Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FANS LEAVING EARLY!!!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:54 pm

I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

What the hell is that all about?

10 mins plus stopage time of 3 mins - (13 mins early and flocks of fans were pouring out!)

Dont get me wrong - the traffic and pedestrian congestion is madness after a game - but as football fans - you are fully aware of the situation - If you dont like the surrounding congestion problems - why do you bother to attend.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn we were winning 3-0 ? what's the rush to get home...... :|

Re: FANS LEAVING EARLY!!!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Man U on the teledu?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:03 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

Yeh, there at the games so we arent losing profit by it. Its just the way it is.... if it happened when we were still drawing, I would have to throw my phone at their head though. ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:06 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Last time i checked people can do as they please......i stay, others dont....makes no difference to me :?

Why bother paying £25 per game, or £230 a year for a ticket if you cant be arsed to watch a full 90 mins...... do you leave the cinema early before the plot unfolds?

I dont want to sit there during a premier league match where the fans from the likes of bolton, west ham, wolves etc etc take the piss out of us....... for leaving early.......

and seeing as I'm a season ticket ambassador I feel I have a right to express my opinions ?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

baseboy007 wrote:

Yeh, there at the games so we arent losing profit by it. Its just the way it is.... if it happened when we were still drawing, I would have to throw my phone at their head though. ;)

Its not about profit - It's about supporting the club we want to see in the premier league next season. When the 90 mins are over - it would be nice to see all the fans still present and clapping the team off the pitch, - and some people then have a moan that the players dont turn and clap them at the end of the match? w

well, where's the mutual respect?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Why get wound up over something you have no control over :old:

Im a platinum ambassador so my opinion counts more :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Merlin I don't get it either but each to their own I guess.

By the way the 'listen to me cos I'm a platinum ambassador' line just makes you look like a cock!

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why get wound up over something you have no control over :old:

Im a platinum ambassador so my opinion counts more :lol: :lol:

So am I if you want to be that precise, but it's still mad that people want to waste their money? at least get your money's worth? Do you think they'd leave early if we were promised a play of ticket after the 93rd minute of the last game of the season?

:evil:

It's up to the individual i have left a game at half time to go to work. i still paid full for my ticket i didn't get it half price. Yes it's nice to see the ground full at full time but it's your choice to stay and theirs to leave. If we score after the 80 mins who loses out.?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:19 pm

I stayed til the end, loads of people leaving around me, but they all were happy and cheering as they left, it's a non issue! Chill out mun

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Gavlar wrote:I stayed til the end, loads of people leaving around me, but they all were happy and cheering as they left, it's a non issue! Chill out mun

Really?

What difference does 5 mins make? :roll:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Merlin wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:

Its not about profit - It's about supporting the club we want to see in the premier league next season. When the 90 mins are over - it would be nice to see all the fans still present and clapping the team off the pitch, - and some people then have a moan that the players dont turn and clap them at the end of the match? w

well, where's the mutual respect?

I agree, im looking at it from the wrong angle to what you are.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Merlin wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I stayed til the end, loads of people leaving around me, but they all were happy and cheering as they left, it's a non issue! Chill out mun

Really?

Quite a big one if your parked at the ground!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Really?

Quite a big one if your parked at the ground!

My point is - SO WHAT if you get home 10 mins later? who cares - we just got back to 2nd, the Jacks lost, and we're looking good for promotion.... I'd rather not feed the opposition with reasons to take the piss!

I stayed on till 94 mins at my seat, as I believe I owe it to the players, as they earned their money today! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:33 pm

get over it? different people have different things to do. they may have work or want to miss the traffic or whatever.
but the 1 thing its none of your f*cking business anyway????????????

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:33 pm

i've got a st and normally leave on 85 mins, is the difference between me making the quarter past 5 train or the one an hour later

when we're 3-0 up with a few minutes to go there's no need to stay until the end, would never leave during a close game but today things were already done and dusted after whittingham scored

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm

and by the way im a plat ambo and if i want to leave at any time ive paid for that Privilege ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Merlin wrote:

Why bother paying £25 per game, or £230 a year for a ticket if you cant be arsed to watch a full 90 mins...... do you leave the cinema early before the plot unfolds?

