellow fans to stay till the end and support our players. On our way to the bloody premiership, and players still not deemed good enough to stay and clap off.

Spot on Merlin, and don't get too downhearted from some of the responses here.

Rant over.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 pm

merlin, were you were at the barnet game where we lost in the carling vup 2-1 after extra time in the carling up at ninian park in 2008 ? if not. shut the fu* up.

people have paid - job done. move on.....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd better point out as well that this is an internet forum. Anyone need reminding of what that means? It means Merlin has a right to air his opinion without being castigated for it.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:06 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'd better point out as well that this is an internet forum. Anyone need reminding of what that means? It means Merlin has a right to air his opinion without being castigated for it.

yes his opinion that he can keep to himself ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:merlin, were you were at the barnet game where we lost in the carling vup 2-1 after extra time in the carling up at ninian park in 2008 ? if not. shut the fu* up.

people have paid - job done. move on.....

spot on :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

There was only one time I voiced my opinion on this issue, and that was when about 10 thousand City fans (half the crowd) flooded out of the stadium after Reading scored, what they thought was the winning goal. It made me sad how half the crowd decided to give up their support and turn their backs on the team, and to be honest I found it hilarious when Bellamy scored the free-kick with the last kick to equalise and those 10 thousand fans all missed it for throwing in the towel just because the game didn't go our way.

Now that is why I would get wound up about fans leaving early because if reading didn't score back then to make it 2-1, all those fans that left would have stayed until the final whistle, because all the fans with genuine reasons to leave early would have already left by then. To be honest I do find it sad that fans want to leave early just to beat the traffic to get home sooner, I mean what's the point in even coming to the game in the first place if you would rather beat the traffic to go back home a few hours later?

But the majority of fans that leave early, do have genuine reasons to leave early as they have work, families etc, so that is why I have kept quiet on this issue since the Reading game.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:There was only one time I voiced my opinion on this issue, and that was when about 10 thousand City fans (half the crowd) flooded out of the stadium after Reading scored, what they thought was the winning goal. It made me sad how half the crowd decided to give up their support and turn their backs on the team, and to be honest I found it hilarious when Bellamy scored the free-kick with the last kick to equalise and those 10 thousand fans all missed it for throwing in the towel just because the game didn't go our way.

Now that is why I would get wound up about fans leaving early because if reading didn't score back then to make it 2-1, all those fans that left would have stayed until the final whistle, because all the fans with genuine reasons to leave early would have already left by then. To be honest I do find it sad that fans want to leave early just to beat the traffic to get home sooner, I mean what's the point in even coming to the game in the first place if you would rather beat the traffic to go back home a few hours later?

But the majority of fans that leave early, do have genuine reasons to leave early as they have work, families etc, so that is why I have kept quiet on this issue since the Reading game.

i left the derby game when shithead savage scored the pen,because i wanted to NO REASON just my choice SO WHAT??

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Merlin made this a sticky simply in an attempt to add weight to his viewpoint, but all he has done is made himself look a bigger tit. :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 pm

chewbarker wrote:Merlin made this a sticky simply in an attempt to add weight to his viewpoint, but all he has done is made himself look a bigger tit. :lol:

:D :D

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:26 pm

To be honest lads, not accepting that others view something differently and referring to them as 'making tits' of themselves is childish. Why not argue your case in a reasoned and strong, yet respectful, way.

Just because you disagree with something....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:56 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

This is an old subject and, as always, there are SOME (including me :lol: ) that CANNOT understand the logic of ANYONE (with or with or without kids in tow) who leaves a game early....if only to applaud THEIR team (The Bluebirds) off the field

IF their PROIRITY is to avoid the traffic congestion or to get the little ones in bed before the witching hours in readiness for school midweek then I would suggest (and this is only MY opinion and may not be representative of others) that they are shallow followers of Cardiff city Football Club and only doing so to 'show face' and in preparedness for their REAL teams (Chelski, ManUre, Arsene-nil and the latest banwagon-jumping team Mancini City) to arrive next year....

STAY TO THE END, PEOPLE....YOU'VE MISSED ENOUGH SO FAR THIS SEASON!!

Shift workers excepted, of course....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Merlin wrote:I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

What the hell is that all about?

10 mins plus stopage time of 3 mins - (13 mins early and flocks of fans were pouring out!)

Dont get me wrong - the traffic and pedestrian congestion is madness after a game - but as football fans - you are fully aware of the situation - If you dont like the surrounding congestion problems - why do you bother to attend.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn we were winning 3-0 ? what's the rush to get home...... :|

I really cannot understand why these people leave before the final whistle. Now I know that fans cannot be blamed for their age but I honestly believe that those of us who where there to see us drop to the 4th division and continued to attend evey game thoughout all of our years in the lower divisions always stay to the final whistle.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am

papa wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:There was only one time I voiced my opinion on this issue, and that was when about 10 thousand City fans (half the crowd) flooded out of the stadium after Reading scored, what they thought was the winning goal. It made me sad how half the crowd decided to give up their support and turn their backs on the team, and to be honest I found it hilarious when Bellamy scored the free-kick with the last kick to equalise and those 10 thousand fans all missed it for throwing in the towel just because the game didn't go our way.

i left the derby game when shithead savage scored the pen,because i wanted to NO REASON just my choice SO WHAT??