I dont want to sit there during a premier league match where the fans from the likes of bolton, west ham, wolves etc etc take the piss out of us....... for leaving early.......

and seeing as I'm a season ticket ambassador I feel I have a right to express my opinions ?

how come your season tickets 230 a year mines over 300 quid :o

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:41 pm

I have to reply to this on 2 points.

1 Leave early every game, i have to get that 17:10 train back to Neath and then another cab or bus ride for 10 miles to get home by 19:00hrs as my mrs starts work, i have 4 children.

2 Last season i took my 2 youngest boys down to the reading game (at great expence) i pushed the boat out to 87 mins where the score was 2-2 and accepted the draw, me and my boys ran from the stadium to the station (no taxis/buses) and got home on time, mrs said when i got in, good win, no love draw 2-2, well city won 4-2 where have you been???

so i guess you can't win no matter what, but please don't question my commitment, i leave early yes...but there is a bigger picture for loads im sure..

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:43 pm

do you think the car park outside, is some of the problem, i dont park there myself, but i think, if you leave at the end of the game, it could be a good 45min, to get out?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 pm

papa wrote:get over it? different people have different things to do. they may have work or want to miss the traffic or whatever.
but the 1 thing its none of your f*cking business anyway????????????

OOOOOOOOOh! Touchy fella! I take it you're one of the fans that disappeared before the Ref blew the final whistle, Yes, it's none of my business who leaves, but why the f**k run back up the stair cases and back through the gates if you couldn't give a monkeys what goes on after the 85th minute ! If your on your way home, then f**k off! lol - dont hang around if the crowd start with the positive vibes! :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 pm

ninianblue wrote:do you think the car park outside, is some of the problem, i dont park there myself, but i think, if you leave at the end of the game, it could be a good 45min, to get out?

what would you pefer? 45 minute wait and 3pts? or leave early cos we're drawing, and you hope we've secured a point, only to find that a few extra fans and voices could have sealed a win?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 pm

i have my 4 yr old grandson with me we sit at the very back row ,i leave when the added time board goes up so he dont get scared in the stampede to get out ,its my choice i dont like being told i should not leave early for what ever reason :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i have my 4 yr old grandson with me we sit at the very back row ,i leave when the added time board goes up so he dont get scared in the stampede to get out ,its my choice i dont like being told i should not leave early for what ever reason :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nobody is telling you when to leave, my point is from 80 mins, onwards! :| :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 pm

:t :twisted: wisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sorry my grandson playing with my laptop :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :?: :?: :?: :?: :old:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:14 pm

MERLIN, if you read my post, its from the 80th min onwards we gotta move mun ffs....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Merlin wrote:I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

10 mins plus stopage time of 3 mins - (13 mins early and flocks of fans were pouring out!)

Dont get me wrong - the traffic and pedestrian congestion is madness after a game - but as football fans - you are fully aware of the situation - If you dont like the surrounding congestion problems - why do you bother to attend.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn we were winning 3-0 ? what's the rush to get home...... :|

couldnt undrstand that myself its bad enough when it happens when we are losing

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Merlin wrote:I couldnt believe what I was seeing! If there is one thing that annoy's the hell out of me it is fans leaving from 80mins onwards!

OK let's turn this one on its head; I'm in my seat at least 25 minutes before kickoff giving encouragement to the players while they warm up.

The stadium is usually about 15% (at most) full by then and even by kick-off time there are huge gaps whilst fans still fill up on beer and pies on the concourse, so by using the same logic as you Merlin (i.e. getting full value for my season ticket money) I should be Judgemental and slag off every fan that doesn't do the same as me.

However, I understand each and every one of us has different circumstances and different priorities so frankly I couldn't care less what others do, it's their day, their choice as long as they support the Bluebirds.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Why does this subject crop up every week its been happening for donkeys years, i leave when the board goes up every game and i got my reason for doing so but i have,nt got to explain why to anyone next year i can stay to the end but it wont make me any better than anyone who leaves early