So we win 4-1, Savage scores the penalty with literally the last kick of the game, and instead of waiting for the final whistle to show your appreciation and applaud the players for winning 4-1, you decide to leave a minute or two early for absolutely no reason? Shame on you! :roll:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:57 am

i stay in my seat for about 5 -10 minutes after the game to avoid the penguin shuffle outside :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:57 am

It has got to me people leaving 5/10 mins before the game finishes.

But now when i think about it i feel its their money they are paying not anybody else's so whats the point in moaning, its always going to be the same.

They are paying the money, they should be able to walk out when ever they feel like, yes they might be plastics but atleast they are bringing money into the club (And no im not a plastic far from it, in my 17 years of my life Cardiff has taken over me. :lol: )

I stand right by the exit (Up in the stand) 5 mins before the game finishes so i dont have to be quieing and miss my train home, does that make you more of a supporter than me? No.

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 am

Merlin and others

I pay £519 a year for the privilege of watching the mighty Bluebirds. My round trip for every home game is 300 miles(live in London, my choice). Only missed 2 home games this season. Wurzels when I was in hospital and Norwich when I was in Las Vegas (should be ashamed of myself!!!) my seat wasnt empty though. I have seen every minute of every game, apart when I leave few minutes early to get beer for me and my mate at half time. Sorry about that. Watch game on tele. That is where I saw Jay make a Lazarus style recovery to score our second yesterday.

Unless there are special circumstances, I cannot understand why anyone leaves early. It's an event, a moment in time to cherish if u ask me. Only here once, never get those lost minutes back. I savour every minute. Sad I know. It's a real problem being a City fan. Wakes me up in the middle of the night with dreams of the Premiership. Irritates the feck out of me.

Others have their views but I agree Merlin, I would never, ever leave before the final whistle. I make every second count and clap my team off.

That's my view. Why be rude to Merlin who started this thread. Don't make sense.

Blooooooobirds!!!!!
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 am

Let's look at it this way....

Watch the video of City v Leeds in the cup, that momentous day.

How many people left early that day? I'd hazard a guess at none

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:03 pm

'People leaving early'.....I'm more concerned with the people who come in after kick off....bastards, they should be hung....

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 pm

chewbarker wrote:Merlin made this a sticky simply in an attempt to add weight to his viewpoint, but all he has done is made himself look a bigger tit. :lol:

Whether I made it a sticky or not made no difference, I put it back to a standard topic and it was still one of the most popular subjects of the evening..... anyway, I am entitled to my opinion just like all you other Platinum Ambassadors, but coming on and being downright rude and abusive is not on. I have never offended anyone in a post on a public forum, so would appreciate you keeping your sarcastic comments to yourself.

The people that stay til the end, show most respect to the players and club IN MY OPINION! dont like my opinion, then create a topic or post in a constructive manner yourself, in reply. you are entitled the same actions as I.

Oh, and thank you to the posters above for your loyal support - I appreciate it. :ayatollah:

Now lets see if the Crowd can get into the CCS next saturday and into their seats by 12.45pm and stay to watch the whole 93 minute arse whooping we give QPR! ;)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 pm

can't think of many times at ninian park where thousands of fans would leave early when we were winning! some people have their reasons which is fair enough but some don't have one and leave early for the sake of it, why turn up? we're doing very well in the league and you leave early? makes no sense!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:07 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:To be honest lads, not accepting that others view something differently and referring to them as 'making tits' of themselves is childish. Why not argue your case in a reasoned and strong, yet respectful, way.

Just because you disagree with something....

Some of us have made our reasoned arguments yet you referred to them as "the same old tired responses which get regurgitated"

I think that is a definate case of the pot calling the kettle black :roll:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Merlin wrote:

Why bother paying £25 per game, or £230 a year for a ticket if you cant be arsed to watch a full 90 mins...... do you leave the cinema early before the plot unfolds?

I dont want to sit there during a premier league match where the fans from the likes of bolton, west ham, wolves etc etc take the piss out of us....... for leaving early.......

and seeing as I'm a season ticket ambassador I feel I have a right to express my opinions ?

I am a season ticket holder and work shifts. The only way I can attend a game when I am on nights is to leave 10 mins early otherwise I could not get to work on time and would be otherwise unable to go.I don't see whats your problem with fans in this situation? I am already limited going to matches when working days and if I did not make an effort to attend matches when on nights then I would miss the majority of the season.At least I am prepared to buy a full season ticket to show my support for the club and its dissapointing when you are critisized by fellow fans under these circumstances.